• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

4 High-Protein Pastas Perfect for Recovery

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
The problem: Traditional white pasta is sky-high in simple carbs and low in protein and fiber, which can lead to erratic spikes and dips in blood sugar—but you already knew that. What you probably didn’t know: There are some pretty kick-ass new pastas on the market that taste like the real deal, but pack a wallop of protein and fiber, thanks to ingredients like lentils, edamame, chickpeas, beans, and almonds. And those proteins are great for postrace muscle recovery.

Here are 4 of our favorites that are reinventing this classic pantry staple.

4 High-Protein Pastas Perfect for Recovery : 4 High-Protein Pastas Perfect for Recovery | Runner's World

The problem: Traditional white pasta is sky-high in simple carbs and low in protein and fiber, which can lead to erratic spikes and dips in blood sugar—but you already knew that. What you probably didn’t know: There are some pretty kick-ass new pastas on the market that taste like the real deal, but pack a wallop of protein and fiber, thanks to ingredients like lentils, edamame, chickpeas, beans, and almonds. And those proteins are great for postrace muscle recovery.

4 High-Protein Pastas Perfect for Recovery : 4 High-Protein Pastas Perfect for Recovery | Runner's World

Not as good as creatine which you can find in some nice tasty red meat

1_6.jpg

Actually whenever I measure pasta out for one of my one-pot meals, I am banking on the carbs.

The protein is in the meat already in the one-pot meal -- usually beef or sea food.

I also add a handful of frozen vegies for vitamins and fiber.

Then I blend some berries for a fruit drink.

That gives me protein, carbs, vegies, and fruit -- 4 entire food groups.

I don't need protein in my pasta. There is plenty of protein in my meats.

Do you ever have an original thought, or are you content to simply cut and paste the thoughts of others? :roll:

My blood sugar is always fine.

A modified Atkins plan with a variety of carbohydrates and veggies sound just right.

Do you ever have an original thought, or are you content to simply cut and paste the thoughts of others? :roll:

if you aren't interested in the topic, please pass the thread on by. don't be an ankle biting jerk.

A modified Atkins plan with a variety of carbohydrates and veggies sound just right.

so you're agreeing with the food the article suggests? hard to understand your comment

Back
Top Bottom