• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

4 people test postiive for covid 19 at North Carolina RNC convention

However, look at the implications. The setting which they were found was violating all the CDC guidelines to slow down the spread of the disease. What has let a lot of the disease slow down was 'Use of masks, washing hands and social distancing'. With no masks, and no social distancing, there is a very good chance a number of people got infected. If they keep on ignoring the guidelines, more people will get infected, including their family and their friends.

I live in CA, one of the most anti-Trump places on the planet, and just went to a public place that was packed with people not wearing masks. So let's not pretend it's all about Trumpists, and Gavin Newsom certainly didn't send out the popo to put an end to it.

I live in CA, one of the most anti-Trump places on the planet, and just went to a public place that was packed with people not wearing masks. So let's not pretend it's all about Trumpists.

In the case of the RNC rally on the White house lawn, it is. It is Trump's sycophants risking other people's lives for trumps ego.

I live in CA, one of the most anti-Trump places on the planet, and just went to a public place that was packed with people not wearing masks. So let's not pretend it's all about Trumpists, and Gavin Newsom certainly didn't send out the popo to put an end to it.

As I understand it, the 14[sup]th[/sup] Amendment

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

gives stupid people the same right to live in California as they have in any other state.

PS - You might note that the 14[sup]th[/sup] Amendment does NOT prohibit the FEDERAL government from denying "any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws".

As I understand it, the 14[SUP]th[/SUP] Amendment

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

gives stupid people the same right to live in California as they have in any other state.

PS - You might note that the 14[SUP]th[/SUP] Amendment does NOT prohibit the FEDERAL government from denying "any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws".

That's fascinating. If I recall correctly, the last time someone tried to use the power of the Federal government to stop stupid people from destroying federal property, he was called a fascist. I can only imagine the outcry from Democrats if he were to send in the FBI to enforce a mask mandate where Gavin Newsom failed so miserably.

That's fascinating. If I recall correctly, the last time someone tried to use the power of the Federal government to stop stupid people from destroying federal property, he was called a fascist. I can only imagine the outcry from Democrats if he were to send in the FBI to enforce a mask mandate where Gavin Newsom failed so miserably.

Sometimes people actually are what other people call them.

I'd never call Mr. Trump a fascist because I don't think that he has sufficient morality or ethics to subscribe to ANY GENERAL political ideology that is supposedly to benefit the whole of a society.

I will say that I believe that Mr. Trump is an egotistical, narcissistic, puerile, self-centred, rapacious, vindictive, autocratic, unintelligent, ignorant, cowardly, bully who should never hold any public office higher than SCTADAPCCH ("Seasonal Casual Temporary Acting Deputy Assistant Probationary Cesspool Cleaner's Helper") - but that's only my personal opinion expressed so that it doesn't violate the forum's rules.

Sometimes people actually are what other people call them.

I'd never call Mr. Trump a fascist because I don't think that he has sufficient morality or ethics to subscribe to ANY GENERAL political ideology that is supposedly to benefit the whole of a society.

I will say that I believe that Mr. Trump is an egotistical, narcissistic, puerile, self-centred, rapacious, vindictive, autocratic, unintelligent, ignorant, cowardly, bully who should never hold any public office higher than SCTADAPCCH ("Seasonal Casual Temporary Acting Deputy Assistant Probationary Cesspool Cleaner's Helper") - but that's only my personal opinion expressed so that it doesn't violate the forum's rules.

If you wanted to change the topic, you could have just said so and saved yourself a lot of typing.

Do HIPAA rules not apply to covid-19 testing?

Seriously. Small town newspaper. The kind that publishes the name of everyone who gets a ticket in the newspaper that they all read. "I see you kid got another speeding ticket" sort of town and newspaper:

"3 People Infected
"3 people who attended Alice Jones 47 birthday party in (our tiny rural city) have tested positive for covid-19..." on the bottom right of page 1, continued on page 3.

What next?

2 People Infected
"2 people who attended Alice Jones 47th birthday party in (our tiny rural city) have tested positive for HIV..." on the bottom right of page 1, continued on page 3."

I really don't like this. It is very misleading and accusatory - and selective as to public disclosure. Is there a place we can see how many people who went anywhere and did anything have been infected - how and where - for all 6,000,000 who have tested positive or have been positive at some point.

Seems like an HIPAA violation - big time - by whatever organization/person/Dr did the test or otherwise divulged the info publicly.

2 people on Joe Biden's staff have cooties.

I had enough of the absurdity of the endless, every day and night, day after week after month of this bio-terrorism political campaign by the propaganda outlets the super rich own and control - television, newspapers and the Internet - by the end of the first week way back then.

And California has had a mask mandate for two months now, which has resulted in more cases and more deaths than they had before the mask mandate. They currently have over 4000 new cases every day and 100-200 deaths every day and yet you want to talk about FOUR people at the RNC.

If you look at the data , the clusters are happening in multi family dwellings. People are being careless, and then brining it home to the building where it spreads though the building

Wow. That's one GIant Fallacy. Was the public place you went to a Trump rally? A public park? There are more Trump fans and followers in California than all of Wyoming, Alaska and Kansas combined. There are entire counties that are resisting common sense and Governor Newsom's orders. Which one do you live in? I can go on at length.

Engage the brain before you initiate conversation. It functions better that way.

It astounds and appalls me the lack of basic logic functions that pass for "debate" on this site.

Last edited:
Wow. That's one GIant Fallacy. Was the public place you went to a Trump rally? A public park? There are more Trump fans and followers in California than all of Wyoming, Alaska and Kansas combined. There are entire counties that are resisting common sense and Governor Newsom's orders. Which one do you live in?

Engage the brain before you initiate conversation. It functions better that way.

The great big fallacy here is you pretending that large numbers of people just out and about in a coastal CA town don't just represent a slice of the population. Practically everyone I know here is a rabid Trump hater, and they all report that they're all going out to the beach, shopping, and restaurants.

But more importantly, you are obviously missing the point, which is that thousands upon thousands of people are out violating the mask mandate in one of the most anti-Trump states in the country, yet the authorities are doing nothing about it.

The great big fallacy here is you pretending that large numbers of people just out and about in a coastal CA town don't just represent a slice of the population. Practically everyone I know here is a rabid Trump hater, and they all report that they're all going out to the beach, shopping, and restaurants.

But more importantly, you are obviously missing the point, which is that thousands upon thousands of people are out violating the mask mandate in one of the most anti-Trump states in the country, yet the authorities are doing nothing about it.

Here's the thing, my friend (and I mean that sincerely), your premise is a non sequitur. Being "Anti-Trump" has no correlation to the rest of the argument. That's my frustration. Yes, the people on the beach represent a slice of the population, but absent a detailed survey, which slice? Who are the ones not wearing masks, and why? Swimmers are not required to wear a mask, for example. And I'm not excusing careless behavior, either. I'm objecting to the callous disregard for adhering to a logical construction of an argument.

I even agree with one of your premises - not all anti-maskers are pro-Trump, even if there is a very high correlation. And some Trump followers wear masks. Where does that take your argument? I'm a rabid masker. Yet, I have been to the beach, shopping and a restaurant, all this week. In each circumstance I have worn a mask where appropriate and where required.

Last edited:
Being "Anti-Trump" has no correlation to the rest of the argument.

Of course it does. My comment was a response to the claim that this is basically all Trump's fault. That could be the case for two reasons I can think of: either he's not saying the right things to convince everyone to wear masks (or even actively discouraging it), or he's not taking explicit action to force people to wear masks. CA gives us reason to believe that both facets of the claim are nonsense. Huge numbers of people who can mostly be counted on to do the exact opposite of anything Trump says are still not wearing masks when they should be. And a Governor who is basically the Anti-Trump doesn't appear to be doing anything about it.

I'm not saying that Trump bears no responsibility, but to lay this entirely at his feet as some folks are doing is comically hypocritical based on what's actually happening out in the wild.

Who are the ones not wearing masks, and why?

Practically all of them. Black, White, Brown, Democrat, Republican.

And California has had a mask mandate for two months now, which has resulted in more cases and more deaths than they had before the mask mandate. They currently have over 4000 new cases every day and 100-200 deaths every day and yet you want to talk about FOUR people at the RNC.

It appears that you were absent the day that "geometric progression" was taught.

Did you know that,

IF the number of cases increases by a factor of 1.0001 WITHOUT the use of masks,

AND IF the number of cases increases by a factor of 1.00009 WITH the use of masks,

THEN will be MORE new cases of COVID-19 REGARDLESS of whether or not masks are used?

Did you know that,

IF the number of cases increases by a factor of 1.0001 WITHOUT the use of masks,

AND IF the number of cases increases by a factor of 1.00009 WITH the use of masks,

THEN there will be FEWER new cases of COVID-19 with the use of masks?

Are you actually under the impression that someone is actually saying

IF people wear masks,

THEN there will be absolutely no new cases of COVID-19?

or are you only pretending to believe such a stupid thing?

PS - Just to save you having to type "Where is your proof that those numbers are accurate?", I will tell you right now that I made them up for illustrative purposes.

Last edited:
Do HIPAA rules not apply to covid-19 testing?

Seriously. Small town newspaper. The kind that publishes the name of everyone who gets a ticket in the newspaper that they all read. "I see you kid got another speeding ticket" sort of town and newspaper:

"3 People Infected
"3 people who attended Alice Jones 47 birthday party in (our tiny rural city) have tested positive for covid-19..." on the bottom right of page 1, continued on page 3.

What next?

2 People Infected
"2 people who attended Alice Jones 47th birthday party in (our tiny rural city) have tested positive for HIV..." on the bottom right of page 1, continued on page 3."

I really don't like this. It is very misleading and accusatory - and selective as to public disclosure. Is there a place we can see how many people who went anywhere and did anything have been infected - how and where - for all 6,000,000 who have tested positive or have been positive at some point.

Seems like an HIPAA violation - big time - by whatever organization/person/Dr did the test or otherwise divulged the info publicly.

<SARC>[Quite right. That sort of information regarding COVID-19 should NEVER be released. Not only that, but the information regarding testing for COVID-19 should NEVER be released either. Not only that, but the information regarding deaths from COVID-19 should also NEVER be released.

Then, since there is absolutely no information about COVID-19 available, everyone can relax and let their lives get back to normal because what isn't reported simply isn't happening.

HeadInSand.JPG

<SARC>[That's you - right?

Last edited:
<SARC>[Quite right. That sort of information regarding COVID-19 should NEVER be released. Not only that, but the information regarding testing for COVID-19 should NEVER be released either. Not only that, but the information regarding deaths from COVID-19 should also NEVER be released.

Then, since there is absolutely no information about COVID-19 available, everyone can relax and let their lives get back to normal because what isn't reported simply isn't happening.

<SARC>[Right?

I do understand that many Democrats want people to wear a camera and microphone so the government can monitor everything they say, do, where they go and everyone they are in contact with.

Please post the name of everyone who has been to your house in the last year and post all your medical records on this forum. Like you say, we all have a right to know what dangers you and where you live poises to people.

It appears that you were absent the day that "geometric progression" was taught.

Did you know that,

THEN will be MORE new cases of COVID-19 REGARDLESS of whether or not masks are used?

Did you know that,

IF people wear masks,

PS - Just to save you having to type "Where is your proof that those numbers are accurate?", I will tell you right now that I made them up for illustrative purposes.

Like EVERY expert including Fauci and the Surgeon General said, masks spread covid-19, in addition to harming or killing the wearer.

2 people on Joe Biden's staff have cooties.

I had enough of the absurdity of the endless, every day and night, day after week after month of this bio-terrorism political campaign by the propaganda outlets the super rich own and control - television, newspapers and the Internet - by the end of the first week way back then.

OK, the I won't mention a single name.

20-08-31 A1 - G8 + CHINA COVID.jpg

20-08-31 A3 - Comparison of Ratios.jpg

20-08-31 Z6 - Current SPOT Daily Death Ratios.jpg

20-08-31 B1 - COVID vs Other Causes.jpg

20-08-31 B3 - Death by Ability to Pay.jpg

Those tables contain what are known as "data" and "statistical relationships".

Please feel free to hold the opinion that the "data" and "statistical relationships" absolutely **P*R*O*V*E** that there is no such thing as that co-called "COVID-19" and that every other country in the world is conspiring with the huge Deep State Conspiracy in the US to falsify reality.

Just don't try and convince any rational person that that opinion has any connection with reality.

OK, the I won't mention a single name.

Those tables contain what are known as "data" and "statistical relationships".

Please feel free to hold the opinion that the "data" and "statistical relationships" absolutely **P*R*O*V*E** that there is no such thing as that co-called "COVID-19" and that every other country in the world is conspiring with the huge Deep State Conspiracy in the US to falsify reality.

Just don't try and convince any rational person that that opinion has any connection with reality.

Name any country other than the USA that pays a $29,000 bounty to falsely claim a death was a covid-19 death - but pays $0 for other causes of death - for which auto accidents are counted as covid-19 deaths and corpses never tested are counted as covid-19 deaths.

You can't, can you?

Curious how NOW you support NOT reporting testing stats - and brag about those countries for not doing so. Anything you care to post that isn't intellectual dishonesty?

True, but look at all the laughter it brings into the world when people don't do it.

It astounds and appalls me the lack of basic logic functions that pass for "debate" on this site.

It is a proven fact that approximately 40% of the American population develops an incipient (but temporary) decline in IQ points of about 50% when exposed to the radiation from the screen from a computer monitor. That decline is triggered by the contact of fingertips with the keys of the computer's keyboard.

Stupidity is its own reward. Fortunately it's also its own anaesthetic.

Did you know that,

Did you know that,

IF people wear masks,

I don't want to hurt your feelings but your posts are often difficult to read. But what I did get out of your posts is the usual same TDS anti-Trump bull****. You used the word if five times.

I don't want to hurt your feelings but your posts are often difficult to read. But what I did get out of your posts is the usual same TDS anti-Trump bull****. You used the word if five times.

I'm so sorry I thought that the concept "logical argument" was something that you might have heard of.

I'm so sorry I thought that the concept "logical argument" was something that you might have heard of.

You lefties are nothing but ifs, ands, buts, maybes, could haves, mights, would have's and every other similar argument.

Back
Top Bottom