• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

5 Countries You Didn't Know Had Free Healthcare

Viking11

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
5. Mexico

mexico_slideshow.JPG

On December 1, 2006, the Mexican government created the Health Insurance for a New Generation.This was followed by a February 16, 2009, announcement by President Felipe Calderon where he stated that at the current rate of progress Mexico would receive Universal Health Coverage by 2011, and a May 28, 2009, announcement in which his administration made public Universal Care Coverage for Pregnant Women. In August 2012 Mexico installed a universal healthcare system.

4. Russia

112246-770x528.jpeg

The Constitution of the Russian Federation provides all citizens the right to free healthcare under Mandatory Medical Insurance since 1996. In 2008, 621,000 doctors and 1.3 million nurses were employed in Russian healthcare.

3. Hong Kong

medical-insurance-healthcare-in-retirement-the-great-misconception-700x402.jpg

Hong Kong has a system of government-operate hospitals, which constitutes the majority of the health care system. People also have the option of a private hospital if they wish. There are more than 50 public hospitals, and twelve private ones.

2. Saudi Arabia

Qatar-Biobank.jpg

In the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA), healthcare is offered for free to Saudi citizens through more than 2000 primary healthcare centres and 420 hospitals.

1. Iran

2014214125221682734_20.jpg

According to the World Health Organization, as of 2000, Iran ranks 58 in healthcare and 93 in health-system performance.In 2013, Bloomberg News ranked Iran 45th most efficient healthcare system ahead of United States and Brazil. The report shows life expectancy in Iran is 73 years and per capita spending on healthcare is $346. The health status of Iranians has improved over the last two decades. Iran has been able to extend public health preventive services through the establishment of an extensive Primary Healthcare Network.

None of those countries have taxes?

5. Mexico

mexico_slideshow.JPG

On December 1, 2006, the Mexican government created the Health Insurance for a New Generation.This was followed by a February 16, 2009, announcement by President Felipe Calderon where he stated that at the current rate of progress Mexico would receive Universal Health Coverage by 2011, and a May 28, 2009, announcement in which his administration made public Universal Care Coverage for Pregnant Women. In August 2012 Mexico installed a universal healthcare system.

4. Russia

112246-770x528.jpeg

The Constitution of the Russian Federation provides all citizens the right to free healthcare under Mandatory Medical Insurance since 1996. In 2008, 621,000 doctors and 1.3 million nurses were employed in Russian healthcare.

3. Hong Kong

medical-insurance-healthcare-in-retirement-the-great-misconception-700x402.jpg

Hong Kong has a system of government-operate hospitals, which constitutes the majority of the health care system. People also have the option of a private hospital if they wish. There are more than 50 public hospitals, and twelve private ones.

2. Saudi Arabia

Qatar-Biobank.jpg

In the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA), healthcare is offered for free to Saudi citizens through more than 2000 primary healthcare centres and 420 hospitals.

1. Iran

2014214125221682734_20.jpg

According to the World Health Organization, as of 2000, Iran ranks 58 in healthcare and 93 in health-system performance.In 2013, Bloomberg News ranked Iran 45th most efficient healthcare system ahead of United States and Brazil. The report shows life expectancy in Iran is 73 years and per capita spending on healthcare is $346. The health status of Iranians has improved over the last two decades. Iran has been able to extend public health preventive services through the establishment of an extensive Primary Healthcare Network.

Lol !!

We should strive to be more like Mexico !! One of the most corrupt Govt in the World

Iran ! Free healthcare but if your gay you die.

Saudi Arabia !.......Hahahaha....too easy

China ! Free healtcare but deplorable human rights abuses.

Russia ! Wow, Russia ?

NO COUNTRY has free healthcare. Please dont tell me your'e this naive.

So...what? The United States is a worse country than Mexico or Iran?

World Health Organization? Pro Tip: Whenever an organization has the word "world" in it, it's pretty much anti-whatever the United States is doing.

*Universal healthcare.

Ain't no such thing as free.

I look forward to when we get our own universal set up, better than these nations obviously (not that ours isn't already), but should be good.

None of those countries have taxes?

Of course. These countries just have different financial priorities than the US.
For example, the US' defense spending is nearly $600 billion versus China being the 2nd runner up with $150 billion.
That's several hundred billion we've decided is a higher priority.

Likewise the US' already probably bears a significant portion of total healthcare costs via Medicare & Medicaid.
The elderly and low income are the biggest users of healthcare. That's exactly the populations that are covered by those two programs.

So if we were ever to covert to a single-payer system of healthcare, our taxes would being go up significantly less than what they'd would have gone up in the theoretical world where we had not implemented health insurance via Medicare/Medicaid already.

