• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

5 dead, 16 hospitalized in mass shooting at Highland Park Fourth of July parade, shooter being sought

Near as I can understand, since he's a white make he is MAGA. My further understanding is that since Trump's mere existence creates hatred in so many people that this shooting, by a white guy, is Trump's fault.

Orrr... maybe it's the photos of him at Trump rallies and wearing Trump paraphernalia that are making people say he's a MAGAt. But keep that head buried in the sand.

There's a pic of the shooter in a "Where's Waldo" outfit in front of a Trump sign but thats about it.

No, that isn't it. Why are you lying?

Does anyone wonder why when it's a Caucasian shooter he's automatically mentally ill but when it's a "minority" they're automatically labeled as criminals?
Are we saying as a country that "minorities" can't be mentally ill or that Caucasians can't be criminals?

I do wonder about how we accept these assumptions.
Haven’t heard anyone refer to this guy as a thug for some reason.

It means aggressive - offering tax breaks, financial incentives, other means to entice people to turn over guns for destruction.

Again, that's just ONE way.
The problem with that is, the crazies and killers won't give a damn about either of those options, so the only thing that will be accomplished is that fewer law abiding citizens will be armed and that solves nothing.

Seems like so many legal gun owners are fanatics. They seem to want guns everywhere, and any effort to regulate them like we do with cars is to them tantamount to treason. It's insane.
It's also not true. Some are, but MANY more are not.

Which is especially stupid because countries like India gained their freedom without a shot being fired.
They made up for it immediately after

On August 15, 1947, the Indian Independence Bill took effect, inaugurating a period of religious turmoil in India and Pakistan that would result in the deaths of hundreds of thousands, including Gandhi, who was assassinated by a Hindu fanatic in January 1948 during a prayer meeting to end Muslim-Hindu violence.

Keep posting idiocy. I feed on the entertainment.
Why can’t we blow this shooting off just like we do the ones 20 miles away in Killcago? Just another day such a short distance away.

Why can’t we blow this shooting off

You and your pal Darren Bailey would love that, wouldn't you? Especially now that we've all learned the shooter is a MAGAt.

You and your pal Darren Bailey would love that, wouldn't you? Especially now that we've all learned the shooter is a MAGAt.
Actually the creepy looking incel is a leftist. But just think. 20 miles down the road and being black would of had the sympathy crowd supporting him as a victim.

How do y’all do that?

Like what? Please provide some practical legal solutions. I'm esp. interested in ones that would actually affect people with ill intent and not just punish the law-abiding who would still comply...and be left vulnerable and at a disadvantage.
Making excuses for not doing anything is not doing anything.

I raised my kids right. They are law-abiding, productive members of society. The guns I own I keep safely so criminals cannot steal them. I do my part. I cannot say the same for all others.
So you would like to think.

Actually the creepy looking incel is a leftist.

Lol, no he's a right-winger MAGAt like most incels.

E456xChWQAEL1Bb_fofczb

An M1 carbine can fire 15 rounds per minute.

An AR15 can fire 45 (400 if modified).

Pistols are not an 'ideal' weapon for mass shootings.

it does not appear that the U.S. is awash in an epidemic of such crimes, at least comparing to previous decades going back to the 1970s.
conservative/right-libertarian source: https://fee.org/articles/mass-shoot...e-contradicts-stereotypes-about-the-shooters/

The Public Safety and Recreational Firearms Use Protection Act or Federal Assault Weapons Ban (AWB) was a subsection of the Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1994, a United States federal law which included a prohibition on the manufacture for civilian use of certain semi-automatic firearms that were defined as assault weapons as well as certain ammunition magazines that were defined as large capacity.

Pistols have been used in more mass shootings than rifles. Your opinion as to what is "ideal" for mass shooting doesn't seem supported by mass shooters themselves.

Your knowledge of an M1 Carbine vs AR15 is non-existent. I own both. Tell me why I can't put a 30 round magazine in my M1 and fire it fast as I can pull the trigger. Same as my AR.

Your reference doesn't support your claim that semi-automatic weapons were banned 1994-2004. I bought my M1 Carbine that time period.

Lol, no he's a right-winger MAGAt like most incels.

E456xChWQAEL1Bb_fofczb
So? Democrats dress up black face does that make them racist? His social site list clearly show his leftist progressive side.

1657012589746.png

Was Ramos a Trump fan? He just went after little children, so maybe not.

Pistols have been used in more mass shootings than rifles. Your opinion as to what is "ideal" for mass shooting doesn't seem supported by mass shooters themselves.

Pistols are easier to conceal, which is why they're favored by gang members.

ARs are favored by white right-wing unhinged assholes because they are easier to control. They are undoubtedly favored over pistols for doing as much damage in a short amount of time as possible. But you already knew this.

Your knowledge of an M1 Carbine vs AR15 is non-existent. I own both. Tell me why I can't put a 30 round magazine in my M1 and fire it fast as I can pull the trigger.

And how many gunowners were doing that in the 1960s?

Your reference doesn't support your claim that semi-automatic weapons were banned 1994-2004. I bought my M1 Carbine that time period.

The manufacture was banned.

So they caught the guy alive...must be white then. Did he get Burger King or McD in the way to jail?
Nope. And he doesn’t get to share a cell with his daddy either.

OK, but why the US and nowhere else. We have video games, mental illness, drugs and even etc but we don't have these mass murders. There is something very unique to the States and I believe it is your level of anger, divisiveness, cultural grievances and intolerance to other points of view coupled with easy access to powerful weapons.
Don't forget cable news networks that masturbate over every shooting which means it's ticket to infamy for sick minds that beg for attention.

Other parts of the world are very different than the US where we have 400 million+ firearms already out there. Those who want to shoot people aren't going to follow the laws.
No shit Captain Obvious. My point was local restrictions don't work when it's easy to bring in guns from surrounding areas.

And yes gun restrictions DO work in other parts of the world where every Tom, Dick, and Harry can't buy one as easily as you can in the U.S. The ease of purchases here is why we have so many guns. We have over 20 million AR-15's in civilian hands in the U.S. I bought a gun a few years ago for predator control at my farm faster than I can get a fishing license on the Internet. I was in and out of the store in minutes.

Do you trust the state to determine who needs to be locked away?

The decision is usually made by doctors, in the first day. After that, the patient or someone acting on their behalf can appeal to a court, however this rarely happens.

If doctors partly or wholly funded by "the state" is what you mean, then it's a broad brush. I trust doctors more than I trust judges, and I trust judges more than I trust prosecutors. I trust even prosecutors, more than I trust police. If forced mental health incarceration is in the hands of doctors, that's a whole lot better for everyone than police feeling threatened by the patient and shooting them dead. Doctors are risk averse so they err on the side of committal, whereas cops have qualified immunity and the implied right to shoot first.

Back
Top Bottom