• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

5 dead, 16 hospitalized in mass shooting at Highland Park Fourth of July parade, shooter being sought

Yes, your enjoyment of shooting paper targets is not really equivalent of many deaths, maimings of kids and mandatory ‘active shooter drills’ American schoolchildren have to endure.

But cry more about your pitiful feelings of persecution by bigotry.

You wish to ban motorcycles, ATVs, UTVs, mini-bikes, go-carts, and drinkable alcohol for the same reason?

Or does the enjoyment of those outweigh the deaths and maimings attributed to their lawful use?

Weird that you try to answer for him.

But yeah, assault weapons are basicallly cool toys for the vast majority of their owners.
Which really has nothing to do with the very tiny portion that are deliberately used for murder. Why is your ire not reserved for handguns, which are used for murder vastly more often?

Weird that you try to answer for him.

But yeah, assault weapons are basicallly cool toys for the vast majority of their owners.
Weird that I have an opinion about your opinion on a political debate site. Yep.

The second is just nonsense, unless you actually know all the people with "assault weapons."

You wish to ban motorcycles, ATVs, UTVs, mini-bikes, go-carts, and drinkable alcohol for the same reason?

Or does the enjoyment of those outweigh the deaths and maimings attributed to their lawful use?
Those things usually kill their owner. Did you not know that?

Weird that I have an opinion about your opinion on a political debate site. Yep.

The second is just nonsense, unless you actually know all the people with "assault weapons."
Oh, and since you don’t know all the people with assault weapons, you obviously eouldnt know either.

Those things usually kill their owner. Did you not know that?

No, and neither does anyone else. But people often manage to kill themselves and others, while using them. Quite often, while lawfully using them. Was that an answer to my question as to whether the enjoyment of their use outweighs the loss of life associated with them? Because it was more a deflection.

Is the use of AR15s associated with a great deal of loss of life during lawful use?

Oh, and since you don’t know all the people with assault weapons, you obviously eouldnt know either.
@ASHES didn't make a claim as to knowledge of that. You did

No, and neither does anyone else. But people often manage to kill themselves and others, while using them. Quite often, while lawfully using them. Was that an answer to my question as to whether the enjoyment of their use outweighs the loss of life associated with them? Because it was more a deflection.

Is the use of AR15s associated with a great deal of loss of life during lawful use?
LOL.

We weren’t talking about lawful use.

But you have to, because…

FFB01666-C4A6-4ED7-A625-DE6210175E5D.jpeg

LOL.

We weren’t talking about lawful use.

But you have to, because…

View attachment 67400976

Of course we were talking about lawful use.

The tens of millions of lawful users of AR15s that you claim sacrifice children, remember?

Look. Save us some time. Do you actually have a coherent argument, or are you just driving by tossing shit?

Of course we were talking about lawful use.

The tens of millions of lawful users of AR15s that you claim sacrifice children, remember?

Look. Save us some time. Do you actually have a coherent argument, or are you just driving by tossing shit?
You’re not real good at reading.

You’re not real good at reading.

Maybe you aren't real good at writing.

"They like their toys, and are perfectly willing to sacrifice dozens of children to keep them."

Who is "they"?

Are you going to even attempt to support your statements in this thread, or just run around in circles?

"They like their toys, and are perfectly willing to sacrifice dozens of children to keep them."

Who is "they"?

Are you going to even attempt to support your statements in this thread, or just run around in circles?
Yes. Some owners kill children in masks shootings.

And the other owners don’t care because they like their toys and don’t want to give them up,

This isn’t real hard to understand, dude. I mean.. if you can’t grasp this line of argument, I, for one, have got to question you’re competence to own firearms. I mean- this is really basic elementary school child logic.

Yes. Some owners kill children in masks shootings.

And the other owners don’t care because they like their toys and don’t want to give them up,

This isn’t real hard to understand, dude. I mean.. if you can’t grasp this line of argument, I, for one, have got to question you’re competence to own firearms. I mean- this is really basic elementary school child logic.
*mass
*your

Yep, we may have hit on the problem.

Anyway...no, your argument isn't hard to understand.

Because a small handful of people use something illegally, that means the legal users of that something are complicit in the illegal use. Like if someone murders some people with an AR15, that's partially the fault of all the other people who own AR15s, who didn't use them for anything but lawful, safe activities.

'Bout right?

*mass
*your

Yep, we may have hit on the problem.

Anyway...no, your argument isn't hard to understand.

Because a small handful of people use something illegally, that means the legal users of that something are complicit in the illegal use. Like if someone murders some people with an AR15, that's partially the fault of all the other people who own AR15s, who didn't use them for anything but lawful, safe activities.

'Bout right?
Not at all.

But maybe one day you’ll get over your victim complex and understand basic logic.

Not at all.

But maybe one day you’ll get over your victim complex and understand basic logic.

Maybe one day you'll quit running from your own statements.

In all the cases you list, it REQUIRES someone/thing else.
Does the gun pull its own trigger? Pick itself up off the counter and shoot someone?
Does it unlock itself from the safe in order to go out and perform these dastardly crimes?
Do I have to keep up this charade all because you are objectively wrong on this point?

Feel free to find a case where the gun killed someone without an actual person/thing acting on the gun.
Tired old clich arguments. No guns, no mass shootings; of which your country has suffered over 300 so far this year. I confidently expect the 'why not ban swimming pools?' excuse in addition to the above.

So the sensationalist reporting is so people can really key in on what's important to them that they can experience. Sounds very VR to me.
If someone told me that in this one story 800 people died, and this other story 14 people died, I think I would put slightly more weight on the 800 than the 14.
But it also highlights the NEED for factual honest reporting, without bias and spin. News needs to go back to being NEWS.

Then it needs to be dismantled. If 14 is somehow MORE than 800, it's dumb and they should be fired.

And we still send more money.
I see, so it's all about what's the bigger number and thus more newsworthy; a percentage game?

Once again the discussion has settled on a back-and-forth on some minor point. Meanwhile, gunshot accounted for over 45,000 deaths* in the United States of America in 2020. That's one gunshot death roughly every 12 minutes on average. It does not matter what particular gun was used as far as the dead are concerned. Their lives were cut short by guns.

Our present laws and their level of enforcement still resulted in the 45,000 plus deaths.

In all but a very small number of instances there were three components to each death by gunshot. These were a shooter, a gun and a bullet. If any one of the three were not present, the gunshot death would not have occurred.

And so it goes, day after day and death after death.

* https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2022/02/03/what-the-data-says-about-gun-deaths-in-the-u-s/

The poster you replied to is correct. Seems like no number of needless deaths is big enough, outrageous enough to divert attention from the common denominator in all these (over 300 so far this year), mass shootings. The gun. Your country is only second to third-world Brazil in the number of annual fatalities from gunshot; never mind the maiming and life-changing injuries they cause. And America claims to be a civilised and advanced modern nation! What we in Europe see is a country rapidly descending into a violent, third world banana republic where the gun rules and nobody gives a damn about addressing an epidemic. Because 'freedom!' and a wretched, anachronistic 'right' which has no place in the modern world any more than burning witches does.

Last edited:

Right.

It says nothing about most gun owners sacrificing children.

Use Jarts as an analogy. But I suspect you are so poutraged you can’t undrdtsnd the basic arguments anyway.

Who is "they"?

I know! I know! :)

Back
Top Bottom