• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

5 Reasons To Buy A Gun Before The 2020 Elections

DebateChallenge

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
Here are 5 good reasons to buy a gun before the 2020 elections.

I'm sick of people being unprepared. especially when it's my own kids. I have always carried a concealed firearm. None of my grown sons, though they are avid shooters, thought it necessary to carry a gun. Maybe that's because they all live in much better neighborhoods than I do. Recently they all asked me for a small carry gun, seeing as how there were none in the gun stores anymore. So basically they cleaned me out. Now all I have is big full size handguns of various types.

So I called a long time friend and gun dealer. He generously sold me a Kimber Micro9 for about $150 more than I should have paid. Business is business. Damn kids.

I'm sick of people being unprepared. especially when it's my own kids. I have always carried a concealed firearm. None of my grown sons, though they are avid shooters, thought it necessary to carry a gun. Maybe that's because they all live in much better neighborhoods than I do. Recently they all asked me for a small carry gun, seeing as how there were none in the gun stores anymore. So basically they cleaned me out. Now all I have is big full size handguns of various types.

So I called a long time friend and gun dealer. He generously sold me a Kimber Micro9 for about $150 more than I should have paid. Business is business. Damn kids.
Ha ha. Yeah, kids always think they know better than their parents. Then something comes up and they finally realize the old man knows what he's talking about.

They should've been prepared beforehand. If I were you I would've told them they're on their own in terms of getting carry guns, you make your bed you lay in it.

Ha ha. Yeah, kids always think they know better than their parents. Then something comes up and they finally realize the old man knows what he's talking about.
Sometimes dads know what they're talking about, sometimes they don't. Moms and dads can sometimes be smart, and sometimes they can be quite clueless.

They should've been prepared beforehand. If I were you I would've told them they're on their own in terms of getting carry guns, you make your bed you lay in it.
I try to pick my battles. This just didn't seem to be the time to say "I told you so". And of course my wife of 50+ years wouldn't want me to not help out the kids, so I rant on an anonymous forum. Cheap therapy. One good thing; she won't object to a few gun purchases in the future......."I'm doing it for the kids".

Sometimes dads know what they're talking about, sometimes they don't. Moms and dads can sometimes be smart, and sometimes they can be quite clueless.
My experience has been different. Sure, anyone can be clueless at times. But when it comes to the big stuff, born from experience, my old man got it right and I like to think I'm following in his footsteps.

My experience has been different. Sure, anyone can be clueless at times. But when it comes to the big stuff, born from experience, my old man got it right and I like to think I'm following in his footsteps.
Maybe your old man got it right but my mom and dad who were both democrats were not fans of guns.

Maybe your old man got it right but my mom and dad who were both democrats were not fans of guns.
Sounds like you see the value in them though. Keep passing it on!

Here are 5 good reasons to buy a gun before the 2020 elections.

Too late already my gun before the election, actually my guns, which anyone trying to buy now is nearly out of luck. Common home defense guns are near non existent right now as is ammo, everyone panicked and is buying them up faster than it can be made. Though right now 12 guage shotguns and hunting rifles are plentiful as is hunting ammo as no one is buying 30-06 in a panick.

If you waited until now to buy a gun you are better off waiting, right now prices are sky high and supply is low, if this all blows over after the election demand will drop and supply will be sky high, think of it like stocks buy low sell high, while buying a gun now would be like buy high and sell low.

What gets me is the push for firearms but no one pushing bows, I mean in a pinch arrows can be made by people with woodworking experience and they are quieter, meaning in a real shtf situation they are just as valuable as firearms, were it me needing to stockpile I would use a bow for hunting whenever possible and keep rifles and handguns for more defensive purposes as if things get worse so will the ammo shortage.

Too late already my gun before the election, actually my guns, which anyone trying to buy now is nearly out of luck. Common home defense guns are near non existent right now as is ammo, everyone panicked and is buying them up faster than it can be made. Though right now 12 guage shotguns and hunting rifles are plentiful as is hunting ammo as no one is buying 30-06 in a panick.
Some people are buying anything that can shoot, you saw some of that at the beginning of the pandemic.

If you waited until now to buy a gun you are better off waiting, right now prices are sky high and supply is low, if this all blows over after the election demand will drop and supply will be sky high, think of it like stocks buy low sell high, while buying a gun now would be like buy high and sell low.
You might still be able to get a decent price at an internet auction.

What gets me is the push for firearms but no one pushing bows, I mean in a pinch arrows can be made by people with woodworking experience and they are quieter, meaning in a real shtf situation they are just as valuable as firearms, were it me needing to stockpile I would use a bow for hunting whenever possible and keep rifles and handguns for more defensive purposes as if things get worse so will the ammo shortage.
Bows are large and can be awkward as opposed to handguns which are much smaller and easier to carry. Also it requires strength to use a bow as you have to pull the string back to shoot it, with a gun all you have to do is pull the trigger and it doesn't matter how weak or strong you are, you get the same effect.

Some people are buying anything that can shoot, you saw some of that at the beginning of the pandemic.

You might still be able to get a decent price at an internet auction.

Bows are large and can be awkward as opposed to handguns which are much smaller and easier to carry. Also it requires strength to use a bow as you have to pull the string back to shoot it, with a gun all you have to do is pull the trigger and it doesn't matter how weak or strong you are, you get the same effect.
Some people is not many, I can still buy shotguns and hunting rifles all day long, but handguns, ar-15's and certain caliber rifles are near non existent right now. My tool dealer is also a licensed ffl, he can't even build an ar for example because most suppliers are months out from filling orders placed months ago. I know someone who plans to buy a shotgun for defense, but she planned on it being for in the house, most first time buyers are wanting 9mm, 45acp 22lr etc. Heck even recently I can't buy .45 colt cowboy action, even that is sold out everywhere, just lucky for me I can reload it with blackpowder and pyrodex, but it makes one wonder how bad people are hoarding when the cowboy action round was designed as a smokeless round to be safely fired from blackpowder cartridge guns like the original peacemaker.

Internet auctions are often worse, the internet site I often use is mostly bare, with the few coming in often triple or quadruple priced. Pricing is so bad right now I could probably get 2 grand cash for my taurus pt92 even though the gun new is much less because no one can get new ones since they are sold out everywhere.

A bow should not be compared to a handgun, as a handgun would be more defense oriented, while the bow would be a better replacement for a hunting rifle, especially with ammo getting scarce and if things get worse it would be wise to conserve every bit of a scarce commodity and use something else more replaceable.

Back
Top Bottom