• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

5 mistakes Dr. Anthony Fauci made on COVID that spelled disaster

The problem is, people who are too stupid think they know better than an accomplished virologist are also too stupid to know when to shut up. Unfortunately, the internet has given them a platform for them to spew their stupidity and misinformation, which other stupid people soak up like a sponge.
Amen, the constant ignorant yammering of the anti science, anti vax crowd.

Its ponderous.

While Fauci made many mistakes, the fault in leadership and pandemic response doesn't lie with him. There's a reason that the United States is one of the few countries in had a more deadly 2021 than 2020...

All vaccines are engineered in some way, typically using denatured viral mRNA. Why is that a problem?

That is not true. The covid vaccines are genetic, and previous vaccines were NOT genetic.

THe pandemic has really shown just how stupid and anti-science the general populace has become. It's a sad state of our country.
Stupid is as stupid dies.

These weren't "mistakes," they were outright lies. If you understand the science behind how and why we dealt with all previously respiratory virus pandemics, you would know that covid pandemic policy was a total scam to push product. And now, we are going to have wave after wave of mutated SARS-CoV-2 because of it.

What has been done is not only medically negligent, it is criminal. One day this will come to light. It's just going to take a lot more people getting ****ed up by this snake oil to realize it.

And of
These weren't "mistakes," they were outright lies. If you understand the science behind how and why we dealt with all previously respiratory virus pandemics, you would know that covid pandemic policy was a total scam to push product. And now, we are going to have wave after wave of mutated SARS-CoV-2 because of it.

What has been done is not only medically negligent, it is criminal. One day this will come to light. It's just going to take a lot more people getting ****ed up by this snake oil to realize it.
And of course you have more than just your opinion on this-like incontrovertible evidence, maybe?

M
Read this for a history lesson. And we know the answer now. 😂
——
I honestly don’t know what to say anymore. It’s like we’ve never seen viruses before COVID. How can news of a vaccine being effective against spreading a virus be...actual breaking news? Of course, vaccines do that. It’s why you get your shots as a kid. It’s why you get the meningococcal meningitis shot before you start college. It stops the spread of the disease. It also prevents you from getting infected. We’ve seen some grade-A science fiction lately and no; you don’t need a medical degree to call out the BS.

Remember that line 'you can still spread it even if you get vaccinated? What kind of anti-science crapola is that? On top of this illogical tripe, we have ever-changing narratives coming from the so-called expert class that is driving all of us insane (via NBC News):

More far-right crap from Townhall? When will you learn that citing biased, partisan opinion gets you nowhere, and earns you nothing but ridicule?

That is not true. The covid vaccines are genetic, and previous vaccines were NOT genetic.
Here; read, learn (if you're capable of putting aside your conspiracy theories for a few minutes)...

So what? What difference does it make?
Firstly it really doesn't, and secondly you need to be aware that this poster is convinced there's a massive global conspiracy of some kind behind vaccines, and that they will alter your genetic makeup in some inexplicable way, yet to be disclosed by her.
She also claimed that she fell seriously sick after vaccination, yet never had any link with the vaccine confirmed by a doctor. That's really all you need to know.

Firstly it really doesn't, and secondly you need to be aware that this poster is convinced there's a massive global conspiracy of some kind behind vaccines,
I've noticed.
and that they will alter your genetic makeup in some inexplicable way, yet to be disclosed by her.
Cool. Maybe I'll get superpowers? Lol
She also claimed that she fell seriously sick after vaccination, yet never had any link with the vaccine confirmed by a doctor. That's really all you need to know.
I guess no one told her vaccines, like all medications, can have side effects.

I've noticed.

Cool. Maybe I'll get superpowers? Lol

I guess no one told her vaccines, like all medications, can have side effects.
It gets better; mind-control nano-technology, developed by Bill Gates (naturally), has been injected into you. The flashing blue light under your skin will alert you when it becomes activated. I'm kinda paraphasing, but the sentiment is the same! You're lucky you missed out on @Monica33, she had everything completely figured out. Sadly she is now on permanent vacation from the forum. I miss my daily laugh at her expense.

It gets better; mind-control nano-technology, developed by Bill Gates (naturally), has been injected into you. The flashing blue light under your skin will alert you when it becomes activated. I'm kinda paraphasing, but the sentiment is the same! You're lucky you missed out on @Monica33, she had everything completely figured out. Sadly she is now on permanent vacation from the forum. I miss my daily laugh at her expense.
At least it won't turn us into lizard people to work as slaves in underground mines, lol

Still waiting on my 5G...

....The COVID-19 pandemic was prolonged and intensified by Dr. Anthony Fauci through a series of dramatic missteps.....
I think in terms of four main categories of things people did, regarding COVID, that got people killed:

(1) Stuff that followed the best available expert advice at the time, but that we wouldn't have done if we knew things that only became clear later.

(2) Stuff that looked bad even at the time, but was done with the best of intentions and could arguably be seen as excusable errors in light of the need to choose among bad options in a hurry and with incomplete information.

