• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

50 GOP officials say Trump is reckless

Very serious headline.

Really it is obvious Trump is not qualified --- and as obama pointed out --- it is not based on prior differences in policies, parties or issues between the parties or people yet a seeming personality disorder making his temperament unsuitable.

Most fundamentally, Mr. Trump lacks the character, values, and experience to be President. He weakens U.S. moral authority as the leader of the free world. He appears to lack basic knowledge about and belief in the U.S. Constitution, U.S. laws, and U.S. institutions, including religious tolerance, freedom of the press, and an independent judiciary.

Here is an except yet read the two page letter --- ouch! Trump will now whine the GOP is rigging him.

Those are some seriously accomplished guys. That should leave a mark.

I'm totally wondering what Trump's response will be, if any. I can't see him handling this well.

I'm totally wondering what Trump's response will be, if any. I can't see him handling this well.

They are all crooked!!!

if this isn't the response, it's probably not far off.

Trump'sResponseTweet said:
Bush administration losers attacking me today. Terrible administration, just terrible. We'll show them how to run a real administration, let me tell you.

if this isn't the response, it's probably not far off.

Brilliant, Helix!

I think you hit that nail on the head. :)

I will give the GOP some credit they know the candidate that won the primary is bad for the country and are speaking out against him. The left is blindly supporting the candidate the conspired to rig their primary and will not talk about the disaster she may be.

As an independent free-thinker I feel comfortable making this observation:

Every single prediction by the GOP regarding Donald Trump failing has fallen flat.
Every single attack by the GOP on Donald Trump has made him even more popular with his base (the taxpayers who are sick and tired of the 'establishment Party types').

The man won the GOP nomination by an overwhelming popular vote.
And he doesn't even really care for the GOP.

These old-guard Republican Party dorks are rapidly being proven wrong in each and every instance when it comes to Donald Trump and his relative successes in this campaign.

You would think they would get tired of being wrong.
You would think that they would learn to just shut up and stand on the sidelines for awhile.

Lastly, I am amazed that Donald Trump hasn't been assassinated by now, by either Hillary's people, or by the old-guard Republican establishment types.
Clearly, he scares them that much.
Clearly, both the old-guard Republicans and the old-guard Democrats stand to lose a lot to a President like Donald Trump.
It's amazing the man is still alive.
I do hope and pray that he wears a bullet-proof vest everywhere he goes.
:2wave:

I will give the GOP some credit they know the candidate that won the primary is bad for the country and are speaking out against him. The left is blindly supporting the candidate the conspired to rig their primary and will not talk about the disaster she may be.

Clinton would be a disaster how?

Bill-Lite.

Clinton would be a disaster how?

Bill-Lite.

Her tax proposal IMO will in effect hurt the middle class. Either directly in higher taxes or indirectly with higher prices as a result of her taxes on the wealthy.

Her proven lax approach to national security IMO is a threat to us, our interestes, and those of our allies.

IMO her imagration policies will hurt the over all economy in creating a bigger unskilled labor pool driving wages down.

She will support TPP and further push good paying manufacturing jobs over sea.

I have no Faith in her honesty as a result of her continued shady dealings in personal, political, and financial matters.

If Trump wins he is a joke and enough opposition in the GOP to almost guarantee a one termer. With Hillary the blind supports will ignore her failures threating us with 8 years.

These people are all establishment hacks who are wedded to America's old wars, and none of whom are willing to change with the times to adapt to America's new challenges. These people helped get America into unnecessary wars that did not further America's interests but weakened it, while other threats were building up. None of these people predicted 9/11 - they were all caught with their pants down. None of these people predicted the rise of ISIS - they were all caught flat-footed. They were so busy glaring at Putin or Saddam, that they couldn't see the new threats rising. Now they want to blame Trump for the unease that the entire American people are feeling with the way things are going. Let's be clear - the Trump movement isn't about one man - it's about an entire electorate who are disappointed with the establishment and their abject failures. If these signatories had any decency, they'd be putting their signatures on their own letters of resignation, rather than on some scarlet letter against Trump.

These people are all establishment hacks who are wedded to America's old wars, and none of whom are willing to change with the times to adapt to America's new challenges. These people helped get America into unnecessary wars that did not further America's interests but weakened it, while other threats were building up. None of these people predicted 9/11 - they were all caught with their pants down. None of these people predicted the rise of ISIS - they were all caught flat-footed. They were so busy glaring at Putin or Saddam, that they couldn't see the new threats rising. Now they want to blame Trump for the unease that the entire American people are feeling with the way things are going. Let's be clear - the Trump movement isn't about one man - it's about an entire electorate who are disappointed with the establishment and their abject failures. If these signatories had any decency, they'd be putting their signatures on their own letters of resignation, rather than on some scarlet letter against Trump.

I get it. Trump pays you by the word.

he could spin it that these are people who have a career vested interest in the failed policies of the past and are resistant to a new order where their views are no longer going to sway the day and win the argument. Or is that the other way around?

It really does not matter as no matter how he spins it the damage is still there and the mark you refer to will still be there.

The sigs kind of read like a whos-who of GOP from the security briefings room. I was surprised at how many names I could easily recognize.

What the letter doesn't say...

50 GOP Officials sign letter...All of them were advisers to the Failed Bush Policies that have badly hurt America.

You're not the target demographic of the letter.

They were targeting intellectual voters then? :mrgreen:

They were targeting conservatives and independents who don't want to see everything burn because it would be "funny." They most certainly were not directing their message to Trump supporters because what they are specifically seeking is chaos and isolation.

Trump's response was to dismiss them all as elitists. Really, he did. LOL.

Want to know what the Donald's combover is covering up? The ass of an orangutan. That's why it is orange.

I don't like much about Trump and voted for Kasich in the primary but a lot of this is sour grapes from Establishment Republicans who realize if Trump wins, their power as establishment Republicans is going to be seriously diminished. They want to undermine Trump because to them retaining power in the party is more important to them than Hillary winning. I don't have much use for sore losers

Trump is Barry Goldwater on acid. Vote Independent to show your disgust.

Back
Top Bottom