• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

401 kilos of cocaine found on Cuban ship

Sandokan

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
401 kilos of cocaine found on Cuban ship; Diaz-Balart: Castro regime 'caught red-handed'
http://a57.foxnews.com/global.fncstatic.com/static/managed/img/fn-latino/news/660/371/Drugs%20Cuba.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

Panamanian authorities seized 401 kilos, about 882 pounds, of cocaine on a ship headed to Belgium from Cuba on Thursday.

The cocaine was found camouflaged among tanks of cane-sugar syrup, according to the country's National Police (PN), part of operation Caña Brava. The PN did not elaborate further on the raid. Despite the lack of details available, U.S. Rep. Mario Diaz-Balart (R-Florida) fired off a press release blaming the Cuban government and the Castro regime for trafficking cocaine.
Click link above for full article.
The top Latin American newspapers are reporting the massive shipment of cocaine from Cuba to Belgium. According to the Spanish newspaper La Vanguardia the drugs were seized in the Panamanian city of Colon, a sea port near the Panama Canal Panama. The cocaine was found in a container camouflaged by molasses tanks (thick, dark brown syrup obtained from raw sugar during the refining process) in a Cuban ship headed for Belgium. The port facilities in Cuba are under the control of the Castroit regime military, which is the only one that has access to the ports.

I am sorry the shipment got nabbed.

I am 100% for the legalization of all recreational drugs (with the possible exception of heroin because it is physically VERY addictive...not sure) as I think it is none of the state's business what sane, consenting adults put into their bodies.

None of their business AT ALL.

Anyone who thinks humanity is better off from the 'War on Drugs' simply does not know what they are talking about, imo.

It has hugely strengthened organized crime, caused far more violence/deaths then would have happened otherwise, filled the jails with many people who should not be in jail and forced real addicts underground where they must commit illegal acts to afford the staggeringly high drug prices and makes it much harder for them to seek the help they need (due to legal ramifications).

NOTHING good has come from the 'War on Drugs', imo.

Last edited:

I am 100% for the legalization of all recreational drugs (with the possible exception of heroin because it is physically VERY addictive...not sure) as I think it is none of the state's business what sane, consenting adults put into their bodies.

Anyone who thinks humanity is better off from the 'War on Drugs' simply does not know what they are talking about, imo.

It has hugely strengthened organized crime, caused far more violence/deaths then would have happened otherwise, filled the jails with people who should not be in jail and forced real addicts underground where they must commit illegal acts to afford the staggeringly high drug prices and makes it much harder for them to seek the help they need (due to legal ramifications).

Tax the stuff instead.

I bet it was the Montana Realty Company thats behind it...

And who says the Cubans can't do free-market supply & demand principles?

It looks like they're catching-on fast!

And who says the Cubans can't do free-market supply & demand principles?

It looks like they're catching-on fast!

They've known about the supply and demand since the 80's, brochacho.

e97pap2.jpg

Cuba has no coca fields. Cuba is a trading partner with other Latin American countries. This shipment was most likely offloaded in Cuba and distributed elsewhere to LA.

Obama recently took Cuba off the State Sponsor of Terror list and now this cocaine shipment has been caught going to Belgium. The multi-billion dollar cocaine business that used to be run out of various Colombian cartels has shifted over to Venezuela and Cuba.

The discovery of cocaine in a Cuban ship in its way to Belgium received little media coverage in the United States The Obama administration is not likely to make an issue of it.

In 2013 Panama authorities discovered a large shipment of war materiel on its way from Cuba to North Korea, but the Obama administration allowed the Castroit regime to get away with it. On February 28, 2015, the Chinese ship Da Dan Xia was intercepted in the Port of Cartagena carrying arms shipments disguise as “grain produce.” This was the second illicit weapons shipment intercepted in which the Castroit regime was directly involved. The response of the Obama administration was to remove the Castroit regime off the list of state sponsors of terrorism.

It has hugely strengthened organized crime, caused far more violence/deaths then would have happened otherwise, filled the jails with many people who should not be in jail and forced real addicts underground where they must commit illegal acts to afford the staggeringly high drug prices and makes it much harder for them to seek the help they need (due to legal ramifications).

Never mind the massive heroin problem in New Hampshire or the meth problem throughout the Midwest or the pain-killer addictions that are sweeping the country.

Though I will agree, the stuff really thins the herd of competition for my kids. Problem is, these drug addicts can vote for free crap.

Cuba has ships?

I thought they were stuck back in the '50s for the embargo.

In 1993, U.S. federal prosecutors were prepared to indict Raul Castro as the head of a major cocaine smuggling conspiracy, which smuggled seven and a half tons of cocaine into the United States over a 10-year period, but the Clinton Administration Justice Department overruled them.
(Raul Castro: Cocaine Connection? - ABC News).

[FONT=&]The top Latin American newspapers are reporting the massive shipment of cocaine from Cuba to Belgium. [/FONT][FONT=&]According to the Spanish newspaper La Vanguardia t[/FONT][FONT=&]he drugs were seized in the Panamanian city of Colon, a sea port near the Panama Canal Panama. [/FONT][FONT=&]The cocaine was found in a container camouflaged by molasses tanks (thick, dark brown syrup obtained from raw sugar during the refining process) in a Cuban ship headed for Belgium. The port facilities in Cuba are under the control of the Castroit regime military, which is the only one that has access to the ports. [/FONT]

Huge bust.

Useless all the same.

On another note - Party in Panama this weekend!

Obama recently took Cuba off the State Sponsor of Terror list and now this cocaine shipment has been caught going to Belgium. The multi-billion dollar cocaine business that used to be run out of various Colombian cartels has shifted over to Venezuela and Cuba.

Hopefully we don't view drug trafficking as terrorism.

Back
Top Bottom