• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

4 dead in a lethal terror attack near hebron

ido_

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
The car was ambushed and later on the terrorists confirmed the death of the victims by shooting them from close range.

4 Israelis killed in shooting attack - Israel News, Ynetnews

This comes only two days after 2 families were attacked by Palestinians in Qalandiya after taking the wrong turn.

2 families attacked in Qalandiya after losing their way - Israel News, Ynetnews

Some Palestinians will just do anything to distrupt the coming peace talks, luckly unlike the Palestinan goverment, our goverment isn't looking for a reason to drop off the talks

Brought to us by the Practioners of the Religion of Peace.

The car was ambushed and later on the terrorists confirmed the death of the victims by shooting them from close range.

This comes only two days after 2 families were attacked by Palestinians in Qalandiya after taking the wrong turn.

Some Palestinians will just do anything to distrupt the coming peace talks, luckly unlike the Palestinan goverment, our goverment isn't looking for a reason to drop off the talks

Are you surprised that there has been so little response to this posting. Where are the apologists when we really need them.

Pretty horrible bad news on the eve of talks. This helps no one except those determined that the negotiations will fail before they've even started. Of course, we can't jump the gun and lay it at Hamas' door just yet, but it would make sense. They are as determined that Abbas fails in his peace mission as they are determined Netanyahu should fail. If the hard-liners succeed, everyone loses.

Pretty horrible bad news on the eve of talks. This helps no one except those determined that the negotiations will fail before they've even started. Of course, we can't jump the gun and lay it at Hamas' door just yet, but it would make sense. They are as determined that Abbas fails in his peace mission as they are determined Netanyahu should fail. If the hard-liners succeed, everyone loses.

I understand that Hamas has already taken "credit" for this. I wonder if there will be a U.N. resolution deploring the action.

Are you surprised that there has been so little response to this posting. Where are the apologists when we really need them.

Yep.

Several months ago, one poster who is thankfully no longer here supported actions such as these saying it was "doing what needs to be done". More recently, a poster who is still here justified such killing by claiming the shared ethnicity between the victims and those he claimed were involved in "stealing" land warranted their death.

When real people die in situations such as these, the responsibility for their death extends to those apologists who use specious arguments in such a way so as to support it.

Yep.

Several months ago, one poster who is thankfully no longer here supported actions such as these saying it was "doing what needs to be done". More recently, a poster who is still here justified such killing by claiming the shared ethnicity between the victims and those he claimed were involved in "stealing" land warranted their death.

When real people die in situations such as these, the responsibility for their death extends to those apologists who use specious arguments in such a way so as to support it.

Wow. I had not seen either one of the messages mentioned above. In the second case, how is it possible for that person to still be able to post here.

I understand that Hamas has already taken "credit" for this. I wonder if there will be a U.N. resolution deploring the action.

I believe they haven't, yet.

As far as UN resolutions go, I think that the GA would be in session continually if they were to be making resolutions on every terrorist murder that take place. Just did a quick whoosh through the BBC News site and counted 11 incidents in the past week. The narco-terrorist murder of 72 Latin Americans in Mexico being just the worst. Jeez, anyone else feeling this depressed?

Yep.

Post the link and call him out on it. Having said that, a lot of people get away with a lot of violent talk here and do get away with it.

Hamas has taken responsibility for the actions, saying there are more to come. This sounds like an attempt to derail the current peace talks.

My first reaction to this is that violence against civilians on both sides should obviously be condemned universally as a blatant violation of human rights.

My second reaction is that in polarized situations like the Israel/Palestine conflict, the painting of the "enemy" as an other that is not only monolithic but also inherently guilty by association is common and happens on both sides quite frequently. This is a very common political move utilized in order to rally support against a common enemy; it has been used in the majority of wars throughout history. In fact I'm not really sure if you can call it a "political move" as such because of the fact that this is not only consciously nurtured but also arises out of the development of the conditions at the time.

My third reaction to this is that it is somewhat strange for Hamas to be carrying out these attacks during the peace talks, as if they were attempting to have an affect on them, when in reality the peace talks are inevitably going to fall apart due to Netanyahu reneging on his offer to cease the encroachment of illegal settlements onto Palestinian land. This will certainly cause a lot of disappointment in the Palestinians (common after this happens) which would both damage the credibility of Abbas and Fatah and would invariably open up further support for Hamas.

We are seeing an increase of extremism on both the side of the Israelis and the Palestinians. With Hamas consolidating its support base as it has been recently, and with Israel becoming more polarized not only on the issue of Palestine/Hamas but simply more extremist in general, we will see an increase in both the tensions and hostilities in the near future.

Now, please carry on attacking Hamas and whining about the liberals who support them. I just wanted to add some actual substance to this thread before it degenerates further.

Hamas has taken responsibility for the actions, saying there are more to come. This sounds like an attempt to derail the current peace talks.

My first reaction to this is that violence against civilians on both sides should obviously be condemned universally as a blatant violation of human rights.

My second reaction is that in polarized situations like the Israel/Palestine conflict, the painting of the "enemy" as an other that is not only monolithic but also inherently guilty by association is common and happens on both sides quite frequently. This is a very common political move utilized in order to rally support against a common enemy; it has been used in the majority of wars throughout history. In fact I'm not really sure if you can call it a "political move" as such because of the fact that this is not only consciously nurtured but also arises out of the development of the conditions at the time.