(3) Stuff that was well-intended, but inexcusably stupid -- defying clear consensus advice of the experts and common sense.

(4) Stuff that was self-serving and malicious.

Examples of each:

(1) Doctors were too quick to put COVID patients on ventilators early on. Later, as they learned more, they delayed that, and tried proning, supplemental oxygen, steroids, and other methods to keep patient oxygenated without the risks of putting them in an induced coma. They were acting according to the best guesses at the time, but as understanding of the illness improved, standards of care evolved. Another example would be the early focus on fomites.

(2) The early anti-mask advice from Trump's health team. This looked wrong to me, even at the time, and so I ignored it. Although the advice was clearly wrong, and even dishonest, it was well-intentioned.... with the idea more people would end up dying if there was a run on masks, before production could ramp up, resulting in too many healthcare workers getting sick to adequately care for people. It's the kind of mistake you can justify in light of the hard competing concerns and the need to make quick calls based on incomplete information. Another example would be sending elderly COVID patients back to nursing homes when they were still potentially infectious.

(3) The Swedish experiment with reaching herd immunity by letting the disease run rampant through younger people in the society. Even at the time, the large majority of experts saw how disastrously stupid that was, but I think it was done in good faith by (arrogant and unintelligent) people who really thought they knew best and could help people.

(4) Trump making fun of Biden for wearing a mask. This was not meant to accomplish anything good for anyone other than Trump. It was an attempt to rile up the idiotic conservative base ahead of the election, with no concern about how many people would die as a result of the bully pulpit being used to discourage mask wearing. Another example would be the snakeoil salesmen profiting on hydroxychloroquine, ivermectin, and various patent cures.

I think it's fair to attack Fauci. But I think the reason Rupert Murdoch's tabloid empire is doing so isn't because of the errors he made, but because he was seen as disloyal to the right-wing cause. That's why the knives are out for him at rags like the New York Post, but not for people in categories 3 and 4, which are so much less defensible.

His biggest mistake from my perspective was his support of the research in a china controlled lab that produced the virus and allowed it to escape. It all starts with that mistake and calls into question the intent behind his response directives.
There's no evidence at all that the disease escaped from a lab.

Using the term "herd immunity" was a mistake. It's not an individualist term, and gives vaccine-sceptical people a reason to do nothing and rely on others to do the right thing
That's a horrifying thing to say. I'm not saying you're wrong --you are possibly right, but if so it's truly horrifying. What it suggests is that experts cannot speak openly and honestly with the public about issues of national concern, because too many people are too stupid or sociopathic to respond appropriately to information. Thus, even if reaching herd immunity is a key part of the plan, you can't mention that to the dummies, for fear of how they'll respond. That has bleak implications for a democratic system.

There's no evidence at all that the disease escaped from a lab.
I've actually heard someone once say the virus was intentionally released by the Chinese in an attempt to take down Trump. The level of delusions some people have never ceases to amaze me.

Thank you for your unsolicited opinion.
You're welcome. However, I treat performances of woeful ignorance in public forums as solicitations for information, so I wouldn't call it unsolicited.

You're welcome. However, I treat performances of woeful ignorance in public forums as solicitations for information, so I wouldn't call it unsolicited.
Be careful throwing rocks in glass houses. There is an abundance of circumstantial evidence that suggests that the virus did originate and was released from the Wuhan lab.

There is very little evidence that suggests it is a naturally occurring variation that infected the human population.

Be careful throwing rocks in glass houses. There is an abundance of circumstantial evidence that suggests that the virus did originate and was released from the Wuhan lab.
There isn't. The right-wingers have been searching desperately for it over the last couple years, with the idea that if people could be encouraged to think of the disease as a kind of "yellow peril," with hatred focused on China, there would be less thought about how horribly botched the pandemic response was by the Trump administration. But even with all that searching, they've yet to find any evidence, circumstantial or otherwise. Basically, the closest thing they have to a case is "there's a medical research lab in Wuhan that researches coronaviruses." That's a bit like saying that if there's a facility that trains firefighters near the place where a wildfire started, they must have started it.
There is very little evidence that suggests it is a naturally occurring variation that infected the human population.
There are two possibilities here:

(1) someone in a tightly controlled research lab accidentally transported a virus out of the lab and then, without becoming symptomatic himself, managed to infect others across town, after which the virus spread.
(2) any one of MILLIONS of bats and other wild mammals capable of transmitting the virus picked it up from any one of countless potential natural sources, and transmitted it to people at a market where such mammals were being sold.

Either is possible. There have been occasional lab leaks all over the world at various points. But natural sources for new infection are VASTLY more common, so it's the more reasonable default assumption, absent incompatible evidence. Right now, there's just no evidence that would make us hunt for a less likely explanation. It's a bit like walking down the street, hearing hoof beats clopping down the street behind you, and assuming it must be a zebra. You might be right, but it's a weird assumption, when there's a much more obvious possibility.

Here; read, learn (if you're capable of putting aside your conspiracy theories for a few minutes)...

They aren't gene therapy, they are GENETIC VACCINES. You are so confused.

Back
Top Bottom