• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

4 in custody after mentally disabled man tied up, tortured on Facebook Live

I predict plea deals for all of them, as first offenders, after the news coverage drops off - this is already being played down as "kids" acting stupidly by Chicago LEOs (no charges yet).

Yeah, I heard law enforcement. This isn't a prank. This was a serious crime done by at least one sociopath and followed by three others.

LOL you think this is only an 8 year thing? This goes back hundreds of years.

I'm not talking about a century ago, I'm talking about in the modern era since civil rights legislation.

No it is not. Promoting the racial aspect instead of the crime instead, means that the racial aspect becomes more important than the crime. This is wrong.

We have federal hate crime laws... when a group of people of one race, commits acts of violence against a member of another race while shouting derogatory racial comments at that person, that elevates what they did from being simply a violent crime, to a hate crime. What that video depicted was a hate crime, so the racial aspect was part of the crime itself that can't be ignored.

You are in utter denial. Yes we are not in the 1960s anymore when it comes to race, but saying that everything is okay because it has been shrinking for 4 decades is idiotic.

I never said or implied in any way, that everything is ok. In fact, I believe I made it pretty clear that things are not ok.

A retraction is in order, but doing the right thing is a choice you must make.

You still divide your citizens based on race or ethnicity. A small thing like statistics.. everything is based on White, Hispanic, Black, Asian and others. Instead of "A man attacks another man" then it is a "a black-American attacked a black-American". You define yourselves based on race and ethnicity still and that is the core problem. Yes racism is not out in the open anymore as it once was, but come on .. stop kidding yourself. The people who grew up in the 60s are still around and it is rare that people change their spots when it comes to this kind of stuff. Their children have grown up with such parents and whole communities still very much divided based on race and of course it does not help that the "official parts" of your society still use race and ethnicity in official documents and statistics.

What does that have to do with what I said?

Nothing... that's what.

It doesn't change the fact that for the first time in nearly 50 years the racial divide in America has widened... and we have Obama, democrats and far left liberals to blame for the hateful brand of racial politics they adopted shortly after Obama took office.

raceRelations2.jpg

But this incident was at the very least somewhat racially motivated (also politically motivated).

That much cannot be denied.

From what I could tell it was certainly a hate crime. I'm not sure about the "Political Motivation" part though. IF some KKK'ers were beating on a black guy and shouting this is for Obama, it would not necessarily be politically motivated. It would just more racial hate bs.

The blame is on all Americans that continue to define people based on race... The article should have said 4 men jailed for torturing mentally handicapped man. That is the crime.. not that one was white or the others were black or green.

As long as American continues to put people in racial categories on pretty much everything, the longer the racial problems will continue.

Lol, you only say this because it was four black people committing a crime against a white person.

. The Chicago Police Commander in charge of the investigation said, " "Although they are adults, they're 18. Kids make stupid decisions -- I shouldn't call them kids, they're legally adults, but they're young adults and they make stupid decisions," Duffin said.
"That certainly will be part of whether or not ... we seek a hate crime, to determine whether or not this is sincere or just stupid ranting and raving."

This was after watching the video. If this is representative of the Chicago Police Department then it gives a pretty clear illustration of why that city is in such bad shape.

I doubt that there would be any hesitation about calling this a hate crime if the racial roles were reversed.

I doubt that there would be any hesitation about calling this a hate crime if the racial roles were reversed.

They almost never immediately state whether or nor they will pursue hate crime charges.

LOL you think this is only an 8 year thing? This goes back hundreds of years.

No it is not. Promoting the racial aspect instead of the crime instead, means that the racial aspect becomes more important than the crime. This is wrong.

You are in utter denial. Yes we are not in the 1960s anymore when it comes to race, but saying that everything is okay because it has been shrinking for 4 decades is idiotic. You still divide your citizens based on race or ethnicity. A small thing like statistics.. everything is based on White, Hispanic, Black, Asian and others. Instead of "A man attacks another man" then it is a "a black-American attacked a black-American". You define yourselves based on race and ethnicity still and that is the core problem. Yes racism is not out in the open anymore as it once was, but come on .. stop kidding yourself. The people who grew up in the 60s are still around and it is rare that people change their spots when it comes to this kind of stuff. Their children have grown up with such parents and whole communities still very much divided based on race and of course it does not help that the "official parts" of your society still use race and ethnicity in official documents and statistics.

So it is irrelevant that this was racially motivated? I get where you are coming from, but you can't hide your head in the sand on this either. This incident is proof that black people aren't just "victims." And the problem will NEVER go away unless the left acknowledges this.

But do you understand why the left will NEVER acknowledge this?

2d78a8382a0e24faf99574d92e33755e.jpg

It hurts their voting block. They can't give up the race card. So if you want to talk about dropping the race card, incidents like the above need to be acknowledged. It needs to be seen that black or white...anyone can be racist. And it is ugly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So it is irrelevant that this was racially motivated? I get where you are coming from, but you can't hide your head in the sand on this either. This incident is proof that black people aren't just "victims." And the problem will NEVER go away unless the left acknowledges this.

But do you understand why the left will NEVER acknowledge this?

2d78a8382a0e24faf99574d92e33755e.jpg

It hurts their voting block. They can't give up the race card. So if you want to talk about dropping the race card, incidents like the above need to be acknowledged. It needs to be seen that black or white...anyone can be racist. And it is ugly.

Why would anyone acknowledge something that no credible evidence exists for?

