• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

$421 Million in Debt: Trump Calls It ‘a Peanut,’ but Challenges Lie Ahead

can anyone imagine WWII vets coming home and voting for a man who is massively in debt to unknown foreigners?

that's the best you could come up with?
it's definitely the funniest part of the Trump era. a NYC con man supported by Southern males.

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

So let me see if I have this correct, you support

Abortion
Someone else paying for your healthcare
the U.S. as a world's policemen
Appeasement for our allies and enemies
U.S. funding NATO
Green Energy like Solyndra
Open Borders
Higher taxes but only on the rich
Wealth redistribution
Illegal immigration and sanctuary cities
Defunding police
BLM a racist organization?
The public sector vs. the Private sector

Want me to go on?? How about an answer?

Hyperbolized right wing talking points, they don't work on me.

$421 Million in Debt: Trump Calls It ‘a Peanut,’ but Challenges Lie Ahead

Canada_Trump_Hotel_78189.jpg

Trump's largest creditor, Deutsche Bank, has been investigated for money laundering and in 2017 paid a $7.2 billion fine for the sale of toxic mortgage securities in the run-up to the 2008 financial crisis.

It is highly dangerous when the president of a nation owes $421 million to creditors. In addition, Trump owes another $447 million to unknown entities.....

If Trump is truly a billionaire then his indebtedness is not a large portion of his worth and nothing unusual for a real estate developer. Mortgaging property for cash or collateral for financing projects is not unusual. It sounds a lot to working class people who don't work with that amount of financing and the democrats realize that and use it for political gain. As for the amount that Trump is rumored to owe, well that's not clear because while the press claim these are his numbers on his returns, nobody has actually seen the documents they claim to have.

If Trump is truly a billionaire then his indebtedness is not a large portion of his worth and nothing unusual for a real estate developer. Mortgaging property for cash or collateral for financing projects is not unusual. It sounds a lot to working class people who don't work with that amount of financing and the democrats realize that and use it for political gain. As for the amount that Trump is rumored to owe, well that's not clear because while the press claim these are his numbers on his returns, nobody has actually seen the documents they claim to have.

Subtract his debt and he's not a billionaire.

It's $0.000447 Trillion vs the $2.4 Trillion that Nancy Pelosi wants for the bailout package. On that scale it isn't even a peanut.
My grandmother used to say, it is better to keep quiet and have people suppose you are a fool, then comment and put to rest all doubt.

You are comparing Trump's personal debt to that of the federal bailout package. It should be obvious to most, but I'll spell it out for you, the federal government isn't liable for Trump's personal debt. Actually, it's idiotic to compare the two, since they have no relationship to each other.

Trump is liable to repay $421 million to unknown creditors, who many suspect are Russians alined with Putin, and who want favors. If you think that's ok, you aren't the patriot your side pretends that they are.

Subtract his debt and he's not a billionaire.
Or, he's not a billionaire at all. That would explain him going to Herculean lengths to keep his financial records secret.

Treasury link my ass. I provided the pertinent links in the OP.
ROFLMAO, that is what is wrong with you and the left, Treasury is the bank account of the United States, not your supposed links of opinions. Is your bank statement fiction?

Right, certainly no issues of interest to the American people, Trump's finances are, ROLFMAO
The things you list, at least the realistic versions, will not change with presidents. What will change with presidents is our standing in the world.

The things you list, at least the realistic versions, will not change with presidents. What will change with presidents is our standing in the world.

That because people like you buy what the left tells you and ignores the focus of the President, why don't you tell us what Biden is going to do to make your life and our country better? What really is important to you what Trump says or the policies he has implemented

That because people like you buy what the left tells you and ignores the focus of the President, why don't you tell us what Biden is going to do to make your life and our country better? What really is important to you what Trump says or the policies he has implemented
I'm tired of the division Trump sows in his own country on a daily basis. I'm tired of the United States becoming more and more isolated from the rest of the world with the exception of dictatorships. I'm tired of a president who needs to constantly stir news in his direction. It's time for a president who is boring again, not a reality TV show host who wants the government to be just another reality TV show.

I'm tired of the division Trump sows in his own country on a daily basis. I'm tired of the United States becoming more and more isolated from the rest of the world with the exception of dictatorships. I'm tired of a president who needs to constantly stir news in his direction. It's time for a president who is boring again, not a reality TV show host who wants the government to be just another reality TV show.

