• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

4 charged in plot to attack Muslim community named Islamberg

TU Curmudgeon

B.A. (Sarc), LLb. (Lex Sarcasus), PhD (Sarc.)
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
From Associated Press

4 charged in plot to attack Muslim community named Islamberg

ROCHESTER, N.Y. (AP) — Three men and a high school student were charged with plotting to attack a rural upstate New York Muslim community named Islamberg with explosives, authorities said Tuesday.

The Rochester-area residents are accused of plotting to attack the small Muslim enclave west of the Catskills, according to court papers.

The timing of the attack was unknown. At the time of their weekend arrests, the men, three of whom were in Boy Scouts together, had access to 23 rifles and shotguns and three home-made explosives, Greece Police Chief Patrick Phelan said at a press conference.

“I don’t know that there was a specific date. They had a plan in place,” Phelan said.

He did not rule out the possibility of additional arrests.

COMMENT:-

I wonder if they are going to justify their actions by claiming that they couldn't get laid. Or maybe their line will be "De Debil made me do it." (sorry "Flip").

"Islamberg" huh? I think I would have gone with Catskillabad...or Rochestabad.

Back
Top Bottom