• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

48 Canadian churches burned or vandalized last month.

Fishking

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
This doesn't seem to be a story that has much traction, likely because the actors are white progressives. However, it seems that that particular violent demographic isn't relegated to the U.S. They are burning churches to the ground in Canada. It becomes even more sick when Canadian politicians act as apologists for these actions, trying to downplay the depravity.

"After the first arsons, Executive Director of the British Columbia Civil Liberties Association Harsha Walia tweeted "burn it all down." She was forced to resign last weekend. Justin Trudeau's former top advisor, Gerald Butts, defended Walia, tweeting that the burning of churches may not be "cool," but is certainly "understandable."

Yeah...it's totes not cool dudes...I understand but not cool bro. They can't even be bothered to be accurate with their "understandable anger".

"Some of the churches burned have been Coptic Orthodox buildings of Egyptian Christians who fled persecution in the 1960s and had no connection to the schools."

or

"There have been many funerals and weddings at that church. The church was around 100 years old," said Native American community member Rose Holmes of St. Anne's Catholic Church in Hedley. "So many memories from that church and [it] was taken away by vandalism. I am Indigenous, and this upsets me, because it does hurt our elders seeing these historic buildings being taken away. This isn't justice for what's happened to our people. This is stupidity by some individuals!"

or

"A church owned by Polish immigrants who came here to escape the wrath of fascism and communism in Europe has been burned to the ground. This should not be our Canada - but it has unfortunately become so under the watch of our current Federal Government."

This is terrible news and I had no idea before this thread.

How could you? You can't hear any news other than what the corporate media elites allow you to and only from their perspective. This story doesn't get them any money or power, so it is not newsworthy.

This doesn't seem to be a story that has much traction, likely because the actors are white progressives. However, it seems that that particular violent demographic isn't relegated to the U.S. They are burning churches to the ground in Canada. It becomes even more sick when Canadian politicians act as apologists for these actions, trying to downplay the depravity.

"After the first arsons, Executive Director of the British Columbia Civil Liberties Association Harsha Walia tweeted "burn it all down." She was forced to resign last weekend. Justin Trudeau's former top advisor, Gerald Butts, defended Walia, tweeting that the burning of churches may not be "cool," but is certainly "understandable."

Yeah...it's totes not cool dudes...I understand but not cool bro. They can't even be bothered to be accurate with their "understandable anger".

"Some of the churches burned have been Coptic Orthodox buildings of Egyptian Christians who fled persecution in the 1960s and had no connection to the schools."

or

"There have been many funerals and weddings at that church. The church was around 100 years old," said Native American community member Rose Holmes of St. Anne's Catholic Church in Hedley. "So many memories from that church and [it] was taken away by vandalism. I am Indigenous, and this upsets me, because it does hurt our elders seeing these historic buildings being taken away. This isn't justice for what's happened to our people. This is stupidity by some individuals!"

or

"A church owned by Polish immigrants who came here to escape the wrath of fascism and communism in Europe has been burned to the ground. This should not be our Canada - but it has unfortunately become so under the watch of our current Federal Government."

It takes a certain kind of depraved mind to burn places of worship.

"After the first arsons, Executive Director of the British Columbia Civil Liberties Association Harsha Walia tweeted "burn it all down."
Being that it's rare to find Christian churches actually preaching true Christianity these days, I'd say burn it all down and start over, teaching the Word of God as it was intended to be preached.

Being that it's rare to find Christian churches actually preaching true Christianity these days, I'd say burn it all down and start over, teaching the Word of God as it was intended to be preached.
And you think part of the "intended" message involves burning places of worship down?

You trying to convert via message and example or by the sword?

Same until I found this in my feed. Sad when I only see it from a news site that was spun off of a satire news site.

Imagine if it was conservative Christians doing this. It would be international news and we'd hear about it, even if it was happening on an island nation on the other side of the world.

Instead, with this instance, it's "not cool".

So sad.

No arrests? Where are your security cameras, Canadians?

Disgusting. I hope Canadian authorities catch the bastards and nail them to the wall. Figuratively.

But they won’t, because Canada is wholly controlled by the left and the left doesn’t support jailing their political allies. The left operates on “no enemies to the left” as a principle. Another poster here actually endorsed assaulting Ben Shapiro for political reasons.

They won’t do anything, of course if you tour the capital through a door held open by a police officer and don’t do any violence the left will call for your execution

What's the beef with churches in Canada all of a sudden?

Am I missing something?

Is there a specific group of people doing these acts?