The division from Trump? Your party has been trying to get rid of him since election day 2016 and you are talking about his division? what a bunch of bullshit. You cannot tell us what Trump has done that has actually hurt you, your family, or the country? You show that hatred sells, not policies or results

Why in the hell do you care if this country is isolated from the world, what does the world off that you or this country needs? You don't really give a shit if our enemies and allies use us for their own gains, do you?

It is quite telling how you and the rest of the left have no idea what causes debt as you have no understanding of the line items in the budget that has created the deficits thus the debt. I have a suggestion for you radical liberals who are so anti Trump that it is unhealthy.

This is about his personal debt. Or are they the same thing to you?

Why in the hell do you care if this country is isolated from the world, what does the world off that you or this country needs?

This was straight from crazytown.

The division from Trump? Your party has been trying to get rid of him since election day 2016 and you are talking about his division? what a bunch of bullshit. You cannot tell us what Trump has done that has actually hurt you, your family, or the country? You show that hatred sells, not policies or results

Why in the hell do you care if this country is isolated from the world, what does the world off that you or this country needs? You don't really give a shit if our enemies and allies use us for their own gains, do you?

The majority of goods that consumers purchase come from other countries. Turn that off, and the economy would come to a standstill. You appear to be very ignorant of reality.

Sorry to break it to you, but we are in a global economy, and that is not going to ever change. That horse left the barn decades ago.

ROFLMAO, that is what is wrong with you and the left, Treasury is the bank account of the United States, not your supposed links of opinions. Is your bank statement fiction?

No one can trip all over themselves as well as you do.

It is quite telling how you and the rest of the left have no idea what causes debt as you have no understanding of the line items in the budget that has created the deficits thus the debt. I have a suggestion for you radical liberals who are so anti Trump that it is unhealthy.

What causes debt? Borrowing what you can't repay, that's what. Ask Trump, he knows.

So let me see if I have this correct, you support

Abortion
Someone else paying for your healthcare
the U.S. as a world's policemen
Appeasement for our allies and enemies
U.S. funding NATO
Green Energy like Solyndra
Open Borders
Higher taxes but only on the rich
Wealth redistribution
Illegal immigration and sanctuary cities
Defunding police
BLM a racist organization?
The public sector vs. the Private sector

Want me to go on?? How about an answer?
How about you stick to the subject of the thread? This is about Trump's personal debt, not the irrelevant red-herrings you would prefer to divert the discussion to.

The majority of goods that consumers purchase come from other countries. Turn that off, and the economy would come to a standstill. You appear to be very ignorant of reality.

Sorry to break it to you, but we are in a global economy, and that is not going to ever change. That horse left the barn decades ago.

I am ignorant of reality? Every post of yours is DNC propaganda not supported by data or facts. I know that China appreciates your support but not American small businesses. China and its 1.4 billion people has the economic power to control the global economy and manipulated currency ands stole intellectual property, Trump exposed them for who they are and still you support their efforts. That is what is wrong with liberalism, no credibility

How about you stick to the subject of the thread? This is about Trump's personal debt, not the irrelevant red-herrings you would prefer to divert the discussion to.

Why don't you offer a valid reason to vote for Biden, I have given you mine to vote for Trump, this thread is nothing more than liberal propaganda like all threads never discussing actual issues but rather issues that have no impact on the American people. You tell me how this thread impacts anyone in this country? What you show is how poorly educated you are on issues involving personal finance in this country

What causes debt? Borrowing what you can't repay, that's what. Ask Trump, he knows.

Yes, Democrats know, how is Biden going to fund his economic policies and programs? Where do the states get their money when more of it goes to the federal gov't out of the pockets of citizens?

Trump himself as acknowledged that he owes the money and basically says it means nothing. If he were truly honest he would just put out a list of who he owes all that money to and settle the matter, you know that would never happen because even Republicans would be shocked by that information.

Yes, Democrats know, how is Biden going to fund his economic policies and programs? Where do the states get their money when more of it goes to the federal gov't out of the pockets of citizens?
Like I sad; stick to the subject. This is not about Democrats or the fed. It's about Trump's PERSONAL DEBT. Got it now?

Back
Top Bottom