• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

40 Days for Life: September 23-November 1

nota bene

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
The 40 Days for Life campaign will kick off on September 23rd. You can help save lives by joining a vigil in your community and/or by making a commitment to prayer and fasting. 40 Days for Life

The 40 Days for Life campaign will kick off on September 23rd. You can help save lives by joining a vigil in your community and/or by making a commitment to prayer and fasting. 40 Days for Life

OK, I'll buy into into praying for the salvation of 800,000 aborted fetuses per year if you will tell me about you program to take care of 800,000 unwanted children every year.

So .......... looking forward to reading about your plan.

OK, I'll buy into into praying for the salvation of 800,000 aborted fetuses per year if you will tell me about you program to take care of 800,000 unwanted children every year.

So .......... looking forward to reading about your plan.

**** ‘em, when they draw breath they are on their own!

Do you really believe that joining a vigil, or praying and fasting, will have any effect on abortion rights?

This will be the 16th year. Notice any change yet?

Do you really believe that joining a vigil, or praying and fasting, will have any effect on abortion rights?

Why don't you click on the 40 Days for Life link in the OP and see what has been accomplished?

Why don't you click on the 40 Days for Life link in the OP and see what has been accomplished?

I scrolled up and down three times and didn't see a single thing pertaining to accomplishments.

Thanks for posting!

I'll be there multiple days with multiple groups.

Take a look at the current Supreme Court situation, friend.

Thanks for posting!

I'll be there multiple days with multiple groups.

My hope is that this is the most successful 40 Days for Life yet, that all stay safe, and that the heart of every person who sees those who stand and pray is changed.

I didn’t know this existed. I will increase Planned Parenthood donations, and let my own network know we need to pump up the monies.

My hope is that this is the most successful 40 Days for Life yet, that all stay safe, and that the heart of every person who sees those who stand and pray is changed.
I too hope that the heart of every person who sees these protests is changed and they see the prayers and incantations for what they are: an attempt to subvert the Constitution, deny women the right to make private decisions about their personal lives, ban abortions and punish women.

I stood and prayed for 15 years, and none of these thoughts ever crossed my mind. Not ever. Believe as you please, but I'm here to say that I never did and have never known anybody else who ever did either.

I'll just continue to pray that hearts will change.

I’ve both given birth and had an abortion. I’m grateful I had quality medical access for both.

If you really want to decrease the numbers of abortions drastically. Figure out how to give those women who are too rich for Medicaid and too poor to afford insurance or self pay a way to afford long term contraceptive options.

As long as the vigils are respectful and do not interact with clients, I have no issue with the campaign. I just do not think it will be more than a game of whack a mole.

Women who choose abortion can hardly afford to be pregnant, let alone raise a child or another child.

I stood and prayed for 15 years, and none of these thoughts ever crossed my mind. Not ever. Believe as you please, but I'm here to say that I never did and have never known anybody else who ever did either.

So your prayers are not to subvert the Constitution, deny women the right to make private decisions about their personal lives, ban abortions and punish women. Good for your. Those are the goals of the leaders of your movement. You are doing their handiwork for them. Good little minions, all. The question remains then if you aren't minions why are you interfering in the lives of women and families who have already determined that an unwanted child will be disastrous for either the family, the mother or ultimately the child itself. You know nothing of their lives, their situations, their resources, their struggles, their financial status, their religious status, their emotional state, their health, their goals, their desires. You don't even know their names. What makes you think you know better than they about their unwanted pregnancy?

This is hubris. How can you not understand that?

I'll pass. I'll continue to hope for women not to be stuck with unwanted pregnancies instead.

So your prayers are not to subvert the Constitution, deny women the right to make private decisions about their personal lives, ban abortions and punish women. Good for your. Those are the goals of the leaders of your movement. You are doing their handiwork for them. Good little minions, all. The question remains then if you aren't minions why are you interfering in the lives of women and families who have already determined that an unwanted child will be disastrous for either the family, the mother or ultimately the child itself. You know nothing of their lives, their situations, their resources, their struggles, their financial status, their religious status, their emotional state, their health, their goals, their desires. You don't even know their names. What makes you think you know better than they about their unwanted pregnancy?

Perhaps you can explain--beginning with your own hubris in presuming to know what you do not and misrepresenting what others think, feel, or pray about. I'm no one's "minion."

Nota Bene so, you cry over abortions, but not over children in cages?

Why do you fantasize that I cry or presume to know what I cry about? There are plenty of tears to go around--the fate of the Yazidis, the oppression, imprisonment, and torture of Uyghurs, and the men and women and boys and girls who are being trafficked worldwide, to name just three. Do I have your permission to care about these issues or does my concern for the right to life of the unborn mean that I don't care about other tragedies? Please advise.

The pro-life movement is about one thing: Protecting little babies.

I too hope that the heart of every person who sees these protests is changed and they see the prayers and incantations for what they are: an attempt to subvert the Constitution, deny women the right to make private decisions about their personal lives, ban abortions and punish women.
Well said!

Perhaps you can explain--beginning with your own hubris in presuming to know what you do not and misrepresenting what others think, feel, or pray about. I'm no one's "minion."