So sad.

No arrests? Where are your security cameras, Canadians?
Not like it would matter if they were arrested. Kamala Harris would help them raise bail money and they would be given sweetheart plea deals for minor charges and released, churches are not valued by modern secular authority. You have to burn an abortion clinic to get real serious time.

Am I missing something?

There’s likely to be a called election for parliament soon so the left immediately went to old church graveyards near former Indian schools and used radar, then claimed there were improbably high numbers of bodies while insinuating that thousands of kids were murdered by evil Catholic teachers at former Indian schools.

It’s the same as the Floyd riots last summer, when elections approach the left needs to use lies to rile up their base and create outrages.

Do we have any idea who the perp is or what their motive might be? This is very odd.

There’s likely to be a called election for parliament soon so the left immediately went to old church graveyards near former Indian schools and used radar, then claimed there were improbably high numbers of bodies while insinuating that thousands of kids were murdered by evil Catholic teachers at former Indian schools.

It’s the same as the Floyd riots last summer, when elections approach the left needs to use lies to rile up their base and create outrages.
In Kamloops they found hundreds of children's remains buried in unmarked graves. Not estimates. Actual bodies. But come, tell us how it was all justified for the sake of "culturally uplifting" those native children. Uplifting them right into the grave.

In Kamloops they found hundreds of children's remains buried in unmarked graves. Not estimates. Actual bodies. But come, tell us how it was all justified for the sake of "culturally uplifting" those native children. Uplifting them right into the grave.

No, they did not.

They used radar, which is proven to not be accurate and not able to tell how many bodies with precision and didn’t exhume anyone.

In any event these were not “unmarked graves” there was cemetery there that buried unclaimed remains and also remains from people in the area who didn’t attend the school.

Justification is not an issue, the school didn’t kill all these people, they died from diseases and Normal child mortality and from any number of causes for those not attending the school.

But you on the other hand seen to be justifying terrorism

No, they did not.

They used radar, which is proven to not be accurate and not able to tell how many bodies with precision and didn’t exhume anyone.

In any event these were not “unmarked graves” there was cemetery there that buried unclaimed remains and also remains from people in the area who didn’t attend the school.

Justification is not an issue, the school didn’t kill all these people, they died from diseases and Normal child mortality and from any number of causes for those not attending the school.

But you on the other hand seen to be justifying terrorism
I'm sure the abuse and malnutrition didn't help. The church abducted these children from their families, so whatever happens afterward is their fault.

I'm sure the abuse and malnutrition didn't help. The church abducted these children from their families, so whatever happens afterward is their fault.
No, the Parliament passed a law requiring certain Indian used to be enrolled in school And the parents chose these particular schools out of a list of approved schools. They were not abducted. It is no different than the school system in Germany, where German parents cannot opt out of enrolling their kid into an approved school.

No, the Parliament passed a law requiring certain Indian used to be enrolled in school And the parents chose these particular schools out of a list of approved schools. They were not abducted. It is no different than the school system in Germany, where German parents cannot opt out of enrolling their kid into an approved school.
And if the parents didn't want to send their kids away, they were abducted, taken by force to the school, where they were beaten and underfed. And if they died, they were not returned to their families.

You know, just like in Germany.

Am I missing something?

The suspicion is that the vandalization and arson of these churches is linked to the recent discovery of thousands of graves of children which have been found at the site of Catholic residential schools. The majority, which are on First Nations reserves, have been vandalized but there have also been 8 or 10 fires set. The RCMP is very actively pursuing their investigation and these acts have been condemned in the most serious language by Frist Nations leaders, Trudeau and Provincial leaders.

Whoever is doing this, I suspect it's more than one person, will be caught and dealt with to the fullest extent of the law. This is outrageous and does nothing to help the situation that is so front and center with Canadians right now..... the detainment and in some cases brutalization of those children by Catholic institutions. That is where the focus should be. I hope they throw the book at them.

or

or

I meant to bring this up a couple of weeks ago to see what @SNOWFLAKE 'S excuse would be.

What is going on in Canada?!

What is going on in Canada?!
See post 21. It appears to be vandals and arsonists seeking their sick retribution against the Catholic Church. They need to be caught and punished to the full extent of the law.

These churches didn't have anything to do with that, which was one of the points made in the OP. Also, this was all condoned by the Canadian government so are you saying that people could burn down all of Canada's official government buildings because "whatever happens afterwards is their fault"?

Further, it's not even native Canadians doing it. It's white people.

Back
Top Bottom