• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

47 Despicable Senate Republicans Vote to Deny Aid to Flint’s Lead Poisoned...[W46]

Re: 47 Despicable Senate Republicans Vote to Deny Aid to Flint’s Lead Poisoned Childr

READ THE LINKED ARTICLE - it's in the first frigging paragraph.

Was it a request for federal funding to remove and replace rhe lead pipes and abate any other contamination problems.............or was it the money the governor requested and then used as a "study" of the problem?

Re: 47 Despicable Senate Republicans Vote to Deny Aid to Flint’s Lead Poisoned Childr

Was it a request for federal funding to remove and replace rhe lead pipes and abate any other contamination problems.............or was it the money the governor requested and then used as a "study" of the problem?

I don't know. Why don't you call the reporter.

READ THE LINKED ARTICLE - it's in the first frigging paragraph. It's also exactly what I described earlier in this thread.

Maybe it might be better to return to the subject suggested for consideration.............The Senate vote ............rather than going far afield

I don't know. Why don't you call the reporter.

.............because it was not my question the post was referring to........bur it might be good advise for th questioner to consider.............but this has gone off subject..........so shall we return?

You asked the question in post 26. I did nothing more than what you constantly do, deflect questioning of your understanding of the subject matter with deflection they look at the sources more carefully.

Ignoring the fact your sources are propaganda horse manure.

Michigan created this problem. Michigan needs to pay for fixing it.

You asked the question in post 26. I did nothing more than what you constantly do, deflect questioning of your understanding of the subject matter with deflection they look at the sources more carefully.

Ignoring the fact your sources are propaganda horse manure.

Thank you for sharing your opinion

Michigan created this problem. Michigan needs to pay for fixing it.

To the point..............well said...........and I concur

To the point..............well said...........and I concur

Logically false, or you would not have posted an article presenting false propaganda that the Federal government was not sending Federal funds based upon an amendment vote that didn't address the Flint issue.

More simply: you support that view unless you can blame republicans.

Maybe it might be better to return to the subject suggested for consideration.............The Senate vote ............rather than going far afield

Every post I have made in this thread and been directly related to the OP, as I described in my original post in this thread and have expanded on since then.

Every post I have made in this thread and been directly related to the OP, as I described in my original post in this thread and have expanded on since then.

........and the subject remains "Senate vote"............if you want to discuss other aspects of the issue you are free to begin your own subject string

47 Despicable Senate Republicans Vote To Deny Aid To Flint's Lead Poisoned Children
47 Despicable Senate Republicans Vote to Deny Aid to Flint’s Lead Poisoned Children

Senate Republicans forced a vote on an amendment today that would have denied federal aid to the poisoned children of Flint, Michigan. What is even more deplorable is that 47 Senate Republicans voted not help lead poisoned children….

“Senate Republicans forced a vote on an amendment today that would have denied federal aid to the poisoned children of Flint, Michigan. What is even more deplorable is that 47 Senate Republicans voted not help lead poisoned children………..

…………..The Coates Amendment to the Energy and Water Agencies Appropriations Act failed by a vote of 48-49. All Senate Democrats, with the exception of Sen. Claire McCaskill (MO) voted against the amendment. Five Republicans Sens. Lisa Murkowski (AK), Bill Cassidy (LA), Rob Portman (OH), Lamar Alexander (TN) and Dean Heller (NV) joined with Democrats in voting against the amendment, but 47 Senate Republicans voted not to provide federal aid for children that were poisoned by the decisions of Michigan’s Republican governor…………

The 47 Senate Republicans who voted for this amendment displayed a basic contempt for the American people that is proof of why Republicans should be voted out of the majority in November. It doesn’t get any lower than voting against helping poisoned children.

Democrats should keep the actions of Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) and the 46 Republicans who voted for this amendment in mind the next time one of these Republicans demands federal aid after a flood, fire, or hurricane. ………

Senate Republicans have prioritized the Koch’s over kids, which is why they should not be trusted with power in the United States Senate.”

And voted down because it makes Obama look bad...........outrageous and sinful IMHO

I suspect that they voted against it because they think its a boondoggle that won't actually help these children. That's true of about 99% of liberal proposals - that they are money thrown down a rat hole to make liberals feel better about themselves.

........and the subject remains "Senate vote"............if you want to discuss other aspects of the issue you are free to begin your own subject string

Well, given that you haven't provided any evidence that the story in your OP is even accurate, and everything I've posted is backed up by proof as well as dead on target about the reasons behind the story you posted without corroborating evidence, then I'll choose to stay here and discuss this topic.

I suspect that they voted against it because they think its a boondoggle that won't actually help these children. That's true of about 99% of liberal proposals - that they are money thrown down a rat hole to make liberals feel better about themselves.

And then............ what does the decision you seem to agree with.............. says about you?

Well, given that you haven't provided any evidence that the story in your OP is even accurate, and everything I've posted is backed up by proof as well as dead on target about the reasons behind the story you posted without corroborating evidence, then I'll choose to stay here and discuss this topic.

