• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

400+ Protesters Arrested at DC Captitol

Getting arrested for protesting money in politics. Out "Democracy" is really showing its ass this year. :shock:

[video]http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-capitol-demonstration-idUSKCN0X82M1[/video]

Why can't we all just get along!? :confused::peace

Also funny how its not being carried by any of the major news networks. They'd rather talk about the same ol **** they have been talking about forever.

thank you for posting this.

Yes it is.

Over 30 headlines on "latest news" on fox news website, not one mention. Fox.jpg

CNN front page, no where. CNN.jpg

MSNBC front page, one mention. 9th of 10 stories. Probably be gone tomorrow. MSNBC.jpg

Seems to me the only way to find out about it is to actively look for it.

And all that does is piss people off and make them less likely to see things your way.

That's irrelevant to the right to protest. Are you saying that protestors should be arrested because they are pissing people off?

That's the whole point of protesting! You shake things up, aggravate people out of their complacency, make them aware of your cause. Most protests are angry!

If somebody's in an ambulance and dies because they can't make it to the hospital in time because your giant ass protest is blocking the road, that's on you.

Any evidence that this ever happened? Hypothetical scenarios don't really strengthen your argument.

i thank the capital grounds belong to the people,it you look at the two parties you are looking at washington dc,this is going to cost some one dearly .

run don run

why should any American have to ask to protest their government,i am sure you are right one must have a permit,so the government has control .
we the people are the government and washington dc and the two parties are going to find out the people have had enough.

run don run

That's irrelevant to the right to protest. Are you saying that protestors should be arrested because they are pissing people off?

That's the whole point of protesting! You shake things up, aggravate people out of their complacency, make them aware of your cause. Most protests are angry!

Any evidence that this ever happened? Hypothetical scenarios don't really strengthen your argument.

Exclusive: Man died after Berkeley protests delayed help | Berkeleyside

Crash victim’s ambulance diverted by highway protest | WPRI 12 Eyewitness News

Just two examples where protests either lead to tragedy or could have in this decade alone. If I went back in time I could find even more.

And yeah---most people aren't "shaken out of their complacency" by having to sit in the road for an hour or two waiting for protesters to get moved out of the way. They're thinking "****ing idiots are making me later for x"

Protestors have no inherent right to screw up everyone else's day just because their angry

Over 30 headlines on "latest news" on fox news website, not one mention. View attachment 67200135

CNN front page, no where. View attachment 67200136

MSNBC front page, one mention. 9th of 10 stories. Probably be gone tomorrow. View attachment 67200138

Seems to me the only way to find out about it is to actively look for it.

Fox News, today - from the Associated Press:

Hundreds flock to US Capitol to protest money in politics, hundreds arrested

From CNN today:

'Democracy Spring' protesters arrested at Capitol Hill sit-in - CNNPolitics.com

Cenk Uygur got arrested, too...

If we allowed anyone to protest and obstruct the Capitol it would impede all business there. You can demonstrate in front and around the Capitol in designated areas or with permits which aren't too difficult to obtain and people do it all the time. These people wanted to get arrested so they deliberately went where that was bound to happen.

Now that's funny...first that would be the goal of the protests. Second, the Congress itself is doing a pretty darn good job in obstructing almost all work on the Capitol.

Should they protest at home on twitter, or where the problem is?

Your extreme example does not support your point. They did protest where the problem is, and could have done it lawfully where the problem is (had they stepped back off the grounds).

Exclusive: Man died after Berkeley protests delayed help | Berkeleyside

Crash victim’s ambulance diverted by highway protest | WPRI 12 Eyewitness News

Just two examples where protests either lead to tragedy or could have in this decade alone. If I went back in time I could find even more.

And yeah---most people aren't "shaken out of their complacency" by having to sit in the road for an hour or two waiting for protesters to get moved out of the way. They're thinking "****ing idiots are making me later for x"

Protestors have no inherent right to screw up everyone else's day just because their angry

So, you think it's time to repeal the First Amendment in order to keep traffic flowing?

i laugh at this kind of thing, they are advocating democracy, a democratic form of government, yet complain big money is involved in or government :lol:

democratic forms of government are filled with factions/special interest groups who buy Washington politicians, thats what you get with democratic forms of government.

it is republican forms of government that hinders special interest groups, from buying politicians and prevent them controlling our government.

yet we still have people calling for more democracy....:doh

So, you think it's time to repeal the First Amendment in order to keep traffic flowing?

Of course not. But protestors have no inherent right to interfere in the lives of their fellow Americans.

Protest all you want---just don't screw with others

To all the people appealing to authority: THEY AGREED TO BE ARRESTED. IT WAS PART OF THE FRIGGEN PROTEST. I COMMEND THEM. THIS IS WHAT REAL AMERICA LOOKS LIKE!

i laugh at this kind of thing, they are advocating democracy, a democratic form of government, yet complain big money is involved in or government :lol:

democratic forms of government are filled with factions/special interest groups who buy Washington politicians, thats what you get with democratic forms of government.

it is republican forms of government that hinders special interest groups, from buying politicians and prevent them controlling our government.

yet we still have people calling for more democracy....:doh

Our founding fathers were aware that the majority rule can lead to tryanny and discriimination. And that is why we have a Republic.

"I'm sorry Dittohead... the paramedics aren't coming, their ambulance is stuck on 8th street which is swamped by protestors demanding that Congress change the season finale of WALKING DEAD... do you have any last words?"

Our founding fathers were aware that the majority rule can lead to tryanny and discriimination. And that is why we have a Republic.

the founders created a republic of "mixed government", to prevent special interest from making laws and controlling our government, it was a check and balance of the constitution.

that check and balance is gone, because of the 17th amendment

What exactly were the protesters hoping to accomplish anyway? Bringing attention to the fact that politics is driven by money? Do they have any actual plans on how we would end big money in politics? Cause the only thing these 400+ people did was give themselves a criminal record.

The idea that there was business to impede at the Capital is ludicrous.

What if the number of people are too big to fit in the designated area? Anyone that doesn't fit should go home and write a strongly worded Facebook post?

IIRC, you can call ahead and have them shut down roads if necessary. Do that.

I agree. They should have done their protesting out in the middle of the Arizona desert where they wouldn't be in anyone's way. It makes no sense to protest at the capitol.

Refer to the above response.

Nice try though.

the founders created a republic of "mixed government", to prevent special interest from making laws and controlling our government, it was a check and balance of the constitution.

that check and balance is gone, because of the 17th amendment

I agree that the check and balance is not what it was.. but why would you say because of the 17th amendment? senators being elected vs appointed by state legislatures... I'm not sure what your line of thinking is with that.

What exactly were the protesters hoping to accomplish anyway? Bringing attention to the fact that politics is driven by money? Do they have any actual plans on how we would end big money in politics? Cause the only thing these 400+ people did was give themselves a criminal record.

A criminal record for exercising their First Amendment rights? What is this, the old Soviet union?

That's a stupid and convenient rule, that's where the people being protested against are.

Fine. Change the law, don't break it.

if they wanted to protest "money in politics" shouldnt they have gone to the telemarketing offices across the street? where congress spends the majority of its time begging for money?

Back
Top Bottom