• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

4-Year-Old Killed for Refusing to Call Mom's Lesbian Lover "Daddy"

jimmyjack

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
4-Year-Old Killed for Refusing to Call Mom's Lesbian Lover "Daddy"

By John-Henry Westen

JOHANNESBURG, March 24, 2006 (LifeSiteNews.com) - Writing in the South African paper, The Star, journalist Baldwin Ndaba reports on the outcome of a court case concerning the death of four year old Jandre Botha, a young boy who according to evidence given in court was beaten to death after refusing to call his mother's lesbian love "Daddy".

On Wednesday, Vereeniging Regional Court magistrate Rita Willemse found Engeline de Nysschen (33), and the child's mother Hanelie Botha (31) guilty of murder in the death of the child. While de Nysschen was found to have inflicted the violence, the judge ruled against Botha for failing to act in the face of repeated physical abuse of her child by de Nysschen, and lying in order to protect her.

Court testimony from employees of the lesbian couple indicated that a major assault on the boy occurred as he refused repeated requests to call de Nysschen "Daddy".

Botha claimed that her child had died after slipping in the bath, but medical experts dismissed the claim noting injuries, including a fractured skull and brain damage, as well as broken legs, collarbone, hands and pelvis which were sustained over time.

A pre-sentencing report is expected June 26.

See the account in The Star here:
http://www.thestar.co.za/index.php?fSectionId=128&fArticleId=3171828

And what is your point?

mixedmedia said:
And what is your point?

The point is:

A four year old boy has been killed for refusing to call his mom's lesbian lover "Daddy".

A case against homosexual adoption me thinks.

jimmyjack said:
The point is:

A four year old boy has been killed for refusing to call his mom's lesbian lover "Daddy".

Here in Orlando we once had a stepfather try to put his 18 month old stepdaughter into a heated oven. Is that a case against stepfathers?

jimmyjack said:

Gosh, yes! Because of that one case we must totally rethink our opinions on sexuality and adoption. :roll:

mixedmedia said:
Here in Orlando we once had a stepfather try to put his 18 month old stepdaughter into a heated oven. Is that a case against stepfathers?

Was it because his stepdaughter refused to call him mummy?

Naughty Nurse said:
Gosh, yes! Because of that one case we must totally rethink our opinions on sexuality and adoption. :roll:

For sure, it demonstrates that a child needs a mother and a father, not a mother and a mother who he has to call daddy.

Confusion is never a good thing.

jimmyjack said:
Was it because his stepdaughter refused to call him mummy?

Why does that matter?

Are you suggesting that this woman beat her stepson to death because she was gay and not because she was homicidal?

....and it was because the child was crying too much, make that matter in a rational argument. I dare you.

jimmyjack said:
For sure, it demonstrates that a child needs a mother and a father, not a mother and a mother who he has to call daddy.

Confusion is never a good thing.

It demonstrates nothing but the tragedy of child abuse.

mixedmedia said:
It demonstrates nothing but the tragedy of child abuse.

Absolutely. And the treagedy of using someone else's tragedy as a means to further your own petty little agenda, jimmyjack.

Naughty Nurse said:
Absolutely. And the treagedy of using someone else's tragedy as a means to further your own petty little agenda, jimmyjack.

Very good point, NN.

thats quite sad, but why is it in the sex and sexuality forum?

jimmyjack said:
The point is:

anecdotal evidence does not make a strong argument. see Hasty Generalization.

to shamelessly steal from steen, here is some real evidence:

http://www.debatepolitics.com/showpost.php?p=238684&postcount=162
Children raised in fatherless families from infancy: family relationships and the socioemotional development of children of lesbian and single heterosexual mothers.
J Child Psychol Psychiatry. 1997 Oct;38(7):783-91.
...The quality of the couples' relationships and the quality of the mother-child interaction did not differ between lesbian mother families and either of the heterosexual family groups. The quality of the interaction between the social mother and the child in lesbian families was superior to that between the father and the child in both groups of heterosexual families. Childrens' own perception of their parents was similar in all family types; the social mother in lesbian families was regarded by the child to be as much a 'parent' as the father in both types of heterosexual families. With regard to their emotional/behavioural development, boys and girls raised in lesbian mother families were well adjusted and their gender role development did not differ from that of children raised in heterosexual families...

Children raised in fatherless families from infancy: a follow-up of children of lesbian and single heterosexual mothers at early adolescence.
J Child Psychol Psychiatry. 2004 Nov;45(8):1407-19.
...CONCLUSIONS: The presence or absence of a father in the home from the outset does appear to have some influence on adolescents' relationships with their mothers. However, being without a resident father from infancy does not seem to have negative consequences for children. In addition, there is no evidence that the sexual orientation of the mother influences parent-child interaction or the socioemotional development of the child.

Children with lesbian parents: A community study.
Developmental Psychology. 2003 Jan Vol 39(1) 20-33
...Thirty-nine lesbian-mother families, 74 two-parent heterosexual families, and 60 families headed by single heterosexual mothers were compared on standardized interview and questionnaire measures administered to mothers, co-mothers/fathers, children, and teachers. Findings are in line with those of earlier investigations showing positive mother-child relationships and well-adjusted children.

The Toronto Lesbian Family Study.
J Homosex. 2000;40(2):65-79.
...All but one child living in two-mother homes identified both mothers as part of their family. Our initial impression is that these are primarily strong families with a variety of parenting skills, stressors and philosophies.

Lesbian motherhood: the impact on child development and family functioning.
J Psychosom Obstet Gynaecol. 1997 Mar;18(1):1-16. Review.
....Although many important research questions have yet to be addressed, the results of all reviewed studies were unanimous; none of the investigations could identify an adverse effect of lesbian motherhood on child development.