I am just the messenger...........But t6hank you for your efforts............

in the attempts to clear up some of the questions you found difficult to understand

You may be confused......I presented a news report written by someone else............Did I make any claims of addition facts not in record..........I don't believe so......

But if you rec all attempt to change the subject is a violation of the rules...........

So all 50 states in the US should operate completely independently and should never get help in emergencies?

Until you get consent from 3/4 of the states, yeah.

It's pretty tough to form an opinion an a piece of legislation unless we actually see the piece of legislation.

anyone know what mystery amendment this is?... or are we supposed to guess?

I posted it. It has nothing to do with Flint.

Anyone else notice that the OP article is complaining about an amendment that originates spending, in the Senate, when the House is the only chamber that can originate a bill that raises or spends money. The Senate can propose Amendments, but not original Legislation. The "amendment" in the OP had nothing to do with the attached bill, making the "amendment" a standalone bill within the parent bill meaning that the origination must occur in the House, not the Senate.

So procedurally, I'm not even sure if this could have occurred this way in the first place. It looks to me to be nothing but a strawman from the DSCC for use in their political attacks against certain Republican Senators running for re-election this year. In other words, just political BS, again.

Only taxes have to originate in the House. Spending can start anywhere.

Let go over the facts again

April 21 - US Senate

-they are debating HR 2028, which is the typical bill to fund Energy and Water related agencies
-they consider amendment 3811 which prohibits funds from being used to regulate remote or intermittent waters, like the puddle in your driveway
-republicans vote for, democrats against, it requires 60 votes, and fails

Thats it. Nothing to do with Flint.

Moderator's Warning:
Do not attempt to play Moderator. Doing so can be considered as baiting/trolling. If you think a post violates the rules then report it. Don't try and enforce it yourself.
You may be confused......I presented a news report written by someone else............Did I make any claims of addition facts not in record..........I don't believe so......

But if you rec all attempt to change the subject is a violation of the rules...........

Until you get consent from 3/4 of the states, yeah.

So Louisiana should have been left to help itself after Hurricane Katrina with no help from anyone else until a full consensus of all states could be formed? Can you explain the logic behind your assertion and why?

So Louisiana should have been left to help itself after Hurricane Katrina with no help from anyone else until a full consensus of all states could be formed? Can you explain the logic behind your assertion and why?

The levies were federal projects. Those should have been replaced by the federal government. The same with federal buildings, and interstate highways. The purpose of FEMA is to handle things that are an emergency right now. Not to fix bad decisions of the states.

The city of Flint changed its water source from the Detroit Water & Sewage Department, which got its water from Lake Huron and the Detroit River to the Flint River. They did this to save money.

FEMA has already stepped in with initial clean up help. The state of Michigan has already spent $28 million on this and budgeted $30 million more. However, that $30 million is budgeted to give water bill credits to the residents and businesses.

What is the purpose of federal money needing to be spent in Flint? I don't know if you know this or not but we are $18 Trillion plus in debt. Why should the federal tax dollars be spent giving Flint a brand new treatment plant or all new pipes, or whatever? This is their problem. They caused it trying to save a buck.

Also of note, there is no fence around Flint. U-Haul rents trucks seven days a week. People can move out of Flint.

So all 50 states in the US should operate completely independently and should never get help in emergencies?

That sure makes sense to me. In fact the largest impediment to maintaining states rights is the federal government's practice of sending money to state and local governments. The practice should be illegal. The federal government should use its money to deal with federal needs.

The levies were federal projects. Those should have been replaced by the federal government. The same with federal buildings, and interstate highways. The purpose of FEMA is to handle things that are an emergency right now. Not to fix bad decisions of the states.

The city of Flint changed its water source from the Detroit Water & Sewage Department, which got its water from Lake Huron and the Detroit River to the Flint River. They did this to save money.

FEMA has already stepped in with initial clean up help. The state of Michigan has already spent $28 million on this and budgeted $30 million more. However, that $30 million is budgeted to give water bill credits to the residents and businesses.

What is the purpose of federal money needing to be spent in Flint? I don't know if you know this or not but we are $18 Trillion plus in debt. Why should the federal tax dollars be spent giving Flint a brand new treatment plant or all new pipes, or whatever? This is their problem. They caused it trying to save a buck.

Also of note, there is no fence around Flint. U-Haul rents trucks seven days a week. People can move out of Flint.

Jesus Christ.... "We're in debt, so **** all of the poisoned children and Michigan residents who have no safe drinking source. They should fix their own problems, damn takers"

I'm not even going to attempt to argue with something so atrocious.

That sure makes sense to me. In fact the largest impediment to maintaining states rights is the federal government's practice of sending money to state and local governments. The practice should be illegal. The federal government should use its money to deal with federal needs.

You sound like the kind of person who wouldn't pull someone up dangling from a cliff because they got themselves into the situation and should find their own way out.

Not really much of a point in having an America at all if we'll never and under no circumstance help each other, even in emergencies like this one. If we have 50 completely autonomous states what's the point? If you had no non-poisoned drinking source would you still hold the same opinion?

Back
Top Bottom