I’m hubris free. I am not judging the women getting abortions because I do not know them. And it was the people praying, not me, that said they wanted their prayers to stop women from getting abortions. It was the conservative Christians, not me that said they wanted to overturn Roe and deny women the right to choose. It was conservative male posters, not me that have advocated punishment for women who got pregnant. Repeating the goals people have publicly stated is not hubris nor is it misrepresentation.

You may not feel like a minion but you are the foot soldiers of the conservative Christian movement doing the heavy lifting to gain enough political control of the government so that your leaders can turn back the rights of LGBTs, minorities, women, the poor, illegal immigrants (yes they do have legal rights) and legal immigrants. With political power to end environmental regulations, workers’ protections, business and finance regulations, abortion, many women’s contraceptives, universal medical insurance. And power to declare the US officially a Christian nation with Christian values. Listen to what the leaders of your movement say:

“The idea that religion and politics don't mix was invented by the Devil to keep Christians from running their own country. If [there is] any place in the world we need Christianity, it's in Washington. And that's why preachers long since need to get over that intimidation forced upon us by liberals, that if we mention anything about politics, we are degrading our ministry. Jerry Falwell: Sermon, Lynchburg, Virginia, 1976-07-04,

“I hope I live to see the day when, as in the early days of our country,we won't have any public schools. The churches will have taken them over again and Christians will be running them.” Jerry Falwell in America Can Be Saved! (1979) Sword of the Lord Publishers, Murfreesboro, Tennessee, p.

A wife is to submit graciously to the servant leadership of her husband, even as the church willingly submits to the headship of Christ. —Official statement of Southern Baptist Convention, summer 1998 (15.7 million members)

The Holiness of God is not evidenced in women when they are challenging, controlling, assertive, insubordinate, or clamoring for power. Rather, women accept God’s holy order and character by being humbly and unobtrusively respectful and receptive in functional subordination to God, church leadership, and husbands. —James Fowler, Women in the Church, 1999.

Women will be saved by going back to that role that God has chosen for them. Ladies, if the hair on the back of your neck stands up it is because you are fighting your role in the scripture. —Mark Driscoll, founder of Mars Hill nondenominational mega-church franchise. (1970-)

“Yes, we are called to permeate the culture with the Word of God. We are called to seven areas of culture in particular, including Family, Government, Media, Arts, Business, Education and Religion.” Lance Wallnau of Charisma.

“The new political philosophy must be defined by us [conservatives] in moral terms, packaged in non-religious language, and propagated throughout the country by our new coalition. When political power is achieved, the moral majority will have the opportunity to re-create this great nation.” Paul Weyrich 1970

I’m hubris free. I am not judging the women getting abortions because I do not know them. And it was the people praying, not me, that said they wanted their prayers to stop women from getting abortions. It was the conservative Christians, not me that said they wanted to overturn Roe and deny women the right to choose. It was conservative male posters, not me that have advocated punishment for women who got pregnant. Repeating the goals people have publicly stated is not hubris nor is it misrepresentation.

You may not feel like a minion but you are the foot soldiers of the conservative Christian movement doing the heavy lifting to gain enough political control of the government so that your leaders can turn back the rights of LGBTs, minorities, women, the poor, illegal immigrants (yes they do have legal rights) and legal immigrants. With political power to end environmental regulations, workers’ protections, business and finance regulations, abortion, many women’s contraceptives, universal medical insurance. And power to declare the US officially a Christian nation with Christian values. Listen to what the leaders of your movement say:

“The idea that religion and politics don't mix was invented by the Devil to keep Christians from running their own country. If [there is] any place in the world we need Christianity, it's in Washington. And that's why preachers long since need to get over that intimidation forced upon us by liberals, that if we mention anything about politics, we are degrading our ministry. Jerry Falwell: Sermon, Lynchburg, Virginia, 1976-07-04,

“I hope I live to see the day when, as in the early days of our country,we won't have any public schools. The churches will have taken them over again and Christians will be running them.” Jerry Falwell in America Can Be Saved! (1979) Sword of the Lord Publishers, Murfreesboro, Tennessee, p.

A wife is to submit graciously to the servant leadership of her husband, even as the church willingly submits to the headship of Christ. —Official statement of Southern Baptist Convention, summer 1998 (15.7 million members)

The Holiness of God is not evidenced in women when they are challenging, controlling, assertive, insubordinate, or clamoring for power. Rather, women accept God’s holy order and character by being humbly and unobtrusively respectful and receptive in functional subordination to God, church leadership, and husbands. —James Fowler, Women in the Church, 1999.

Women will be saved by going back to that role that God has chosen for them. Ladies, if the hair on the back of your neck stands up it is because you are fighting your role in the scripture. —Mark Driscoll, founder of Mars Hill nondenominational mega-church franchise. (1970-)

“Yes, we are called to permeate the culture with the Word of God. We are called to seven areas of culture in particular, including Family, Government, Media, Arts, Business, Education and Religion.” Lance Wallnau of Charisma.

“The new political philosophy must be defined by us [conservatives] in moral terms, packaged in non-religious language, and propagated throughout the country by our new coalition. When political power is achieved, the moral majority will have the opportunity to re-create this great nation.” Paul Weyrich 1970

You do not speak for me. As I've already said, I'm no "minion," but there is really no point in bothering you with facts when your mind is already made up.;)

Back
Top Bottom