Last edited:
So...what? The United States is a worse country than Mexico or Iran?
World Health Organization? Pro Tip: Whenever an organization has the word "world" in it, it's pretty much anti-whatever the United States is doing.
No, Mexico has worse health rankings than the US.

However Iran has better health rankings that the US. For example, Cancer's Global Footprint | Interactive map of cancer
The US' cancer incidence is 3x greater than Iran's. Our cancer mortality rates are also 1.25 greater than Iran's.

I'd bet you that the same carried through for the US vs. Iran on obesity, diabetes, heart disease, etc.

However Iran has better health rankings that the US. For example, Cancer's Global Footprint | Interactive map of cancer
The US' cancer incidence is 3x greater than Iran's. Our cancer mortality rates are also 1.25 greater than Iran's.

I'd bet you that the same carried through for the US vs. Iran on obesity, diabetes, heart disease, etc.

That's all true but obesity, diabetes, heart disease issues are not because we have bad healthcare but because we have bad lifestyles.

What accounts for Irans 'success' in dealing with cancer?

What accounts for Irans 'success' in dealing with cancer?
I'm not an expert in Iran's medical practices. Or are you looking for educated guesses?

My point is that it doesn't take a genius to use Google to look up various NGO's health rankings and determine that the US health care system ranks very poor comparative to most countries in the world. Heck, you pick a health outcome, and see how the US compares to Iran.

I'm not an expert in Iran's medical practices. Or are you looking for educated guesses?

My point is that it doesn't take a genius to use Google to look up various NGO's health rankings and determine that the US health care system ranks very poor comparative to most countries in the world. Heck, you pick a health outcome, and see how the US compares to Iran.

Actually, I was looking for an answer. There is no better healthcare anywhere in the world than in the US. The problem here is cost, not care. So if someone wants to claim that a backward-ass thugocracy like Iran has better medical results in any area than we have here in the US, the burden should be upon them to prove it and demonstrate how they pull it off.

Actually, I was looking for an answer. There is no better healthcare anywhere in the world than in the US. The problem here is cost, not care. So if someone wants to claim that a backward-ass thugocracy like Iran has better medical results in any area than we have here in the US, the burden should be upon them to prove it and demonstrate how they pull it off.
So ... question.

If a Russian/Italian/Floridian/etc. came onto this board and said, "Russia/Italy/Florida/etc. has the best education in the world! If someone wants to claim that it isn't, the burden should be upon them to prove it and demonstrate how they pulled it off!"

What would you think of that person?

Last edited:
So ... question.

If a Russian/Italian/Floridian/etc. came onto this board and said, "Russia/Italy/Florida/etc. has the best education in the world! If someone wants to claim that it isn't, the burden should be upon them to prove it and demonstrate how they pulled it off!"

What would you think of that person?
Dude, there is no question that the US has the worlds best medicine. Now, you would think if the Iranians were working miracles with cancer more people than me would want to know why. Yet no one but me is asking. That tells me the claim is crap.

I know! I mean...all those U.S. citizens you see fleeing south across the boarder to Mexico or immigrating to Saudi Arabia and China! Such wonderlands.

Of course. These countries just have different financial priorities than the US.
For example, the US' defense spending is nearly $600 billion versus China being the 2nd runner up with $150 billion.
That's several hundred billion we've decided is a higher priority.

Likewise the US' already probably bears a significant portion of total healthcare costs via Medicare & Medicaid.
The elderly and low income are the biggest users of healthcare. That's exactly the populations that are covered by those two programs.

So if we were ever to covert to a single-payer system of healthcare, our taxes would being go up significantly less than what they'd would have gone up in the theoretical world where we had not implemented health insurance via Medicare/Medicaid already.
Yes, exactly.

Over 40% of Americans currently enjoy single-payer healthcare, and it's working-out pretty well for them.

I see no reason for this benefit to be rationed unequally for some, but denied to others. Either give a right or benefit equally to all, or not at all.

A MedicAid or MediCare expansion is relatively easily doable. There is/was no need for the monstrous albatross that is ObamaCare! :doh

Dude, there is no question that the US has the worlds best medicine. Now, you would think if the Iranians were working miracles with cancer more people than me would want to know why. Yet no one but me is asking. That tells me the claim is crap.
The why is more than half of the country voting for Donald Trump and Bernie Sanders if we're #1?

Nothing is free.

Someone pays for it.

Stupid leftists.

The next time you contribute something worthwhile to this forum will be the first time.

Don't like it?

Tough sh*t.

Deal with it. :)

Back
Top Bottom