Psychosocial adjustment among children conceived via donor insemination by lesbian and heterosexual mothers.
Child Dev. 1998 Apr;69(2):443-57.
...Results showed that children were developing in normal fashion, and that their adjustment was unrelated to structural variables such as parental sexual orientation or the number of parents in the household. These results held true for teacher reports as well as for parent reports....

Lesbian mothers, gay fathers, and their children: a review.
J Dev Behav Pediatr. 2005 Jun;26(3):224-40.
...Findings from research suggest that children with lesbian or gay parents are comparable with children with heterosexual parents on key psychosocial developmental outcomes. In many ways, children of lesbian or gay parents have similar experiences of family life compared with children in heterosexual families...

Adults raised as children in lesbian families.
Am J Orthopsychiatry. 1995 Apr;65(2):203-15
A longitudinal study of 25 young adults from lesbian families and 21 raised by heterosexual single mothers revealed that those raised by lesbian mothers functioned well in adulthood in terms of psychological well-being and of family identity and relationships. The commonly held assumption that lesbian mothers will have lesbian daughters and gay sons was not supported by the findings.

Children in lesbian and single-parent households: psychosexual and psychiatric appraisal.
J Child Psychol Psychiatry. 1983 Oct;24(4):551-72.
...The two groups did not differ in terms of their gender identity, sex role behaviour or sexual orientation. Also, they did not differ on most measures of emotions, behaviour and relationships--although there was some indication of more frequent psychiatric problems in the single-parent group. It was concluded that rearing in a lesbian household per se did not lead to atypical psychosexual development or constitute a psychiatric risk factor

click on the link to the origional post, and all the sources will be linked.

star2589 said:
thats quite sad, but why is it in the sex and sexuality forum?

Well, because it only happened because the parents were gay, of course. :roll:

mixedmedia said:
Well, because it only happened because the parents were gay, of course. :roll:

you know, why dont we make all the forums sub-forums of the sex and sexuality one? you know, because everyone is either gay, bi, or straight.

star2589 said:
you know, why dont we make all the forums sub-forums of the sex and sexuality one? you know, because everyone is either gay, bi, or straight.

Wow, this thread is a veritable wellspring of rational thought. ;)

Naughty Nurse said:
You are living proof of that.

Good deductive reasoning, I’m good therefore not confused.

I like it.

btw jimmyjack, what in the world is your avatar? it creeps me out. :rofl

star2589 said:

I believe that is Mary.....with the Barbara Walters fuzzy lens thing going.....

jimmyjack said:
Good deductive reasoning, I’m good therefore not confused.

I like it.

You are good? What is that supposed to mean? Like you're a good boy???

mixedmedia said:
I believe that is Mary.....with the Barbara Walters fuzzy lens thing going.....

it looks like one of those dolls that always comes to live in horror films.

star2589 said:

I believe it is our Heavenly Mother.

What does it matter who committed this crime. A child was killed and that is what is important. However, jimmyjack, you would like to turn this into a warcry of intolerance by placing the focus, not on the child and possibly future prevention of such incidents, but on the sexuality of the perpetrator. You are making an assumption based on a characteristic of a single perpetrator rather than trying to define the common characteristics of all perpetrators. Here, take a look at this from theUS Dept of Health and Human Services:

There is no single profile of a perpetrator of fatal child abuse, although certain characteristics reappear in many studies. Frequently the perpetrator is a young adult in his or her mid-20s without a high school diploma, living at or below the poverty level, depressed, and who may have difficulty coping with stressful situations. In many instances, the perpetrator has experienced violence first-hand. Most fatalities from physical abuse are caused by fathers and other male caretakers. Mothers are most often held responsible for deaths resulting from child neglect. However, in some cases this may be because women are most often responsible (or assumed to be responsible) for children's care (U.S. Advisory Board on Child Abuse and Neglect, 1995).

I see nothing stating that homosexuality is a common link or that homosexuals are particularly prone to inflicting abuse. Of the 1.98 cases of child fatality per 100K children in the US in 2002 there is no statistic indicating that there was a marked homosexual representation in the perpetrator.

Now just to shut this down before you go where I know you are headed because of the transparency of this "insightful" look at a single case...lets look at other stats on child abuse not particularly involving child fatality. In fact, lets go ahead and tackle the big one that I know is on your mind...lets go for child molestation and its occurence in familes where the parents are homosexual.

Also from US Department of Health and Human Services, Administration for Children and Families:

There is no legitimate scientific research connecting homosexuality and pedophilia. Sexual orientation (homosexual or heterosexual) is defined as an adult attraction to other adults. Pedophilia is defined as an adult sexual attraction or perversion to children.7 In a study of 269 cases of child sex abuse, only two offenders where found to be gay or lesbian. More relevant was the finding that of the cases involving molestation of a boy by a man, seventy-four percent of the men were or had been in a heterosexual relationship with the boys mother or another female relative. The conclusion was found that "a child's risk of being molested by his or her relative's heterosexual partner is over one hundred times greater than by someone who might be identifiable as being homosexual."

Now lets pay real close attention to that last sentence. Here, I'll even quote it specifically for you so it can sink in:

The conclusion was found that "a child's risk of being molested by his or her relative's heterosexual partner is over one hundred times greater than by someone who might be identifiable as being homosexual."

Thats the abuse you were really worried about isnt it? I mean, you werent really worried to much about that 4 year old boy except where you thought you could use his death to prove homosexuals were bad people based solely on your disdain for their private sex lives. But even your worst fear about homosexuals is discredited by our own government task forces...Now what point were you trying to make about homosexuals being bad parents?

Back
Top Bottom