My third reaction to this is that it is somewhat strange for Hamas to be carrying out these attacks during the peace talks, as if they were attempting to have an affect on them, when in reality the peace talks are inevitably going to fall apart due to Netanyahu reneging on his offer to cease the encroachment of illegal settlements onto Palestinian land. This will certainly cause a lot of disappointment in the Palestinians (common after this happens) which would both damage the credibility of Abbas and Fatah and would invariably open up further support for Hamas.

We are seeing an increase of extremism on both the side of the Israelis and the Palestinians. With Hamas consolidating its support base as it has been recently, and with Israel becoming more polarized not only on the issue of Palestine/Hamas but simply more extremist in general, we will see an increase in both the tensions and hostilities in the near future.

Now, please carry on attacking Hamas and whining about the liberals who support them. I just wanted to add some actual substance to this thread before it degenerates further.

Now we are getting somewhere! Out of the woodwork we get someone who finds a logic in killing 2 couples driving in a car. With one of the women pregnant.

It is sad that people who want to call themselves liberals can understand this type of murder. Seems like the word liberal has been turned on it's head by people with hatred and use tortured logic to support the most vile acts.

washunut said:
Now we are getting somewhere! Out of the woodwork we get someone who finds a logic in killing 2 couples driving in a car. With one of the women pregnant.

What on earth are you talking about? You very clearly didn't even read my post.

Wow, what a hilarious and completely predictable post....

Is there a thread this poster is not trolling in? And I took note of how this poster ignores posts that embarrass them in their lies, or they just disappear for days at a time when exposed for lying...

Moderator's Warning:
We're here to discuss the topic, not other posters.

There were already quite a few terror organizations that were taking responsibility for what they describe "an heroic, glorious act", Hamas included.
The monsters need to be found and punished, the peace talks however will fortunately not be damaged by those barbaric terrorists since the government has no interest to avoid the peace talks, and since that's exactly what the terrorists would want.

And now I hear Palestinian children are celebrating this attack. ****ing repulsive.

Last edited:
Apocalypse said:
The monsters need to be found and punished, the peace talks however will fortunately not be damaged by those barbaric terrorists since the government has no interest to avoid the peace talks, and since that's exactly what the terrorists would want.

How long do you think it will be before the peace talks fall apart (which they are inevitably bound to do)?

How long do you think it will be before the peace talks fall apart (which they are inevitably bound to do)?

I have no idea, I have no intention to throw wild guesses, and I hope that they won't fall apart. I can't see the Israeli government withdrawing from the peace talks, not even after such terror attacks.

Just remember this the next time Shas's ministers announce a building of new houses in Jerusalem without consulting the PM on eve of talks.

Just remember this the next time Shas's ministers announce a building of new houses in Jerusalem without consulting the PM on eve of talks.

Remember that there are forces on both sides determined that peace attempts should fail? I never doubted it for a second. But what point are you trying to make? You're not finding parallels between the actions of government ministers and those of a terrorist cell, are you?

Remember that there are forces on both sides determined that peace attempts should fail? I never doubted it for a second. But what point are you trying to make? You're not finding parallels between the actions of government ministers and those of a terrorist cell, are you?

He's also not finding parallels between the building of a house and the brutal murder of civilians.

Nevertheless this is not any terror cell, it is the Palestinian government of Gaza.

Last edited:
He's also not finding parallels between the building of a house and the brutal murder of civilians..

exactly, I had that answear in my sleeve as I knew this would be the reaction :)

Andalublue said:

Good. There will always be forces that will try to underline those peace talks if it is in order to get headlines and publicity or if it is because they have much to loose from if such a peace agreement will be reached. We must not let those forces determine our future and do not use them as an excuse to run away from peace talks.

Last edited:
He's also not finding parallels between the building of a house and the brutal murder of civilians.

Nevertheless this is not any terror cell, it is the Palestinian government of Gaza.

Illegal house-building is an attack on someone else's property, not right but not comparable with murder. I certainly have not tried to draw parallels. The Hamas action is both brutal and clearly aimed at derailing negotiations, as Salam Fayyad said, "it is against Palestinian interests" and serves only to strengthen the extremists' isolation from the peace process.

Earlier, Hamas spokesman Sami Abu-Zuhri said the attack had been "a natural response to the crimes of the occupation". - BBC
There's nothing natural about murder, whoever commits it, for whatever purported reason. I think we're all in agreement here, aren't we?

Illegal house-building is an attack on someone else's property, not right but not comparable with murder. I certainly have not tried to draw parallels. The Hamas action is both brutal and clearly aimed at derailing negotiations, as Salam Fayyad said, "it is against Palestinian interests" and serves only to strengthen the extremists' isolation from the peace process.

Indeed, but Hamas can't draw Israel out of the peace talks by targeting its civilians. Their monstrous actions will merely cause a reaction from Israel and will escalate the Gaza conflict. Perhaps when that happens the Palestinians will be the ones withdrawing from the talks and Hamas will acheive their goal, I really can't see them expecting Israel to withdraw from the peace talks when it was made clear that the peace talks is a top Israeli interest.

Indeed, but Hamas can't draw Israel out of the peace talks by targeting its civilians. Their monstrous actions will merely cause a reaction from Israel and will escalate the Gaza conflict. Perhaps when that happens the Palestinians will be the ones withdrawing from the talks and Hamas will acheive their goal, I really can't see them expecting Israel to withdraw from the peace talks when it was made clear that the peace talks is a top Israeli interest.

what are you suggesting here. Please be more explicit.

Well, let's pray that Israel can maintain that position and avoid permitting Hamas to escalate the violence.

Back
Top Bottom