Lol, you only say this because it was four black people committing a crime against a white person.

Hell no. For me race is irrelevant. All this case proves, is that racism not only goes both ways but is still very present in the US. In fact, this for me, has far more to do with the fact that a mentally handicapped person was attacked by a bunch of bullies.

I'm not talking about a century ago, I'm talking about in the modern era since civil rights legislation.

Yes and just because you make a law banning racial segregation and similar, does not mean that the feelings and opinions behind this racism goes away quickly. Oh and is it not the right that wants to get rid of civil rights legislation?

We have federal hate crime laws... when a group of people of one race, commits acts of violence against a member of another race while shouting derogatory racial comments at that person, that elevates what they did from being simply a violent crime, to a hate crime. What that video depicted was a hate crime, so the racial aspect was part of the crime itself that can't be ignored.

This was as much a crime against the handicapped, if not more, than it was a race crime.

I never said or implied in any way, that everything is ok. In fact, I believe I made it pretty clear that things are not ok.

Yes by blaming Obama and the left. That is bull****. It is the right that is the problem when it comes to race. From trying to deny black people the vote in North Carolina, to having an almost all white Congressional members.. it is always the right that have a problem with race as they use it constantly as an excuse. Hell on these board (might even have been from you), we have seen right wingers state in thread "but if we take the black population out of the statistic then" (or something similar). I remember it when discussing healthcare, abortion and many other things.. even life expectancy. So stop being so much denial about your own side of the political divide.

The right wing zombies are using this crime to push a political narrative...gee what a shocker.

Yes and just because you make a law banning racial segregation and similar, does not mean that the feelings and opinions behind this racism goes away quickly. Oh and is it not the right that wants to get rid of civil rights legislation?

This was as much a crime against the handicapped, if not more, than it was a race crime.

Yes by blaming Obama and the left. That is bull****. It is the right that is the problem when it comes to race. From trying to deny black people the vote in North Carolina, to having an almost all white Congressional members.. it is always the right that have a problem with race as they use it constantly as an excuse. Hell on these board (might even have been from you), we have seen right wingers state in thread "but if we take the black population out of the statistic then" (or something similar). I remember it when discussing healthcare, abortion and many other things.. even life expectancy. So stop being so much denial about your own side of the political divide.

Well, he's right about race relations getting worse under Obama, but he's blaming the wrong people. In fact, Trump winning the presidency had a lot to do with Obama being elected. If Obama wasn't elected in 2008, Donald Trump would have never won the presidency in 2016, IMO.

The blame is on all Americans that continue to define people based on race... The article should have said 4 men jailed for torturing mentally handicapped man. That is the crime.. not that one was white or the others were black or green.

As long as American continues to put people in racial categories on pretty much everything, the longer the racial problems will continue.

I mostly blame the media. Without that, nothing for the politicians to take advantage of. Most "news" consumers here are more mentally challenged than the disabled kid - too stupid to see past the immediately visible

But another factor that probably motivated the crime itself that shouldn't be overlooked - this country does have a deplorable history on race relations that can't be overcome, even without the media, so long as there's massive segregation and 1/3 black men go to jail. These problems sustain the perception of racial wars, even though slavery and riots are long past us

4 in custody after mentally disabled man tied up, tortured on Facebook Live | WFLD

I blame the Democrat's inflammatory racial rhetoric.

"My favorite part about the Obama era is all the racial healing." - Jon Gabriel

What has Obama and Lynch had to say about this? It's his backyard, where he was a Community Organizer. What a great job he did there, sure fire reason to elevate him to office.

Let me make a bold statement. If this was a minority kid, Obama would be lecturing us about what a terrible, racist country we are and Lynch would be warning us that she would go after anyone that was even called a name at school.

Oh, wait, white kid? Disabled? Forget about it, back to the golf course.

Please post the Democrat's (we are talking about politicians, correct?) inflammatory racial rhetoric, because I don't believe it exists.

They know that after all the racism by republicans, they don't even need to try in order to win 98% of the black vote, much less risk antagonizing their own white voters by revolving their campaigns around "kill whitey!"

Because it was a racially motivated hate crime. And you could bet your ass there would be a huge uproar and protestors in the street if this were reversed. The fact is...people seem to be very in the dark on how racist black culture can be.

And no. That doesn't mean all blacks. It just means that this administration has coddled it, fed it, and given people an excuse to act this way. And if you asked the animals who did this? They would justify their behavior like they were the victims.

They're teenagers. They don't need politicians to incite anything, and if they had an excuse, they wouldn't be in jail now. But if we must go down this uninspiring path, you might want to consider why hate groups like the KKK and alt right fervently support Trump. As if the republicans haven't perpetuated racism ever, yeah right

What has Obama and Lynch had to say about this? It's his backyard, where he was a Community Organizer. What a great job he did there, sure fire reason to elevate him to office.

Let me make a bold statement. If this was a minority kid, Obama would be lecturing us about what a terrible, racist country we are and Lynch would be warning us that she would go after anyone that was even called a name at school.

Oh, wait, white kid? Disabled? Forget about it, back to the golf course.

Obama never commented on this story: Brutal teens 'kill and try to dismember' two men in trap at their home in Joliet | Daily Mail Online

narrative destroyed.

The mentally handicapped are often abused by others. It's almost like they think that it's not like they are abusing a real person.

This poor man

James Earl Byrd

Amy Robinson

Back
Top Bottom