• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

50 Texans drink bleach

I'm not endorsing any theory except that you can't fix stupid and that there is a reason for the Darwin Awards. Which I've already said. I like how you leap from assigning to me a position I haven't supported--the illegal immigrants and voodoo stuff--to calling me a "Trumpist." :roll:

So why did you post the link to The Sun (lol) story? How I wish I just scrolled past Aberro’s moronic comment the way I do with 99% of the inane lies and conspiracy theories that Trumpers post. Instead I find myself down a rabbit hole arguing with a mod (no less) who simply won’t let this stupidity go. This will be my last post on this subject. Feel free to believe the people who drank bleach in Texas were illegals from Guatemala who believe in voodoo dolls rather than Texans who followed Trump’s demented ramblings on the wisdom of fighting Covid by drinking sanitizer.

So why did you post the link to The Sun (lol) story? How I wish I just scrolled past Aberro’s moronic comment the way I do with 99% of the inane lies and conspiracy theories that Trumpers post. Instead I find myself down a rabbit hole arguing with a mod (no less) who simply won’t let this stupidity go. This will be my last post on this subject. Feel free to believe the people who drank bleach in Texas were illegals from Guatemala who believe in voodoo dolls rather than Texans who followed Trump’s demented ramblings on the wisdom of fighting Covid by drinking sanitizer.

I'll feel free to think what I please, which happens to be neither of your choices. Free yourself from the either/or fallacy.

"And then I see the disinfectant where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning?

"So it'd be interesting to check that."

-- Donald J Trump

Thanks, Trump

Did these people die of Covid? Nope... then your criticism is ridiculous.

"And then I see the disinfectant where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning?

-- Donald J Trump

Thanks, Trump

There is no shortage of stupid people in this country.

-- Donald J Trump

Thanks, Trump

:lol:

Was there anyone who seriously considered drinking bleach, for whatever reason, before Trump said to drink it? I doubt that there were many. There are two kinds of people who drank bleach: 1.) People who don't know that ingesting bleach is deadly and who don't read the warnings on the container. 2.) People who know that they should not drink bleach but do it anyway because Trump said so.

All of the COVID-related deaths Trump caused weren't enough. He wanted to cause more misery by convincing people to drink bleach. Still there are people supporting him.

You can use bleach to clean your drinking water while hiking if your water source is contaminated. 2 drops to a liter. I thought all males knew this. I guess its just the alpha males that go on man hikes.

You can use bleach to clean your drinking water while hiking if your water source is contaminated. 2 drops to a liter. I thought all males knew this. I guess its just the alpha males that go on man hikes.

Your alpha males reference aside, men and women who have functioning brains don't put bleach in their water. When I go hiking, camping, and backpacking, which I guarantee you happens substantially more often for me than it does for you (according to my journal, I hiked, camped, and backpacked about 26.3% of 2019 -- and that doesn't include running, biking, swimming, and other outdoors activities -- so dick measure your man hikes against mine any day), I bring with me a water purification device. My current preference is this one: LifeStraw Mission - The Long Lasting Water Purifier For Groups and Emergency Preparedness

Economical, effective, and a life saver for me in at least four 14,000 foot ascents this season. But you wouldn't know anything about that.

Your alpha males reference aside, men and women who have functioning brains don't put bleach in their water. When I go hiking, camping, and backpacking, which I guarantee you happens substantially more often for me than it does for you (according to my journal, I hiked, camped, and backpacked about 26.3% of 2019 -- and that doesn't include running, biking, swimming, and other outdoors activities -- so dick measure your man hikes against mine any day), I bring with me a water purification device. My current preference is this one: LifeStraw Mission - The Long Lasting Water Purifier For Groups and Emergency Preparedness

Economical, effective, and a life saver for me in at least four 14,000 foot ascents this season. But you wouldn't know anything about that.

Not a man hike unless you find your own water. What you went on is what we men call ***** hiking.

Not a man hike unless you find your own water. What you went on is what we men call ***** hiking.

I did find my own water. That's what the purification device is for. How many 14,000 foot mountains have you climbed in 2020?

Could you pretend to focus for a fraction of a minute?

How many 14,000 foot mountains have you climbed in 2020?

I asked you what the active ingedient is in your water purification system you stated you use on your hikes. Seems like a hiker would know that right off the top of his head....ohhhh you are video game hiking...I get it.

Was there anyone who seriously considered drinking bleach, for whatever reason, before Trump said to drink it? I doubt that there were many. There are two kinds of people who drank bleach: 1.) People who don't know that ingesting bleach is deadly and who don't read the warnings on the container. 2.) People who know that they should not drink bleach but do it anyway because Trump said so.

All of the COVID-related deaths Trump caused weren't enough. He wanted to cause more misery by convincing people to drink bleach. Still there are people supporting him.

There is a kind of disinfectant that is used in alternative medicine. It is very common. That is probably what Trump was talking about. It is not bleach or chlorine, but is sometimes used to disinfect water. It is sodium chlorite, and is known as "miracle mineral supplement" or MMS.

I heard of it years ago.

Trump should not be giving medical advice. And he didn't even remember the name of the mineral, sodium chlorite. But it was not as idiotic as Democrats think. It is very commonly used as an antibiotic and anti-parasite.

I asked you what the active ingedient is in your water purification system you stated you use on your hikes. Seems like a hiker would know that right off the top of his head....ohhhh you are video game hiking...I get it.

Lifestraw is a pretty well known product.

LifeStraw - The original award-winning "straw-filter"
LifeStraw - Wikipedia

I've heard of it and I live in East Anglia in the UK which has a highest point of a whopping 338 feet above sea level so we know all about living the high life.

Could you pretend to focus for a fraction of a minute?

How many 14,000 foot mountains have you climbed in 2020?

Mateo, is that you?

:2wave:

-- Donald J Trump

Thanks, Trump

I stand corrected. Trump has done one good thing since he's been playing in the white house.....drink up y'all! :lol:

Who cares if they were told or not? It's a damn stupid thing to do as I'm sure you will agree.

Yes, but no one said that they were actually drinking bleach either. This apparently was nothing more than the same accidental cases of ingestion that we saw over a few months ago and someone is taking the chance to tinge it with a political motive.

Interesting bait headline selection. To be swallowed hook, line and sinker by Anti-Trumpers. imho

https://www.debatepolitics.com/redi...-poison-center-warns-stop-it-wont-cure-covid/

Headline: Almost 50 North Texans Drank Bleach This Month, Poison Center Warns ‘Stop, It Won’t Cure COVID

Reported by is a blank. No mention of who reported this story.

North Texas Poison Center Reminds People Again Not to Ingest Cleaning Products – NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth

Headline: North Texas Poison Center Reminds People Again Not to Ingest Cleaning Products

The North Texas Poison Center says in the last three weeks it's received 46 calls related to people ingesting bleach

By Sophia Beausoleil • Published August 24, 2020 • Updated on August 24, 2020 at 5:43 pm

Video available

Cristina Holloway, the public health education manager at North Texas Poison Center located at Parkland Hospital.

Snippets...

1.“Since Aug. 1, the center has received 46 calls related to people drinking bleach, she said.”

2. “Holloway said they know for a fact that some callers have mentioned COVID-19 as a reason for why they ingested the disinfectant.”

3. She said the majority of the nearly 50 calls were not severe cases, but 12 people did seek medical attention.

4. Holloway said not all the cases are intentional.

5. "We do know that more people are using these products more than ever before and typically when we have more of those products, using products, we see more exposure, more accidents will happen," Holloway said.

Important News related Question that remain unanswered imho.

I did check several news stories for the answers. I may have missed the one News article with the answers.

1. How many of the 46 people actually drank bleach?

2. How many of those >some< callers mentioned COVID-19 as the reason for ingesting the disinfectant?

3. How many of the 46 were not severe cases? How many of the 12 were severe cases?

4. How many of the 46 cases were not intentional? How many of the 46 cases were intentional?

5. How many of the 46 were accidental? How many of the 46 were due to actually drinking bleach? How many were due to exposure to bleach or other disinfectants?

What were the different age ranges of all 46 cases? (via a count in each age range)

Chlorine Poisoning: Symptoms, Diagnosis, and Treatments

Disinfection with Chlorine | Public Water Systems | Drinking Water | Healthy Water | CDC

Why is there Chlorine in my Drinking Water? | City of St Helens Oregon

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6916e1.htm

Roseann:)

Back
Top Bottom