• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

$42 For Pecan Pie?

My wife was on my case to drive the east side of Detroit (we live in the far west side suburbs) and go to a place called SISTER PIES which supposedly has the best pies in Michigan. So we did and bought a $29 pie that was a combination of chocolate and crushed nuts and pecan paste. It was good - but for $29 bucks I beter get dinner with my pie.

$42 seems like you should get at least two of them - even the really good gourmet kind.

Was the pie you bought good, good enough to at least be in the running for "best pecan pie sold in Michigan?"

Was the pie you bought good, good enough to at least be in the running for "best pecan pie sold in Michigan?"

Fair question and I cannot answer that without testing out other potential contenders. But it was good - just not worth $29 a pie.

Red: No.

Blue:
I don't really know. I live in D.C. feel free to call Dean and Deluca or Whole Foods and ask. Alternatively, you can Google for prices, or even pre-made pecan pies.

Dean and Deluca sell pecan pies for $70.

850671.jpg

"We've had a lot of pecan pie, yet Southern Baked Pie Co.'s version, made from a recipe passed down through the generations, tops our list. It's chock full of roasted Georgia pecans, mixed with rich caramel and baked until golden in an all-butter crust."​

I must admit that pie looks damn good.

Last night we went out and I had a filet mignon with a portabello mushroom cap on top with a great space for $32 dollars. And it was a whole lot better than a pie.

I must admit that pie looks damn good.

Last night we went out and I had a filet mignon with a portabello mushroom cap on top with a great space for $32 dollars. And it was a whole lot better than a pie.

Red:
I'll take your word for that. For my own part, though on a quality of preparation continuum, I can distinguish between an entree item and a dessert one, there's no manner or occasion in which, saporifically speaking, I'd deign to rate the betterness-worseness of properly prepared entrees and desserts.

Red:
I'll take your word for that. For my own part, though on a quality of preparation continuum, I can distinguish between an entree item and a dessert one, there's no manner or occasion in which, saporifically speaking, I'd deign to rate the betterness-worseness of properly prepared entrees and desserts.

You bring up an excellent point. I agree.

Back
Top Bottom