• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

40 maps that explain the world

Mainstream news to me has gotten pretty scummy, but I did come across this gem:

Take a look and you might find yourself surprised.

I like world maps. I have a feeling of where we all live.

Two issues with map 2 and onwards. The first one applies to most others from 2 and onwards, while the second applies to map 2 specifically.

a) It uses old political charts. Dardania is not in it (exceptions are maps 23, 30, & 35).
b) Hence we (if shown with actual borders today) we are more blue than that in map 2, more akin to our neighbor FYROM!

Same reason maps 12, 13, 37 should show us bluest! While map 33 (considering map 35) would be brown.

For that reason follows map 5. We are shallow Muslims here not Christian. We converted from Orthodox Christianity during the Ottoman Empire so as to gain greater differentiation from Slavs (they could not make a difference between us with same religion) and benefit from their tax cuts also.

Map 10: Comment:

No one loves Mongolians do they? Not even themselves!

Map 11: Comment:

Dream on! :lamo

Map 20: Comment:

Damn, Bosnians are really in trouble! :shock:

Map 24: Comment:

Interesting! But then that may explain map 29?

Map 28: Comment:

Such staggering child poverty rates USA? Why?

Map 30: Comment:

Ireland! Did not they demonstrated against EU?!

General comment: Maps 17 & 32 are the most diverse!

Good post :) . Thanks Obvious Child.

Mainstream news to me has gotten pretty scummy, but I did come across this gem:

Take a look and you might find yourself surprised.

Very awesome set of maps, thank you for sharing this!

The only one I found really whimsical was the Russian guy's theory about the US breaking into 4 countries, THEN becoming territories to other countries.

The US breaking up is feasible, but that the entire south will submit to the will of Mexico is the most absurd thing I've ever heard.

Very awesome set of maps, thank you for sharing this!

The only one I found really whimsical was the Russian guy's theory about the US breaking into 4 countries, THEN becoming territories to other countries.

The US breaking up is feasible, but that the entire south will submit to the will of Mexico is the most absurd thing I've ever heard.

"Panarin said the United States would break apart under internal strain and form four different countries, with only one wholly independent while the others fell under foreign influence or control"

I believe he was speaking of the Texas Republic. <):)

Map 28: Comment:

Such staggering child poverty rates USA? Why?

Because they aren't measuring "child poverty" as in "children living in poverty". They are measuring "child poverty" as in "children who live in houses that make less than the median income". The U.S. has high income earners, which drives our median upwards, resulting in more children - who actually live in better conditions than their international counterparts - nonetheless being considered "in poverty" by this particularly inaccurate global measure.

So basically, the Middle Eastern countries:

Hate gays
Hate Christians
Hate diversification
Hate tolerance
Hate Jews (except Israel)
Really hate the United States

Hey! Let's keep flooding monetary aid (that we don't have) to them!!

Nah, too cold. They get covered in snow.

Everything wants to kill you in Australia though.

Honestly though, if I had a job arranged in my field over there I would be on the next flight to Stockholm right now. I don't see that happening though.

At least I have Silicon Valley as a stronghold last glimmer of hope that there is some sensibility in the U.S :(

So basically, the Middle Eastern countries:

Hate gays
Hate Christians
Hate diversification
Hate tolerance
Hate Jews (except Israel)
Really hate the United States

Hey! Let's keep flooding monetary aid (that we don't have) to them!!

some of these maps must have been made by boozers

I can tell you that map 15 is wrong. Gay marriage is legal inthe Capital of Mexico and it is not marked.

Back
Top Bottom