• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

4 Deaths in 24 hour period

Grand Mal

Russian warship, go f*** yourself!
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Getting close. 4 new deaths in the last 24 hour period...

Coronavirus Update (Live): 10,000,559 Cases and 498,954 Deaths from COVID-19 Virus Pandemic - Worldometer

We've been in single digits before recently but 4 is the lowest in months. Not long ago under a hundred was good.
Canada Day is Wednesday. Could we have a zero deaths day by then?

Grand Mal:

Hope, smarts and physical distancing combined with wearing protection (PPE) may get us there. It's a worthy goal to shoot for.

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy.

Getting close. 4 new deaths in the last 24 hour period...

Coronavirus Update (Live): 10,000,559 Cases and 498,954 Deaths from COVID-19 Virus Pandemic - Worldometer

We've been in single digits before recently but 4 is the lowest in months. Not long ago under a hundred was good.
Canada Day is Wednesday. Could we have a zero deaths day by then?

Canada has done a very good job in dropping the curve. In your opinion, what has your country successfully done that America has not?

Canada has done a very good job in dropping the curve. In your opinion, what has your country successfully done that America has not?

Xlink:

We believe the SARS-CoV-2 virion is a very dangerous pathogen. We have willingly taken on the responsibility of protecting ourselves and our neighbours by listening to and following well-considered public health guidelines and regulations. We've had some disasters like in Montreal and to a lesser extent Toronto, but we have taken the threat of the pandemic seriously and acted accordingly. We have balanced our rights with our responsibilities and we have protected our communities as a whole as best we could. Now we are very cautiously opening up after lockdown, region by region, where low infection and mortality rates make such loosening possible.

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy.

I don't know. One difference, maybe, is it's easier to have a national policy with everyone on the same page when you have a tenth of the population. The pattern has been the same with the dense population areas being the early hot spots. Here, British Columbia, we lucked out a bit by having our spring break land a week later than in Quebec and during that week the seriousness became known so we had the safety protocols in place before the holiday happened.
It's not a partisan issue If that makes a difference. The Conservative premier of Ontario, the NDP premier of BC and the Liberal Prime Minister have all been 'with the program'.

I want to think that most Canadians are simply doing their civic duties voluntarily and willingly.
To so many, it's not about constitutional right. It's about protecting others.

I say this with respect not as an insult, why mount a death watch? Not a healthy head space man.

Death watch? Waiting for the day we have no covid 19 deaths is a death watch?
Not the way I understand the term. I've been following the progress of the efforts against the virus and the only benchmarks are infection and death, which sounds like a gruesome thing to follow but since the point has been to track the numbers along the way to zero, it's more of a 'life watch', way I see it.

I want to think that most Canadians are simply doing their civic duties voluntarily and willingly.
To so many, it's not about constitutional right. It's about protecting others.

I would add,

The Canadian political leadership has for the most part kept a consistent message regarding the virus. We did not have the federal government saying provinces were shutting down too much and taking away the rights of Canadians. Overall all levels of government were on board with actions some like Sask did not close down very much and open up earlier.

By not having conflicting messages from the governments made it clearer for the public to understand and follow guidelines. Here we also had the Fire dept go around and remind people to follow social distancing guidelines in a fire truck setting of their siren to remind people

Not the way I understand the term. I've been following the progress of the efforts against the virus and the only benchmarks are infection and death, which sounds like a gruesome thing to follow but since the point has been to track the numbers along the way to zero, it's more of a 'life watch', way I see it.

I mean no disrespect but here is my point. There will NEVER be a day when people do not die of a virus. Even if they come up with a vaccine for Covid 19, there will be more and more viruses. Viruses and death are a part of life.

The media has made it seem as if Covid 19 is a unique phenomena to worry about. Today as we speak someone dies every 10 seconds and people will die from a plethora of viruses and diseases far more deadly than Covid 19, whether they be cancer, diseases of the organs like kindey, liver heart, lungs, brain, immunity disorders, muscular wasting diseases such as MD, MS, ALS, inherited diseases like Huntington's Chorea, and then a plethora of viruses bacterias, fungii, by car accidents, domestic violence, war, crime. The majority of people who die usually are dying from malnutrition and related conditions such as typhoid fever, malaria, dengue fever, cholera and e-coli, sexually transmitted viruses, congenital birth defects.

Do you keep an eye on those death rates and wish for the day they won't exist as well? Of course not. So the question is why does this one virus preoccupy you to the point that you watch it as closely as you do? Is it because you feel its unique and its not a situation humanity has faced before?

My point is about perspective. The media has distorted it and I challenge whether you and others do because of what the media has fed you. The media obsesses over it excluding all other stories. Since Covid 19 has hit, the media limited from travel other than the Lloyd shooting and the usual dose of Trump each day,covers what?

Thousands upon millions of people die everyday and the media does not mention the stories of such people and you focus on Covid 19. Obsessing over whether a disease will be cured or not won't make them go away, just perhaps the one you have focused on. In the long run why not focus on something else as well?

That is my point. Up to point of course its an important story. But to zap out the rest of life and have it be your major focus? You are missing out on life man.

Last edited:

People die continuously. Phack the focus on Covid 19 DEATH rates.

Why would someone sit watching death rates? Would someone embracing life do that?

Death is part of life. To fear it means sitting around focusing on it. To shed the fear of death one must learn to grasp the moment. Most of us never do until we are told we are terminal and even then it's a struggle to learn.

Phack covid death rates. I just finished watching the sun rise, walking my dogs, having a skunk give me a look like Melania Trump, a coffee, and discussion with my dogs on why humans
will lick someone else's butt but not their own.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom