• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

4- Charged for Attempt to Tear Down Andrew Jackson Statue

Andrew Jackson was the person who instituted the acts that led to the Trail of Tears...are you denying that? Since he marched Native American Indians to Concentration camps and relocated them by force, stealing their land and giving it to whites...that makes him Hitler. Are you really trying to deny that occurred?

btw, if you don't like the rules here, you are always free to leave and create your own board.

How can I be denying something that I have not mentioned? Why do you not say that Hitler was essentially Andrew Jackson, since Andrew Jackson was around far before Hitler?

I did too and after 53 years, still happily married. Ross wasn't successful in his attempt to deliver the Christmas Presents. He choose Vientiane because it had both a North Vietnamese Embassy and an American one. He took the Christmas Presents over to the North Vietnamese Embassy loaded in the back of five or six Lao Army deuce and half's. But the North Vietnamese Ambassador refused to meet with him. I have always remembered that.

I was stationed in Thailand from May of 1967 to Aug 1969, the Laos Aug 1969 thru May 1971, Vietnam May 1971 until March 1973 when the Paris Peace Pact sent us army guys packing. But it was back to Thailand from March 1973 until July 1976. Quite an Experience.

I bet so. I was born in 1971, so when that was ocurring, I was still just a child and I have little memory of most of it. I do remember some of the Nixon stuff for some odd reason and I remember Reagan being shot. I also remember the gas crisis during Carter, but it is from the memory of a child at the time...so it is partial and it helps me to read the history on it often. My father was in Vietnam, my grandfather in Korea and a great grandfather died in WWII.
I am not far from Georgia..I live 40 minutes from Charleston,SC...we will have to get together for a Starbucks Americano one of these days, my treat...and I would love to hear those stories....when and if things ever go back to normal.

How can I be denying something that I have not mentioned? Why do you not say that Hitler was essentially Andrew Jackson, since Andrew Jackson was around far before Hitler?

His actions were similar to Hitlers, except he didn't go after 'jews and communists' he went after Native American Indians and sympathizers. You seem to want to ignore his actions...but you aren't erasing them...your lack of knowledge isn't lost on others...it seems pretty damn intentional at this point.

i believe statues are idolatry as a Christian and as the laws of the Bible mandate that they are. Is the statue not made of stone? Is it not a graven image? It is all of those things and was made as something to revere..it is idolatry. Nope, Jesus came and changed much of that...I am not Jewish... he, however, did not alter the 10 commandments. Do you think that we aren't beholden to the 10 Commandments?

So, the golden calf does not count because it was not stone? What about a cast metal statue, it is not stone nor graven, is that kind cool? Maybe instead of trying to catch people against unlawful statue destruction in some scripture trap, you can give us your thoughts on whether you believe unlawful destruction of property is a good idea or not.

So, the golden calf does not count because it was not stone? What about a cast metal statue, it is not stone nor graven, is that kind cool? Maybe instead of trying to catch people against unlawful statue destruction in some scripture trap, you can give us your thoughts on whether you believe unlawful destruction of property is a good idea or not.

It was a graven image...so, yes, it counts. Anything that is made in the image as stated is idolatry. You are placing the statue in HONOR of that person...the only person we revere or honor is God...if the person is Christian, that is.

I am quoting the 10 Commandments, the basis for Christian beliefs and laws. So, if you were an actual Christian you would know that. btw, After I have told you I am Christian, attacking me on that is considered a personal attack and a violation of the rules here. I would suggest you consider another modus operandi. I have been a Christian my entire life and know the bible better than any of these fake Christians that follow Trump as their god.
I can believe your claims or not. If you're an adherent to the Old Testament who quotes Leviticus then how do you feel about Gays? What does Leviticus have to say on that?

It was a graven image...so, yes, it counts. Anything that is made in the image as stated is idolatry. You are placing the statue in HONOR of that person...the only person we revere or honor is God...if the person is Christian, that is.
Honoring someone is not the same as idolatry, and you needn't be a Christian to erect a statue. They're in non-Christian countries also, and existed long before Christ was even born.

His actions were similar to Hitlers, except he didn't go after 'jews and communists' he went after Native American Indians and sympathizers. You seem to want to ignore his actions...but you aren't erasing them...your lack of knowledge isn't lost on others...it seems pretty damn intentional at this point.

Of course I am ignoring his actions. They are completely irrelevant to anything I am saying. In what way am I showing a "lack of knowledge"? I have not addressed Andrew Jackson's history not because I am unaware of it, but because it has nothing to do with any of my points.

Deleted.

Last edited:

The definition of graven is 1. carved; sculptured. Graven image is 1. an object of worship carved usually from wood or stone.
Honoring someone does not equate to worshiping them. We are told, in the same set of commandments, to honor our parents. That is in conflict with your understanding of the commandments.

I can believe your claims or not. If you're an adherent to the Old Testament who quotes Leviticus then how do you feel about Gays? What does Leviticus have to say on that?

I am not God, so if a person is gay, it is none of my business and that is between him and God. It is the same with a non believer, adulterer or what have you not my business...I worry about ME and only me. Also, while you are quick to talk about gays...you forgot about the adulterer in the White House.

Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you.

Hitler and Leviticus seem to offer inspiration when drawing comparisons.

I am not God, so if a person is gay, it is none of my business and that is between him and God. It is the same with a non believer, adulterer or what have you not my business...I worry about ME and only me. Also, while you are quick to talk about gays...you forgot about the adulterer in the White House.

Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you.
All that had nothing to do with my question. It concerned Leviticus.

All that had nothing to do with my question. It concerned Leviticus.

bawhahaha because you forgot that adultery is specifically mentioned in the Commandments you now are going to ignore it, because you just want to trash gays, but not your god leader cheeto man.

wouldn't bother me in the least. Statues are non feeling objects that have zero value.

they are art and they allow us a 3 dimensional vision into the past.

bawhahaha because you forgot that adultery is specifically mentioned in the Commandments you now are going to ignore it, because you just want to trash gays, but not your god leader cheeto man.
Never trashed Gays and never mentioned adultery. Did mention Leviticus though and asked why you quote him. Are you quite familiar with Leviticus?

I bet so. I was born in 1971, so when that was ocurring, I was still just a child and I have little memory of most of it. I do remember some of the Nixon stuff for some odd reason and I remember Reagan being shot. I also remember the gas crisis during Carter, but it is from the memory of a child at the time...so it is partial and it helps me to read the history on it often. My father was in Vietnam, my grandfather in Korea and a great grandfather died in WWII.
I am not far from Georgia..I live 40 minutes from Charleston,SC...we will have to get together for a Starbucks Americano one of these days, my treat...and I would love to hear those stories....when and if things ever go back to normal.

You got it. Your family is kind of like mine. My Grandfather was in France during WWI, my dad in the Pacific during WWII, no one in Korea that I know of. Myself in Vietnam and Laos, one of my Grandson's in Afghanistan. Somehow, my son missed the parade.

I'm a weird one, I was drafted in 1966, found the army easier than working on the farm and in an old pig iron foundry. I made it a career, 21 years active duty, then another 26 working for the army as a department of the army civilian. Completely retired now. Just memories. If I hadn't been drafted, I probably would never have joined the army. Such is fate, luck or whatever.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom