• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

50 Texans drink bleach

Bleach is recommended to be added to water to make it potable in an emergency and some people use it to shock their well without really knowing how much water is actually in their well which could lead to ingestion of too much.

We would use empty Clorox bottles as drinking jugs when I worked the fields, fill them with water and drank out of them every day.

And why would illegals be particularly susceptible to following the president’s recommendation?

Why do you think that they are?

I don’t. That was Aberro’s theory.

Then why did you ask me "And why would illegals be particularly susceptible to following the president’s recommendation?"

Then why did you ask me "And why would illegals be particularly susceptible to following the president’s recommendation?"

Because you leaped into the conversation, I presumed you were following it.

Question Swing_voter:
Can you show me where in the article, that it was verified that they drank bleach because of Trump?

I'm leaning towards: they aren't smart enough to think of it on their own.

Trumpets, you can't live with them, you can't get rid of them.

It's a problem.

pretty sure giving them bleach to drink is a fairly effective method of getting rid of them

This is why I suggested illegals could hear rumors and do stupid stuff.

Villagers say this ‘demonic’ voodoo doll is torturing their town

If they believe that, drinking bleach can be easily understood. (If true)

Lol at using the NY Post as a source, especially since it’s a reprint of a story first published by the Sun (UK conspiracy tabloid). In the unlikely event the story is true, you’ve decided that because some superstitious people in a village in Guatemala believed some crazy thing in 2017, that means that illegals in Texas in 2020 are drinking bleach to fight Covid. Quite a stretch, my friend. The more likely explanation is the people who believe the lies and nonsense that flow daily from Trump’s mouth, are the same people that followed up on his suggestion that ingesting bleach is a good idea.

just washing down the beef jerky??

Lol at using the NY Post as a source, especially since it’s a reprint of a story first published by the Sun (UK conspiracy tabloid). In the unlikely event the story is true, you’ve decided that because some superstitious people in a village in Guatemala believed some crazy thing in 2017, that means that illegals in Texas in 2020 are drinking bleach to fight Covid. Quite a stretch, my friend. The more likely explanation is the people who believe the lies and nonsense that flow daily from Trump’s mouth, are the same people that followed up on his suggestion that ingesting bleach is a good idea.

Whatever, you can believe stories about anyone you want, does not make them true.

Whatever, you can believe stories about anyone you want, does not make them true.

Lol ok, I’ll go with the most likely explanation. You can believe stories about voodoo dolls in Guatemala.

You can see photos here: ‘Possessed’ villagers suffer agonising fits and see ‘demonic visions’ after officials claim to find creepy VOODOO DOLL

Lol yeah I already said the NY Post piece was a reprint of a story in The Sun which you have linked here. Both newspapers are owned by Rupert Murdoch and are trash tabloids which can’t be trusted. As I said, in the unlikely event the story is true, there is nothing to connect that to people in Texas ingesting bleach. What’s far more likely is Dr Trump’s supporters are following his medical advice.

"And then I see the disinfectant where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning?

"So it'd be interesting to check that."

-- Donald J Trump

Thanks, Trump
Oh my ****... he really was testing the loyalty of his followers.

I would guess most bleach drinking incidents, in any year, are accidental, and not intentional, no matter the goal.

Remember when people were eating Tide Pods?

Did any other president encourage the tide pod challenge?

Lol yeah I already said the NY Post piece was a reprint of a story in The Sun which you have linked here. Both newspapers are owned by Rupert Murdoch and are trash tabloids which can’t be trusted. As I said, in the unlikely event the story is true, there is nothing to connect that to people in Texas ingesting bleach. What’s far more likely is Dr Trump’s supporters are following his medical advice.

Right. Never mind that common sense isn't so common, a fact celebrated by the Darwin Awards. You've already demonstrated that you aren't able to grasp much beyond the obvious shoot-the-messenger, but just for fun, here is an April article: Coronavirus & Bleach: Don’t Blame President Trump for Poisonings | National Review

"And then I see the disinfectant where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning?

"So it'd be interesting to check that."

-- Donald J Trump

Thanks, Trump

I am sorry, but that is just all kinds of stupid, totally insane, nonsensically and irrationally crazy.

Right. Never mind that common sense isn't so common, a fact celebrated by the Darwin Awards. You've already demonstrated that you aren't able to grasp much beyond the obvious shoot-the-messenger, but just for fun, here is an April article: Coronavirus & Bleach: Don’t Blame President Trump for Poisonings | National Review

I really don’t see what your point is here. Based on the story in the OP, we don’t actually know who may have ingested bleach or why. That National Review article said a lot of things and hedged their bets but they certainly didn’t say it was voodoo magic from Central America. Could possibly be overuse of bleach in the household as a result of trying to disinfect things from fear of Covid. As I think might have been mentioned elsewhere in the thread. What no one has suggested until Aberro’s ludicrous theory that it was “illegals” and their voodoo tendencies, a theory which you seemed happy to endorse. Cause they’re stupid anyway right? Lol can’t believe I’m actually having this argument with two different people but Trumpists never met a ludicrous explanation they didn’t like.

There is no doubt that this occurred in Texas--in fact, the article quoted even refers to "the North Texas Poison Center"--but is that really germane to the point?

Or is it merely a way of implying that Texans (and, perhaps by extension, southerners in general) are not very intelligent?

(As an analogy: If it had been 50 black people who did this, would it have been okay to start a thread entitled, "50 black people drink bleach?")

I really don’t see what your point is here. Based on the story in the OP, we don’t actually know who may have ingested bleach or why. That National Review article said a lot of things and hedged their bets but they certainly didn’t say it was voodoo magic from Central America. Could possibly be overuse of bleach in the household as a result of trying to disinfect things from fear of Covid. As I think might have been mentioned elsewhere in the thread. What no one has suggested until Aberro’s ludicrous theory that it was “illegals” and their voodoo tendencies, a theory which you seemed happy to endorse. Cause they’re stupid anyway right? Lol can’t believe I’m actually having this argument with two different people but Trumpists never met a ludicrous explanation they didn’t like.

I'm not endorsing any theory except that you can't fix stupid and that there is a reason for the Darwin Awards. Which I've already said. I like how you leap from assigning to me a position I haven't supported--the illegal immigrants and voodoo stuff--to calling me a "Trumpist." :roll:

There is no doubt that this occurred in Texas--in fact, the article quoted even refers to "the North Texas Poison Center"--but is that really germane to the point?

Or is it merely a way of implying that Texans (and, perhaps by extension, southerners in general) are not very intelligent?

(As an analogy: If it had been 50 black people who did this, would it have been okay to start a thread entitled, "50 black people drink bleach?")

Good questions.

Back
Top Bottom