• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

45 second video: Chinese truck driver's death illustrates the need for safety standards!

ModerationNow!

I identify as "non-Bidenary".
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Here's a video of a seemingly overloaded truck, carrying a stack of long, heavy concrete cylinders, without any noticeable supports or restraints to hold them in place. A car stops short at a traffic light, forcing the truck driver to hit his brakes, which causes the concrete cylinders to slide forward, through the cab, instantly crushing the driver to death. Obviously there's a need for common sense safety standards to protect people. But even without those standards, this should've been secured safely.

Ok, but why the video?

Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm guessing that watching people getting crushed to death is not exactly a national pastime.

Here's a video of a seemingly overloaded truck, carrying a stack of long, heavy concrete cylinders, without any noticeable supports or restraints to hold them in place. A car stops short at a traffic light, forcing the truck driver to hit his brakes, which causes the concrete cylinders to slide forward, through the cab, instantly crushing the driver to death. Obviously there's a need for common sense safety standards to protect people. But even without those standards, this should've been secured safely.

In many nations it is not lack of safety standards but rather lack of enforcement, some nation lack funds to enfrorce standards, others deal with inspectors who will pass anything with a bribe, and will send workers out with dangerous equipment and bribe inspectors to look the other way. China likely falls under the latter.

Now do the economy...ours.

Now do it what?

We have unmarked CHP vehicles in California constantly monitoring the freeways looking for things like this.

I didnt understand the economy reference either. Our economy is actually doing pretty well.

Ok, but why the video?

Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm guessing that watching people getting crushed to death is not exactly a national pastime.

You can't see the driver being crushed in this video. I wouldn't have posted it if it showed the driver literally being crushed. The reason I posted it, is because it very clearly illustrates the problem of poor safety standards and regulations, without the actual horror of a person's body being mangled.

What exactly is America supposed to do about the lousy safety laws in China? Not really understanding the reasoning behind this thread.

Back
Top Bottom