• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

4- Charged for Attempt to Tear Down Andrew Jackson Statue

Was it debunked or just denied?

It was never established in the first place. One newspaper claimed that an anonymous unnamed person told someone that Russia has put out contracts on American soldiers. The Director of National Intelligence said there was no evidence of such happening so there was no reason to brief the president or VP on it. To this day, there is not ONE person in any intelligence position who has said it ever happened. This is just more concocting a lie and then ranting incessantly upon the lie.

The Democratic Party is the Nazi fascist party - corporate fascism to be exact. Their agenda and their tactics are exactly as Hitler wrote in Mein Kampf. Tell a lie enough times and people believe it. The story is a lie and has been from the start.

Funny, I was thinking 10 years is too light a sentence. I'd say 25 years with time off for good behavior would cure people from thinking about destroying other people's property. But hey, I'm a guy who believes the death penalty is appropriate for rapists and child molesters, and life in prison for anyone who uses a gun in a crime where some innocent person is injured. But then death penalty if they do kill someone in a crime.

This is why I believe the cop who murdered George Floyd should get the death penalty if found guilty of murder. When there is clear evidence and witnesses to a murder (not just circumstantial) then by all means the harshest punishments work.

In Singapore you can get 6 months in jail for spitting on the ground. Guess what? People in Singapore think twice about spitting on the ground.

You actually believe 10 years is a just punishment for vandalism, no its not. Those statues of traitors should have come down 100 years ago.

Now prosecute and perp walk them. Max of 10 years in Federal Prison

=============

Four men have been charged in federal court for allegedly attempting to tear down the statue of former President Andrew Jackson in Lafayette Square in Washington, D.C. on Monday. They have each been charged with destruction of federal property and one has been arrested, the Department of Justice announced Saturday.

Connor Matthew Judd, 20, was taken into custody Friday, according to the DoJ. The other three men, Lee Michael Cantrell, 47, Ryan Lane, 37, and Graham Lloyd, 37, were allegedly seen on video attempting to tear down or damage the statue along with Judd.

Judd is scheduled to appear in court Monday.

4 charged for attempting to tear down Andrew Jackson statue

I wish Trump would tackle Putin and his putting a price on US Service men. I guess statues are far more important. Jan 2021 bye Trump!!

The subtlety of the leftist mind cannot make it through the day without another Hitler reference.

You can pick literally any historical figure you want. History isn't learned by looking at a statue. Anyone who disagrees is a moron.

It was never established in the first place. One newspaper claimed that an anonymous unnamed person told someone that Russia has put out contracts on American soldiers. The Director of National Intelligence said there was no evidence of such happening so there was no reason to brief the president or VP on it.

That's not what the word "debunk" means.

But if that's a standard you want to go with, there's an awful lot of stuff you believe about Obama you're going to have to throw out.

You can pick literally any historical figure you want. History isn't learned by looking at a statue. Anyone who disagrees is a moron.
It seems History is not a factor in these tantrums, otherwise this sub-literate mob would be more selective in the public property they destroy.

You actually believe 10 years is a just punishment for vandalism, no its not. Those statues of traitors should have come down 100 years ago.

Then vote or use the civilized process to have them taken down. But until you do they are public and/or private property, not the property of the vandals.

I'd be fine with 100 years in prison for vandals. I hate them worse than thieves.

Then vote or use the civilized process to have them taken down. But until you do they are public and/or private property, not the property of the vandals.

I'd be fine with 100 years in prison for vandals. I hate them worse than thieves.

You fit the time to the crime. What crime you find particularly disteful does not fit into the equation.

It seems History is not a factor in these tantrums, otherwise this sub-literate mob would be more selective in the public property they destroy.

Great, then you agree "liberals are trying to erase history" is false.

It just occurred to me, Trump is such a terrible president he is never going to have a statue or a memorial created in his honor.

Great, then you agree "liberals are trying to erase history" is false.
No, I wouldn't go as far as that. They are always trying to erase or revise history, as we can see today. This destruction of public statues is just a part of it. Control of information is the key, whether it's statues, the media or higher education.

Anther factor behind all of this is, of course, intimidation.

Antifa will be dealt the death blow they deserve.

:lamo. Antifascists typically dont go in believing there wont be any consequences.

=============

Four men have been charged in federal court for allegedly attempting to tear down the statue of former President Andrew Jackson in Lafayette Square in Washington, D.C. on Monday. They have each been charged with destruction of federal property and one has been arrested, the Department of Justice announced Saturday.

Connor Matthew Judd, 20, was taken into custody Friday, according to the DoJ. The other three men, Lee Michael Cantrell, 47, Ryan Lane, 37, and Graham Lloyd, 37, were allegedly seen on video attempting to tear down or damage the statue along with Judd.

meh, charged isn't convicted...I am betting a team of lawyers will result in no real punishment at all for trying to down a man who betrayed his country.

=============

I wonder if Biden will pardon them.

Shouting "white power" is a guy in a golf cart. You are equating a loud guy in a golf cart to trying to destroy federal property?? And you had to go through contortions to get there, even involving Russia, which has nothing to do with the OP. Straw man, Sir. Thanks!!

the leader of this country retweeted him saying it...and don't give me the bs that Trump didn't know he said that.

GASP. Someone actually trying to stand up to the violent "woke" wrecking public property? Shocking...we await the new denunciations of Trump and "racists" for causing violence by every democrat and liberal in America, to begin shortly...stay tuned.

what is more important? A statue made of stone (which is idolatry if you are Christian btw) or soldiers being killed, because a bounty was put on their heads by Trump's buddy...

NAZI statues? Since when was Andrew Jackson a NAZI? He is among other things the founder of the Democratic Party. Without him, the Democratic Party wouldn't exist. Jackson was also the the Democratic Party's first elected president. Jackson planted the seed from which the Democratic Party would grow.

If Jackson was a NAZI, there is your founder. The Democratic Party was founded by a NAZI.

Since he made the Indian Removal act policy...I would say that he pretty much fits the definition..when he implemented it he marched Native American Indians to concentration camps and many died along the way....pretty much sums up what Hitler was as well.

meh, charged isn't convicted...I am betting a team of lawyers will result in no real punishment at all for trying to down a man who betrayed his country.

Interesting that Judd hasn't been charged under the Veterans Memorial Preservation Act, he has been charged under 18:1361 MALICIOUS MISCHIEF of government property or contracts...
Screen Shot 2020-06-30 at 11.10.02 AM.jpg

And already released on a Personal Recognizance Bond...

Last edited:
the leader of this country retweeted him saying it...and don't give me the bs that Trump didn't know he said that.

Why would you assume my response??

And btw, what does a tweet have to do with the 4 charged aka the OP??

But since you like to anticipate responses, I'll answer that question for you: nothing. Thanks!!

Last edited:

=============

HaHa!!

Since he made the Indian Removal act policy...I would say that he pretty much fits the definition..when he implemented it he marched Native American Indians to concentration camps and many died along the way....pretty much sums up what Hitler was as well.

True, but do you think the members of the Democratic Party would admit their founder and their first elected president was a NAZI? There's a lot of unsavory things in our past. At least when looked back with 21st century eyes and mores. This is why I think we ought to view history and its events in the context of the times they occurred. There were no polls to gauge public opinion back in 1831, but I would think at least 3/4th's of all Americans were in favor of the removal. Times change and so do our standards and if you will, mores.

What we view in shock with events of the past, were normal and morally accepted by those who lived during that time. There were many things done that we consider totally immoral today that was normal back then. We do somethings today that would shock those who lived back in 1831 as being totally immoral and very shocking.

I do think context is everything if one is to understand history and the reasons what was done was done in those times. Is it fair to judge those of earlier time period by the moral standards we have today? That's probably irrelevant because almost all of will.

True, but do you think the members of the Democratic Party would admit their founder and their first elected president was a NAZI? There's a lot of unsavory things in our past. At least when looked back with 21st century eyes and mores. This is why I think we ought to view history and its events in the context of the times they occurred. There were no polls to gauge public opinion back in 1831, but I would think at least 3/4th's of all Americans were in favor of the removal. Times change and so do our standards and if you will, mores.

What we view in shock with events of the past, were normal and morally accepted by those who lived during that time. There were many things done that we consider totally immoral today that was normal back then. We do somethings today that would shock those who lived back in 1831 as being totally immoral and very shocking.

I do think context is everything if one is to understand history and the reasons what was done was done in those times. Is it fair to judge those of earlier time period by the moral standards we have today? That's probably irrelevant because almost all of will.

There are no moral winners in the past...Democrat or Republican.

Back
Top Bottom