• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

4 in custody after mentally disabled man tied up, tortured on Facebook Live

LowDown

Curmudgeon
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
4 in custody after mentally disabled man tied up, tortured on Facebook Live | WFLD

Chicago investigators are questioning four African-Americans after a Facebook Live video shows a group of people torturing a white mentally disabled man while someone yelled "F*** Trump!" and "F*** white people!"

Chicago police were made aware of the video Tuesday afternoon. A young African American woman streamed the video live on Facebook showing at least four people holding the young white man hostage.

...The suspects can be heard saying they want the video to go viral

I blame the Democrat's inflammatory racial rhetoric.

Anti-White Hate Crime? Video Shows Black Teens Torturing Mentally Disabled White Kid. “The video itself lasts for 30 minutes, during which the victim—who is tied up, with his mouth taped shut—is abused in numerous ways. The perpetrators cut his hair with a knife until his head bleeds, flick cigarette ashes on him, and threaten him. They occasionally utter things like, “**** Donald Trump, **** white people.” At one point, the video recorder—a black woman whose name is easily identifiable—suggests putting the victim out of his misery.”

In Rahm Emanuel’s Chicago.

"My favorite part about the Obama era is all the racial healing." - Jon Gabriel

4 in custody after mentally disabled man tied up, tortured on Facebook Live | WFLD

I blame the Democrat's inflammatory racial rhetoric.

"My favorite part about the Obama era is all the racial healing." - Jon Gabriel

The blame is on all Americans that continue to define people based on race... The article should have said 4 men jailed for torturing mentally handicapped man. That is the crime.. not that one was white or the others were black or green.

As long as American continues to put people in racial categories on pretty much everything, the longer the racial problems will continue.

The blame is on all Americans that continue to define people based on race... The article should have said 4 men jailed for torturing mentally handicapped man. That is the crime.. not that one was white or the others were black or green.

As long as American continues to put people in racial categories on pretty much everything, the longer the racial problems will continue.

So you don't see race when police officers shoot a black person?

I hope these assholes go to prison for a very long time.

. The Chicago Police Commander in charge of the investigation said, " "Although they are adults, they're 18. Kids make stupid decisions -- I shouldn't call them kids, they're legally adults, but they're young adults and they make stupid decisions," Duffin said.
"That certainly will be part of whether or not ... we seek a hate crime, to determine whether or not this is sincere or just stupid ranting and raving."

This was after watching the video. If this is representative of the Chicago Police Department then it gives a pretty clear illustration of why that city is in such bad shape.

And we shouldn't have identified them as men or women. That is just assuming their gender.

. The Chicago Police Commander in charge of the investigation said, " "Although they are adults, they're 18. Kids make stupid decisions -- I shouldn't call them kids, they're legally adults, but they're young adults and they make stupid decisions," Duffin said.
"That certainly will be part of whether or not ... we seek a hate crime, to determine whether or not this is sincere or just stupid ranting and raving."

This was after watching the video. If this is representative of the Chicago Police Department then it gives a pretty clear illustration of why that city is in such bad shape.

Wait. why is this not a hate crime??? If ithers don't agree with hate crime legislation, I get it. No problem. BUT IT'S THE LAW. All equal in the eyes of the law. Yeah, right.

Not directed at all to you Nap. I'm with ya'.

And we shouldn't have identified them as men or women. That is just assuming their gender.

Yep. Could be a they.

Or a ze.
Or a zi.
Or a zo.
Or a zum.

[CONTINUE LIST UNTIL END OF TIME]

So you don't see race when police officers shoot a black person?

If it happened any where else than the US.. nope. I see a cop that either made a mistake, was justified or committed murder.

When we come to the US, because of the clear racial problems in the country, then it is sadly not so. But that does not mean that the media and especially the government should continue to describe people based on race or ethnicity. Not saying that it can happen overnight, because it cant, but at least Americans should start working towards a situation where people are defined as Americans and not in some sub-set based on their colour or ethnicity.

Wait. why is this not a hate crime??? If ithers don't agree with hate crime legislation, I get it. No problem. BUT IT'S THE LAW. All equal in the eyes of the law. Yeah, right.

I agree, this goes beyond a hate crime in my opinion.
Kidnapping (between 24-48 hours been hearing different numbers), torture, assault with a deadly weapon, they even made him drink from a toilet. I'm not sure what all the counts add up to but imo they should never be able to return to society, someone that callous is beyond reform

BTW noticed you were up in Chicago. Be careful up there Maggs.

I agree, this goes beyond a hate crime in my opinion.
Kidnapping (between 24-48 hours been hearing different numbers), torture, assault with a deadly weapon, they even made him drink from a toilet. I'm not sure what all the counts add up to but imo they should never be able to return to society, someone that callous is beyond reform.

You know...kids, making stupid decisions.

They may well end up being charged with a hate crime. They haven't brought charges yet.

Why do you care so much about proving a racial motive of these morons? It seems that charges of kidnapping, torture and vehicle theft should be slam dunk cases worthy of at least 40 year (total consecutive) sentences. When these oh so tough 18 year olds get into the general prison population they will learn a valuable lesson that they can pass on.

Why do you care so much about proving a racial motive of these morons? It seems that charges of kidnapping, torture and vehicle theft should be slam dunk cases worthy of at least 40 year (total consecutive) sentences. When these oh so tough 18 year olds get into the general prison population they will learn a valuable lesson that they can pass on.

Throw the book at 'em. And if they could charge them with felony stupid? I'd be in on that. If the idea of punishment is partly about deterrent, which it is, then leave no stone unturned. Or no tern unstoned. Take your pick.

The blame is on all Americans that continue to define people based on race...

You can thank Obama and the democrats, who over the last 8 years have elevated their "race card" strategy to the #1 go to move in their quest for political power. Divide and conquer never get's old for the left.

The article should have said 4 men jailed for torturing mentally handicapped man. That is the crime.. not that one was white or the others were black or green.

That's pretty tough to do when they were yelling "F White people" while waving a knife at the guy.

Again, for the last 8 years the democrats and their far left supporters (aided by the liberal mainstream news media) have been engaging in a hateful brand of racial politics, resulting in a substantial widening of the racial divide in the US... a racial divide that prior to Obama's presidency, had been shrinking for 4 decades.

raceRelations.jpg

Last edited:

Because it was a racially motivated hate crime. And you could bet your ass there would be a huge uproar and protestors in the street if this were reversed. The fact is...people seem to be very in the dark on how racist black culture can be.

And no. That doesn't mean all blacks. It just means that this administration has coddled it, fed it, and given people an excuse to act this way. And if you asked the animals who did this? They would justify their behavior like they were the victims.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We'll have to see what they are charged with.

The blame lies with those persons responsible for this henious act. No one else is responsible. Their actions, they are responsible.

Throw the book at 'em. And if they could charge them with felony stupid? I'd be in on that. If the idea of punishment is partly about deterrent, which it is, then leave no stone unturned. Or no tern unstoned. Take your pick.

I predict plea deals for all of them, as first offenders, after the news coverage drops off - this is already being played down as "kids" acting stupidly by Chicago LEOs (no charges yet).

You can thank Obama and the democrats, who over the last 8 years have elevated their "race card" strategy to the #1 go to move in their quest for political power. Divide and conquer never get's old for the left.

LOL you think this is only an 8 year thing? This goes back hundreds of years.

That's pretty tough to do when they were yelling "F White people" while waving a knife at the guy.

No it is not. Promoting the racial aspect instead of the crime instead, means that the racial aspect becomes more important than the crime. This is wrong.

Again, for the last 8 years the democrats and their far left supporters (aided by the liberal mainstream news media) have been engaging in a hateful brand of racial politics, resulting in a substantial widening of the racial divide in the US... a racial divide that prior to Obama's presidency, had been shrinking for 4 decades.

You are in utter denial. Yes we are not in the 1960s anymore when it comes to race, but saying that everything is okay because it has been shrinking for 4 decades is idiotic. You still divide your citizens based on race or ethnicity. A small thing like statistics.. everything is based on White, Hispanic, Black, Asian and others. Instead of "A man attacks another man" then it is a "a black-American attacked a black-American". You define yourselves based on race and ethnicity still and that is the core problem. Yes racism is not out in the open anymore as it once was, but come on .. stop kidding yourself. The people who grew up in the 60s are still around and it is rare that people change their spots when it comes to this kind of stuff. Their children have grown up with such parents and whole communities still very much divided based on race and of course it does not help that the "official parts" of your society still use race and ethnicity in official documents and statistics.

But this incident was at the very least somewhat racially motivated (also politically motivated).

That much cannot be denied.

The blame lies with those persons responsible for this henious act. No one else is responsible. Their actions, they are responsible.

For the specific action? yes. But for the continuing race issues in the country? no.

Back
Top Bottom