• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

4- Charged for Attempt to Tear Down Andrew Jackson Statue

You got it. Your family is kind of like mine. My Grandfather was in France during WWI, my dad in the Pacific during WWII, no one in Korea that I know of. Myself in Vietnam and Laos, one of my Grandson's in Afghanistan. Somehow, my son missed the parade.

I'm a weird one, I was drafted in 1966, found the army easier than working on the farm and in an old pig iron foundry. I made it a career, 21 years active duty, then another 26 working for the army as a department of the army civilian. Completely retired now. Just memories. If I hadn't been drafted, I probably would never have joined the army. Such is fate, luck or whatever.

probably fate...the military in my family seem to think it is hard to know what else to do once you have been in the military.

we have history books for that..and museums as well as private collections...tax payer dollars should not be spent on anything like this.

well I am going to agree to disagree there.

Its not okay to destroy any property that isnt yours, including public property and statues. Arrests and charges are warranted but punishment should fit the crime or attempted crime in any of these cases.

If you find something offensive, go through the proper process. If that doesn't solve the problem, deal with it. As I've told those against gay rights hundreds of times, there is no right to not be offended, and it applies to every side of the political spectrum.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

you will just have to disagree then...we should not be using tax dollars for inanimate objects that have zero value to the general welfare of this country.
There goes the national parks, museums, and libraries.

I deny it has a meaningful existence. But nazis need them very badly. Nazis must prop them up. Nazis rely on the antifa boogeyman to cover for them.

Antifa is a nazi obsession. Believing antifa is being defeated is a nazi fantasy.

Antifa has a far more meaningful existence in america than any nazis. The democrats need them very badly. The democrrats must prop them up. Democrats rely on the nazi boogeyman to cover for them.

Antifa has a far more meaningful existence in america than any nazis. The democrats need them very badly. The democrrats must prop them up. Democrats rely on the nazi boogeyman to cover for them.
Antifa is the militant wing of the Democratic Party, like the KKK before them. That's why Democrats are largely silent on their atrocities.

Antifa is the militant wing of the Democratic Party, like the KKK before them. That's why Democrats are largely silent on their atrocities.

actually, Antifa doesn't exist. It is a thought or idea...if you are fascist you aren't antifa...if you do not like fascists you are antifa.

National parts, museums and libraries all have legitimate benefit to the people...a statue does not benefit you or the government in any fashion.
In fact the National Parks are now declared to be 'racist'. So the country has already moved on from racist statues, or 'inanimate objects' as you call them, to racist mountains, rivers, canyons and trees. Some people may find a mountain not to have much 'legitimate benefit' so perhaps people could take it upon themselves to destroy them also. And of course we can't allow any more hugging of those racist trees. "Interior: Racist Roots, Lack Of Diversity Haunt National Parks" | SEJ

actually, Antifa doesn't exist. It is a thought or idea...if you are fascist you aren't antifa...if you do not like fascists you are antifa.
If you have a name for them how can they possibly not exist?

If you have a name for them how can they possibly not exist?

the word or definition is literally anti fascist shortened...
The English word antifa is a loanword from the German Antifa, taken as a shortened form of the word antifaschistisch ("anti-fascist") and a nickname of Antifaschistische Aktion (1932–1933), a short-lived group which inspired the wider Antifa movement in Germany.
Military practice by the local Communist Antifascist Society was broken up last night by police near the suburb of Heidemuehle. All members of the society, which is known as Antifa, were arrested and police are investigating purposes of the military practice, which they had suspected for a long time was taking place.
— The Daily Boston Globe, 20 Oct. 1930

'Antifa': the Word's Meaning, History, and Pronunciation | Merriam-Webster

the word or definition is literally anti fascist shortened...
The English word antifa is a loanword from the German Antifa, taken as a shortened form of the word antifaschistisch ("anti-fascist") and a nickname of Antifaschistische Aktion (1932–1933), a short-lived group which inspired the wider Antifa movement in Germany.
Military practice by the local Communist Antifascist Society was broken up last night by police near the suburb of Heidemuehle. All members of the society, which is known as Antifa, were arrested and police are investigating purposes of the military practice, which they had suspected for a long time was taking place.
— The Daily Boston Globe, 20 Oct. 1930

'Antifa': the Word's Meaning, History, and Pronunciation | Merriam-Webster
Fascists destroyed millions of dollars worth of property to prevent Ann Coulter and Ben Shapiro from speaking at Berkeley.. Too bad there weren't some anti Fascists around at the time to protect the rights of free speech and peaceful assembly. Perhaps they could have protected Andy Ngo from the fascist scum also.

Back
Top Bottom