• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

5 US soldiers among 7 peacekeepers killed in Sinai helicopter crash

Rogue Valley

Lead or get out of the way
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent

11/12/20
A helicopter belonging to an international peacekeeping force has crashed in Egypt’s Sinai Peninsula, killing five U.S. Army soldiers among seven dead, according to an Army official. “It is with great sadness we confirm five U.S. Army soldiers were killed in a helicopter crash while supporting the ...Multinational Force and Observers (MFO)," an Army official told Military Times. "Once all Next of Kin have been notified, we will provide additional information.” A defense official also confirmed local reports to Military Times that there is “zero indication of malicious activity” involved in the crash. The units and service branches of those killed have not yet been released. Roughly 400 National Guardsmen participate in an observer mission in the peninsula region.

My deep condolences. The deceased US soldiers were identified as:

Capt. Seth Vernon Vandekamp, 31, from Katy, Texas
Chief Warrant Officer 3 Dallas Gearld Garza, 34, from Fayetteville, North Carolina
Chief Warrant Officer 2 Marwan Sameh Ghabour, 27, from Marlborough, Massachusetts
Staff Sgt. Kyle Robert McKee, 35, from Painesville, Ohio
Sgt. Jeremy Cain Sherman, 23, from Watseka, Illinois

A US soldier in critical condition was flown to an Israeli hospital. One French and one Czech soldier also died.

3 days have passed and still not a word from Trump. Perhaps he's too busy pouting over his election loss.

Chief Warrant Officer 3 Dallas Gearld Garza, 34, from Fayetteville, North Carolina
Chief Warrant Officer 2 Marwan Sameh Ghabour, 27, from Marlborough, Massachusetts

A US soldier in critical condition was flown to an Israeli hospital. One French and one Czech soldier also died.

3 days have passed and still not a word from Trump. Perhaps he's too busy pouting over his election loss.

I spent a year on the MFO Sinai Peacekeeping tour at South Camp 96-97...back then we still had Hueys, and it was the only way out to the OP on Tiran Island as there were still mines on the beach landing area left over from the Arab /Israeli wars.

My condolences to all the families of the lost service members.

Even while remembering the sacrifice of US troops, you have to whine about Trump. That's ****ing pathetic.

Just spoke with my old shift supervisor. Apparently she served with one of them back in the day and she spent her weekend calling up friends to let them know.

RIP.

Back
Top Bottom