• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

3D Rifle printed and successfully tested.

Black Dog

King Of The Dog Pound
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Fully 3D Printed Rifle The Grizzly Hand Firing - YouTube

To all the naysayers I say never say never.

Hand firing 3 more shots through the Grizzly 2.0 with the same barrel for a total of 14 shots. On the 14th shot a crack develops around the chamber. The rounds fired are Winchester Dynapoints.

Fully 3D Printed Rifle The Grizzly Hand Firing - YouTube

To all the naysayers I say never say never.

Hand firing 3 more shots through the Grizzly 2.0 with the same barrel for a total of 14 shots. On the 14th shot a crack develops around the chamber. The rounds fired are Winchester Dynapoints.

Just a couple months ago there was a post about a printed handgun -- capable of only one shot before destruction. This is amazing. TSA...courthouses...government buildings!! Get ready to rumble.

Just a couple months ago there was a post about a printed handgun -- capable of only one shot before destruction. This is amazing. TSA...courthouses...government buildings!! Get ready to rumble.

Yea I have the plans for that one. It blew up because they used a round even bigger than a .380. This one is only firing a .22.

I'd be really curious as to what kind of material they are using. It's fascinating that the material can take that kind of pressure. I'm assuming they are firing .22lr but still, that's pretty damned good for plastic.

Well, when they invent plastic casings that might become an issue. A plastic gun is great but if the ammunition can still be detected it isn't doing much good.

At some point the density of the material necessary to contain a firing round,
would be high enough to show up under other than metal tests.

At least one company, main line $5 billion dollar 3D printing company, is already in the market with a "powdered metal" that can be forumated into 3D printed products. I believe their machine retails for under $1500 as well. A fact for the radical anti gun zealots....hi cap magazines are coming to a 3D printer, unregistered firearms are coming to a 3D printer, and ammo (minus the powder / primer) are coming to a 3D printer so deal with it.

At least one company, main line $5 billion dollar 3D printing company, is already in the market with a "powdered metal" that can be forumated into 3D printed products. I believe their machine retails for under $1500 as well. A fact for the radical anti gun zealots....hi cap magazines are coming to a 3D printer, unregistered firearms are coming to a 3D printer, and ammo (minus the powder / primer) are coming to a 3D printer so deal with it.
You can also buy a used $1500 Bridgeport and make guns and gun parts all night long.
Gun manufacturing is not the sole venue of Colt, S&W, Berretta and so on.

Back
Top Bottom