• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

4 Police Chiefs Sued Over 'Excessively Delaying' Applications for Gun Permits

Bum

I survived. Suck it, Schrodinger.
Dungeon Master
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Four Connecticut police chiefs have been sued by a gun rights group and four citizens over "excessively delaying" applications for gun permits, the Associated Press reported.
The Connecticut Citizens Defense League (CCDL) announced it had filed a federal lawsuit against Hartford, New Haven, Bridgeport and Waterbury police chiefs, saying they had purposefully slowed the licensing process and violated people's rights to bear arms and due process.
Holly Sullivan, president of the CCDL, released a statement alleging the cities were notorious for intentionally slowing the gun permit application process.

Applicants made to wait anywhere from 8 to 11 months for an appointment just to apply?

Four Connecticut police chiefs have been sued by a gun rights group and four citizens over "excessively delaying" applications for gun permits, the Associated Press reported.
The Connecticut Citizens Defense League (CCDL) announced it had filed a federal lawsuit against Hartford, New Haven, Bridgeport and Waterbury police chiefs, saying they had purposefully slowed the licensing process and violated people's rights to bear arms and due process.
Holly Sullivan, president of the CCDL, released a statement alleging the cities were notorious for intentionally slowing the gun permit application process.

Applicants made to wait anywhere from 8 to 11 months for an appointment just to apply?
Gun banners have multiple ways they try and skirt the law to get the results they want.

That pesky pandemic! How rude of it to delay people their God-given right to purchase a gun!

I see that the MSN news feed algorithm is working quite well.

there have been cases where "may issue" laws have been found to be "arbitrary and capricious" violations. I hope the citizens file 42 US 1983 suits and target the chiefs in their OFFICIAL and INDIVIDUAL capacity, meaning that if the citizens win, they can go after the personal assets of the sloths. Plus, such a tactic often means the individual defendants must hire private counsel since there is a conflict between the individual and his.her employer

That pesky pandemic! How rude of it to delay people their God-given right to purchase a gun!

I see that the MSN news feed algorithm is working quite well.
should we take your comment to mean that you are hostile of the constitutional right to keep and bear arms and you want to excuse this disgusting behavior by bureaucrats based on the Covid panic?

I live in CT, and it took one of my buddies over a year, and he wasn't even in one of the towns mentioned in the article. This was about 5 years ago.

Spare me the nonsense that these worthless pigs are too busy because of the pandemic.

I live in CT, and it took one of my buddies over a year, and he wasn't even in one of the towns mentioned in the article. This was about 5 years ago.

Spare me the nonsense that these worthless pigs are too busy because of the pandemic.
SUPPORT THE BLUE!

should we take your comment to mean that you are hostile of the constitutional right to keep and bear arms and you want to excuse this disgusting behavior by bureaucrats based on the Covid panic?
"Take my comment" at face value and quit playing logical fallacy games.

Saint Paul has double the population of Bridgeport, and is required to conduct the background check and either issue the permit or deny the permit within 30 days....they still manage it; not sure how it requires 11 months to conduct a NICS background check.

Saint Paul has double the population of Bridgeport, and is required to conduct the background check and either issue the permit or deny the permit within 30 days....they still manage it; not sure how it requires 11 months to conduct a NICS background check.
given that when you are pulled over for a traffic violation, the officer does essentially the same thing in less than five minutes.

Take my comment at face value and quit playing logical fallacy games.
well I am asking based on this post of yours and some other comments you have made concerning gun owners. Those comments suggest a political agenda that finds gun owners and gun ownership to be something you disprove of.

New England is infected with this sort of bureaucratic hostility to the second amendment. Which is interesting, given that New England-especially CT and Mass., was the center of American gun making for centuries-Colt in Hartford, SW in Mass, Mossberg and Winchester in the New Haven area, Remington one state over in Ilion NY, Sturm-Ruger, Southport CT

well I am asking based on this post of yours and some other comments you have made concerning gun owners. Those comments suggest a political agenda that finds gun owners and gun ownership to be something you disprove of.
More logical fallacy games. None of that has anything to do with my post and I am under no obligation to respond to it.

More logical fallacy games. None of that has anything to do with my post and I am under no obligation to respond to it.
No one is ever under any obligation to respond to anything here but I think I am correct in suggesting your agenda

Given post #7, it looks like it isn't limited to the pandemic era.
Single personal anecdotes, while potentially interesting, are not a compelling rebuttal.

Given post #7, it looks like it isn't limited to the pandemic era.
It was true when I lived in New Haven-starting 44 years ago

No one is ever under any obligation to respond to anything here but I think I am correct in suggesting your agenda
Congrats?

Let's stick to the topic and not make comments about the poster, shall we?

I think some anti gun folks delight in governmental sloth when it comes to people being able to exercise rights that should not require any governmental approval in the first place.

I think some anti gun folks delight in governmental sloth when it comes to people being able to exercise rights that should not require any governmental approval in the first place.

"Some anti gun folks". LOL, it appears the tendency towards personal insults and assumptions just can't be controlled.

"Some anti gun folks". LOL, it appears the tendency towards personal insults and assumptions just can't be controlled.
are you claiming that referring to a group of people as "anti gun" folks is an insult?

Just so I make sure I don't even make a hint you find objectionable, what is your position on gun rights? Based on your prior posts, I may have mistakenly assumed you are less than supportive of gun ownership and gun owners

New England is infected with this sort of bureaucratic hostility to the second amendment. Which is interesting, given that New England-especially CT and Mass., was the center of American gun making for centuries-Colt in Hartford, SW in Mass, Mossberg and Winchester in the New Haven area, Remington one state over in Ilion NY, Sturm-Ruger, Southport CT

New England is just another example of how everything progressivism touches turns to shit. It's such a beautiful part of the country, but leftists ruined it. We're planning on moving to either the western side of VA or WV in a few years.

are you claiming that referring to a group of people as "anti gun" folks is an insult?

Just so I make sure I don't even make a hint you find objectionable, what is your position on gun rights? Based on your prior posts, I may have mistakenly assumed you are less than supportive of gun ownership and gun owners
No. That makes no sense. "Delight in government sloth " was the insult. "Anti gun folks" identifies who the insult is directed towards.

Again, I am under no obligation to answer your questions, especially ones that are unrelated to my comments.

No. That makes no sense. "Delight in government sloth " was the insult. "Anti gun folks" identifies who the insult is directed towards.

Again, I am under no obligation to answer your questions, especially ones that are unrelated to my comments.
OK so what exactly was your point in your first post?

Back
Top Bottom