• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

5 shot and possible smoke device detonated, multiple sources say

Moon

Why so serious?
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
A preliminary investigation shows five people were reported shot and a possible smoke device was detonated at the Brooklyn subway station, according to a senior law enforcement official.

A second source told CNN five people have been shot and one person is in critical condition after the incident in the Brooklyn subway station.

Police said according to a preliminary report, a man, possibly wearing a gas mask and orange construction vest, fled the scene to an unknown location.

Investigators also said they are not sure what type of device was detonated but early reports say it may have been a smoke bomb, the law enforcement official said.

https://www.cnn.com/webview/us/live-news/brooklyn-subway-shooting-nyc/index.html

—————

Still very early and lots of unverified information. I heard on the radio that the suspect may have been wearing an MTA uniform and they were talking about “undetonated devices”. More to come.

My wife got caught up in this this morning... she is fine.

What is being pieced together is that the Northbound R train at the 36th st station, someone dressed in an orange vest and gas mask threw a smoke bomb into the train and opened fire. The train made it to the next station when a panicked evacuation happened. My wife had just got onto the crowded train when the panic happened.

Yep, even in NYC that has some of the most onerous laws in the country with regard to guns.
When everywhere around you it's as easy to get a gun as it is to buy groceries it doesn't matter how onerous your gun laws are.

please

DO NOT TURN THIS INTO A GUN CONTROL THREAD!!!
It would be nice just once to have a thread about an attack that is about the attack.
TYIA

please

DO NOT TURN THIS INTO A GUN CONTROL THREAD!!!
It would be nice just once to have a thread about an attack that is about the attack.
TYIA
Too late for that. Certain folks here can't wait to take it there. As an option, there are apparently several other threads on this incident that haven't gone that route yet.

There is still some confusion as to what happened. It could have been the Southbound R train at 25th st and the train made it to 36th st. My wife was on the northbound train at 25th st,.

I think his point this is getting regular like clock work. "Thought and Prayers" aren't cutting it.
I figured he had some money on considering how often he mentions it.

My wife got caught up in this this morning... she is fine.

What is being pieced together is that the Northbound R train at the 36th st station, someone dressed in an orange vest and gas mask threw a smoke bomb into the train and opened fire. The train made it to the next station when a panicked evacuation happened. My wife had just got onto the crowded train when the panic happened.
So glad to hear that Jezcoe. You just never know when you walk out your door in the morning, do you?

Too late for that. Certain folks here can't wait to take it there. As an option, there are apparently several other threads on this incident that haven't gone that route yet.
I'll check it out--thanks!

Yep, even in NYC that has some of the most onerous laws in the country with regard to guns.
I agree. If you want to get a gun in New York or California or Texas or Utah, you can get a gun.

Democratic DA's need to enforce the laws and stop putting criminals back on the street to attack innocent citzens.
Yes, because only long time criminals commit crimes and shoot people.

How do you feel about DAs prosecuting people of financial crimes?

This appears to be a planned, coordinated attack. So almost certainly a form terrorism. Now we have to see what kind. The smart money is on right-wing terrorism (the most prevalent kind in America), but that's not a guarantee.

This is not about gun control. The guy had a gas-mask and smoke grenades. He was going to get a gun in America.

We need to get rid of any kind of restrictive gun law, completely. They're not doing any good. We need to respect the nature of gun culture in Amerika. One day, man will be able to walk with a mini-Gat under arm. As long as you're white male. Exceptions for female. Others that are Rep/cons. Vote Republican.

We need to get rid of any kind of restrictive gun law, completely. They're not doing any good. We need to respect the nature of gun culture in Amerika. One day, man will be able to walk with a mini-Gat under arm. As long as you're white male. Exceptions for female. Others that are Rep/cons. Vote Republican.

Yeah, we needed a shoot-out in a crowded subway. That would have lessened the amount of victims.

Right-wings SUCK at reasoning.

Back
Top Bottom