• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

5 shot and possible smoke device detonated, multiple sources say

My wife got caught up in this this morning... she is fine.

What is being pieced together is that the Northbound R train at the 36th st station, someone dressed in an orange vest and gas mask threw a smoke bomb into the train and opened fire. The train made it to the next station when a panicked evacuation happened. My wife had just got onto the crowded train when the panic happened.

My wife is just starting a new job at Methodist, as a PEDS nurse. Her orientation was just interrupted because the presenting nurse had to leave to handle incoming ER patients - the victims of the shooting.

My wife is just starting a new job at Methodist, as a PEDS nurse. Her orientation was just interrupted because the presenting nurse had to leave to handle incoming ER patients - the victims of the shooting.
It is looking like it was the Northbound N train. The stop before that is 59th st which is Brooklyn Chinatown.

It is looking like it was the Northbound N train. The stop before that is 59th st which is Brooklyn Chinatown.
Just based on short, I was guessing Asian or Indian.

There are short white dudes too. I was thinking that this could have been an attack on asians.
Okay. Possibility.

If good people on the train had guns this tragedy wouldn't have happened. The good people would have picked out the perp and blown him away without injurung any innocent bystanders. No way they might have wound up shooting at each other and multiplying the tragedy.

Yep, even in NYC that has some of the most onerous laws in the country with regard to guns.

It does not take much to drive outside of NYC to get a gun, that is then brought into NYC

There are short white dudes too. I was thinking that this could have been an attack on asians.
Yep one the the nastiest hateful racist dudes on another site, who was banned, was very short and white. I laughed out loud when he shared a picture of himself. A regular Danny Devito. :ROFLMAO:

The cable channels are hoping to keep viewers engaged by all manner of theories that are far-fetched……

If good people on the train had guns this tragedy wouldn't have happened. The good people would have picked out the perp and blown him away without injurung any innocent bystanders. No way they might have wound up shooting at each other and multiplying the tragedy.
Good point. Perhaps there would be 3 or 4 injured (or less) instead of 16.

That sounds absolutely terrifying. Poor people on that subway car.

This appears to be a planned, coordinated attack. So almost certainly a form terrorism. Now we have to see what kind. The smart money is on right-wing terrorism (the most prevalent kind in America), but that's not a guarantee.

This is not about gun control. The guy had a gas-mask and smoke grenades. He was going to get a gun in America.
That's pretty much a given. Outside of white nationalist extremism there is hardly any crime in this country at all. Nazis account for roughly 96.3% of all crime and have an influence on the other 3.7%

My wife got caught up in this this morning... she is fine.

What is being pieced together is that the Northbound R train at the 36th st station, someone dressed in an orange vest and gas mask threw a smoke bomb into the train and opened fire. The train made it to the next station when a panicked evacuation happened. My wife had just got onto the crowded train when the panic happened.
Happy to hear your spouse is safe.

1649779314580.png

I saw the following in an AP story about this:
"President Joe Biden and Attorney General Merrick Garland were briefed on the incident, as was Gov. Kathy Hochul. New York City Mayor Eric Adams, who is isolating following a positive COVID-19 test on Sunday, was briefed at the mayor’s residence."

are these incidents often immediately reported to the president and attorney general? that seems odd.

Very true.

Just need to prosecute and punish those who use or possess them illegally right?

Yep, just like they do for folks who illegally use or possess ‘street drugs’. Contraband possession is a non-violent offense, thus often results in a very light sentence.

it seems to me that someone who was willing to use smoke as cover could have done as much or more damage with a knife as this guy did with a gun.

it is sad that everyone is going to be focusing on the gun and not on the person and the method. the gun was just a tool used as was the smoke and the mask, but no one is calling for bans or controls on those

this is a people problem. not an inanimate object problem.

it seems to me that someone who was willing to use smoke as cover could have done as much or more damage with a knife as this guy did with a gun.

it is sad that everyone is going to be focusing on the gun and not on the person and the method. the gun was just a tool used as was the smoke and the mask, but no one is calling for bans or controls on those

this is a people problem. not an inanimate object problem.
I think that this was a terrorist attack.

Yep, “gun control” laws are very special laws which many low IQ folks assume that criminals will certainly obey.
Right. Let's just abolish all laws that criminalize any activity since only low IQ folks commit crimes.

Back
Top Bottom