• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

4 Black Men Kidnapp and Beat White Man

jonny5

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
FAKE Headline. The actual CNN headline is "4 arrested in beating broadcast on Facebook Live". The race of the attackers is only mentioned once, halfway down the page, and in the context of the 'victim' being white, and the other 'people' being black. Not attackers, assaulters, beaters, kidnappers. But 'people'.

Now, race may not have anything to do with this, even though the kidnappers said '**** white people'. But you know very well that were the races reversed, the headline would be 'White Men who are WHITE beat innocent black man, because they are racist WHITE racists"

Facebook Live beating leads to 4 arrests - CNN.com

I'll keep track of this thread if you ever decide to change your tune and go "Why does the liberal media make everything about race?"

Why does everyone seem more concerned about the race aspect of this? Yeah, targeting someone because of their race is bad, but targeting special needs individuals is orders of magnitude worse. That is the worst part of this story.

If you go and look under a rock and find scum, they are somewhere below that.

The poor guy was special needs as well, in the CNN story I read they had to spend a long time getting him calmed down enough just to relate what had happened to him. The people who attacked him need to be in jail for a very long time.

Why does everyone seem more concerned about the race aspect of this? Yeah, targeting someone because of their race is bad, but targeting special needs individuals is orders of magnitude worse. That is the worst part of this story.

I don't think one is worse than the other o_O you got some strange ethics there...

I'll keep track of this thread if you ever decide to change your tune and go "Why does the liberal media make everything about race?"

You don't think they omitted race because 4 blacks assaulted 1 white? Of course not, it's just an innocent oversight.

Bringing racism into most things is about political power.

The worst part of the story (so far) is the police trying to downplay the various serious crimes involved.

Because the victim is white and the people in the video are black, police also are investigating whether hate crime charges are appropriate, Duffin said.
"Although they are adults, they're 18. Kids make stupid decisions -- I shouldn't call them kids; they're legally adults, but they're young adults, and they make stupid decisions," Duffin said.
"That certainly will be part of whether or not ... we seek a hate crime, to determine whether or not this is sincere or just stupid ranting and raving."

It would appear that being stupid and young are now considered as mitigating factors.

The worst part of the story (so far) is the police trying to downplay the various serious crimes involved.

It would appear that being stupid and young are now considered as mitigating factors.

Yeah, that is bad.

I mean... the people also blamed the tortured mentally disable white dude for being a Trump supporter and being white.

There isn't some kind of wild interpretation, assumptions, or anything... the "people" outright said it...

This thread is obviously trying to point out obvious double standards our media and overall culture has in which if this were a mentally disabled black guy kidnapped and tortured by white people being yelled at for being a hillary supporter and being black... there would be a complete uproar.

it really makes me sick... liberals are crazy

I don't think one is worse than the other o_O you got some strange ethics there...

It is definitely worse. Like victimizing children. There are degrees of evil.

Isn't it?

That fact that he was special needs was probably why they chose to attack him instead of some other random white dude; he was an easier target.

Obama and the pro obama lib media unloosed the race demon many times during the past eight years and now those chickens are coming home to roost in the form of white backlash

Beating Whites is way up on my scale of evils. ;)

Beating up special needs people is also very high on my list. They most likely singled this guy out because they knew he was an easy target because of his condition.

Hopefully he's doing okay. I can't imagine how horrible it must be going through something as traumatic as that.

My topic is about media bias, not race. Thats simply the cause of the bias here.

It is definitely worse. Like victimizing children. There are degrees of evil.
I do not agree. Our worth is not determined by age, race, or capabilities. The children analogy does not equate to this situation in my opinion because this is not a crime that is unique to disabled people. Sexually assaulting a child is a unique case, because a child isn't supposed to engage in sexual intercourse in the first place which adds another level of evil. If a mentally disabled adult gets sexually assaulted and a regular adult get sexually assaulted, the crimes and evil are equivalent, both are extremely adversely affected.

It does say something about the cowardice of the violator because a disabled person is arguably an easier target, but cowardice does not mean any more or less evil. You seem to think ones power to fight back has something to do with the degree of severity of a crime...when it has nothing to do with it. This is the "why don't you pick on someone your own size" kind of argument.

Yeah, targeting someone because of their race is bad, but targeting special needs individuals is orders of magnitude worse.

I disagree.

They didn't target this individual because he was special needs - they targeted him because he was white.

From the article:

His attackers laugh and shout "f*ck Donald Trump" and "f*ck white people" as they kick and punch him.

They weren't shouting "f*ck special needs people".

This crime was motivated by racism, as is evidenced by the comments of the attackers.

(Note: I am not using the * to slip profanities by the censor bot, I'm doing it because it's the manner the word is used in the article linked in the OP.)

That fact that he was special needs was probably why they chose to attack him instead of some other random white dude; he was an easier target.

That's a general truth when it comes to animals like this. More often than not they are sniveling, whining babies when they get caught and the have the balls of a gnat when picking their victims.

By all definitions the press usually goes by, this was an anti-Trump, racially-motivated hate crime, and there's no question that it happened. Yet they mostly appear to be in "don't-jump-to-conclusions, or-draw-any-at-all" mode, after squealing as much as they could about every unconfirmed report of "hate crimes" by "Trump voters."

I don't find the mental capacity of the victim to be particularly relevant other than as an illustration of the cowardice and further depravity of the perpetrators. They weren't motivated to beat him because he's mentally challenged. They simply picked him because he'd be easy.

I disagree.

They didn't target this individual because he was special needs - they targeted him because he was white.

From the article:

They weren't shouting "f*ck special needs people".

This crime was motivated by racism, as is evidenced by the comments of the attackers.

(Note: I am not using the * to slip profanities by the censor bot, I'm doing it because it's the manner the word is used in the article linked in the OP.)

This cant be true

Liberals seem to think black people ate only the victims of racially motivated crimes

Chances are thanks to liberal white guilt these people will just get a slap on the wrist

Back
Top Bottom