• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

4 in custody after mentally disabled man tied up, tortured on Facebook Live

When white people attack black people because of race it is a hate crime.

When black people attack white people because of race it is hate crime.

When anybody attacks anybody due to their race, gender, sexual orientation, anything else, it is a hate crime.

So called "Hate crimes" attachments/enhancements are a form of "thought policing" and thus pretty stupid.

So called "Hate crimes" attachments/enhancements are a form of "thought policing" and thus pretty stupid.

I disagree. I think committing a crime based on a demographic motivation is different than committing other crimes.

Ok, so tell me what constitutes a "hate crime"?

I just described it. Many crimes are random, out of greed, necessity, whatever it may be. When crimes are committed because of the way somebody looks, thinks, etc, that is a hate crime.

I just described it. Many crimes are random, out of greed, necessity, whatever it may be. When crimes are committed because of the way somebody looks, thinks, etc, that is a hate crime.

So if I kill you for money I should get a lighter sentence? I am pretty sure you are just as dead.

Exactly what I said...Thought policing....And whom is the arbiter of what is in someones head? You?

I blame the Democrat's inflammatory racial rhetoric.

Of course you do. There hasn't been a bad thing that's happened at least since I've been here that you haven't blamed on Democrats.

BTW noticed you were up in Chicago. Be careful up there Maggs.

The vast majority of Chicago is perfectly safe. The violence is largely compartmentalized into some very, very, very bad neighborhoods.

A lot of conservatives are attempting to portray Chicago as a war zone everywhere within city limits, and that's simply not so.

Actually you are simply wrong. They are motive and action policing just like the majority of crimes. It's not thought policing in any way, that's just nonsensical because if you just have the thought nothing happens, its when you act and what your motive is that matters. the thoughts alone are meaningless.

The vast majority of Chicago is perfectly safe. The violence is largely compartmentalized into some very, very, very bad neighborhoods.

A lot of conservatives are attempting to portray Chicago as a war zone everywhere within city limits, and that's simply not so.

I live in Jackson, Mississippi so I understand that gun violence largely only effects small isolated areas but that doesn't mean that it doesn't spill out from time to time and at the rate violence is increasing in Chicago I don't see how me wishing an individual to remain safe is a bad thing.

Hmmmm....Funny, all of the klan connected politicians in the modern era were demo's....imagine that.

Sigh... yes before the racists left the demos and moved to... the GOP. This happened in the 1960s for god sake.

Race was an issue for those four folks, but it shouldn't be an issue for us. There were over 37 million African Americans who didn't commit this crime.

I'm not asking anyone to round up black peoples and lock them in camps. I'm asking people to observe this and then remember that racism and hate crimes CAN in fact be committed by minorities. And that the "racism" won't go away when one side constantly and openly spews racism and division while claiming to be "tolerant." It won't go away when they try to "gloss over" this stuff.

Reminds me of a Louis Lamour Quote: "in order for their to be peace, both sides have to put down their guns."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not asking anyone to round up black peoples and lock them in camps. I'm asking people to observe this and then remember that racism and hate crimes CAN in fact be committed by minorities. And that the "racism" won't go away when one side constantly and openly spews racism and division while claiming to be "tolerant." It won't go away when they try to "gloss over" this stuff.

Reminds me of a Louis Lamour Quote: "in order for their to be peace, both sides have to put down their guns."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, i didn't need this tragedy to know that black people can be racist.

Back
Top Bottom