• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

5 shot and possible smoke device detonated, multiple sources say

Yep, just like they do for folks who illegally use or possess ‘street drugs’. Contraband possession is a non-violent offense, thus often results in a very light sentence.
I would argue that people who commit financial crimes are rarely punished fully. They probably have the lightest sentences.

I would argue that people who commit financial crimes are rarely punished fully. They probably have the lightest sentences.
We would have a lot fewer problems if more rich criminals went to jail.

We need to get rid of any kind of restrictive gun law, completely. They're not doing any good. We need to respect the nature of gun culture in Amerika. One day, man will be able to walk with a mini-Gat under arm. As long as you're white male. Exceptions for female. Others that are Rep/cons. Vote Republican.

What we need are more utopias like New York where the only people who carry concealed weapons are the politically connected and criminals, with wealthy people filling in the middle with private armed security and bodyguards. Law-abiding peons can piss off and take the subway.

I think that this was a terrorist attack.
by just what we have seen, it is certainly "terroristic" and quite effective in that.
I think the perpetrator here used the cover of the smoke to remove the mask and orange vest and disappear with the crowd.

still odd that this was so quickly reported to the president and atty general.

Right. Let's just abolish all laws that criminalize any activity since only low IQ folks commit crimes.

That rant has nothing to do with my post. The point, which you seem unable to grasp, is that ‘prohibited persons’ may not legally possess any gun. Couple that with the fact that, by definition, criminals do not obey the laws.

What will adding more “gun control” laws accomplish - other than making currently legal gun possession (a constitutional right) into a crime?

So here's a possible solution; for every carjacking, wife beating, retail theft, drug shooting, etc. we just arrest some random rich white guy and crime goes away!

A preliminary investigation shows five people were reported shot and a possible smoke device was detonated at the Brooklyn subway station, according to a senior law enforcement official.

A second source told CNN five people have been shot and one person is in critical condition after the incident in the Brooklyn subway station.

Police said according to a preliminary report, a man, possibly wearing a gas mask and orange construction vest, fled the scene to an unknown location.

Investigators also said they are not sure what type of device was detonated but early reports say it may have been a smoke bomb, the law enforcement official said.

https://www.cnn.com/webview/us/live-news/brooklyn-subway-shooting-nyc/index.html

—————

Still very early and lots of unverified information. I heard on the radio that the suspect may have been wearing an MTA uniform and they were talking about “undetonated devices”. More to come.

It sounds like "domestic" terrorism, but as your O/P says, too early to confirm.
Black male, gas mask, orange construction vest. Moron.

Prayers for the injured.

yep

many times the bigger the financial fraud the easier it is to shift the responsibility.

What we need are more utopias like New York where the only people who carry concealed weapons are the politically connected and criminals, with wealthy people filling in the middle with private armed security and bodyguards. Law-abiding peons can piss off and take the subway.
that's certainly not gonna happen. we're loaded for bear.

the shooting will continue.

I'm watching live....why are 200 first responders standing around in a crowd?

This is an ambush scenario, a mass-casualty terror incident waiting to happen.

My wife got caught up in this this morning... she is fine.

What is being pieced together is that the Northbound R train at the 36th st station, someone dressed in an orange vest and gas mask threw a smoke bomb into the train and opened fire. The train made it to the next station when a panicked evacuation happened. My wife had just got onto the crowded train when the panic happened.

Hey...glad your wife is okay. That must have been terrifying.

I mean the Marxist left in America keeps talking about how we need more mass transit and they can’t believe most Americans want to live in suburbs and drive cars.

I can’t think of a better reason than this. Stupid commies defund the police and refuse to secure transit infrastructure because it’s racist

This appears to be a planned, coordinated attack. So almost certainly a form terrorism. Now we have to see what kind. The smart money is on right-wing terrorism (the most prevalent kind in America), but that's not a guarantee.

This is not about gun control. The guy had a gas-mask and smoke grenades. He was going to get a gun in America.
So called “right wing terrorism” in America is nearly always a media invention

I mean the Marxist left in America keeps talking about how we need more mass transit and they can’t believe most Americans want to live in suburbs and drive cars.

I can’t think of a better reason than this. Stupid commies defund the police and refuse to secure transit infrastructure because it’s racist
yeah, in big cities all over the world people just need to drive to work.

When people type things like this, are they playing their own game of "CHECKMATE LIB!!!"?

A game that no one else is playing.

Trying hard to grasp why any thinking person would enter politics in to the episode.

yeah, in big cities all over the world people just need to drive to work.
In most other countries around the world crime on transit systems is not tolerated.

Use the transit system in Santiago or Mexico City and there’s extensive security and law enforcement in every station.

In America crime in transit is widely tolerated, starting with the idea that fare evasion is a human right.

that's certainly not gonna happen. we're loaded for bear.

No, it is happening. The only people who can’t protect themselves are the law-abiding peons.

the shooting will continue.

As long as liberals keep emptying the jails and prisons, refusing to lock up crazies, and preventing law-abiding peons from protecting themselves, yeah, it will.

Where have you seen this reported?
The New York police commissioner, Keechant Sewell, said no one was considered to have life-threatening injuries and that the shooting was not being investigated as terrorism.

A suspect, described as a short and heavy set Black man wearing a gas mask and a green construction vest, fled the scene, authorities said.

The suspect was described as a Black male, 5-foot-5 and 175 to 180 pounds, wearing a green construction vest and gray hooded sweatshirt.

It sounds like "domestic" terrorism, but as your O/P says, too early to confirm.
Black male, gas mask, orange construction vest. Moron.

Prayers for the injured.
Green vest.

He's a short fat black guy wearing a green construction vest and grey hoodie.
They're not ruling anything out; they have no idea who he is.

He seems to have planned it so he could jump off the train when he was done--he was a rider and waited until it was pulling into the station to attack. The smoke bomb shows it wasn't a spur of the moment thing.

10 people were shot, some on the train and some on the platform. Five are in critical but stable condition. There were 5 or 6 other injuries related to the incident.

If good people on the train had guns this tragedy wouldn't have happened. The good people would have picked out the perp and blown him away without injurung any innocent bystanders. No way they might have wound up shooting at each other and multiplying the tragedy.
So unlike others, I'm taking it that this is sarcasm.

If so, I agree with this sentiment behind the sarcasm, especially given the circumstances that have been put out about this. There is very little chance that most anyone else with a gun would have legitimately been able to stop this shooting, the shooter simply by shooting them, especially not if the reports are true about the smoke being used first. Very few people would legitimately be able to shoot through smoke in a crowded area to shoot the actual shooter.

In this case, a "good guy with a gun" would very likely have shot more innocent people before they stopped this shooter.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom