• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

34 warships sent from US for Obama visit

j-mac

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
President Barack Obama lands in Mumbai on Saturday. Communications set-up, nuclear button, a fleet of limousines and majority of the White House staff will be in India accompanying the President on this three-day visit that will cover Mumbai and Delhi.

He will also be protected by a fleet of 34 warships, including an aircraft carrier, which will patrol the sea lanes off the Mumbai coast during his two-day stay there beginning Saturday. The measure has been taken as Mumbai attack in 2008 took place from the sea.

Arrangements have been put in place for emergency evacuation, if needed.

Read more at: 34 warships sent from US for Obama visit

But, but....I thought these were our friends? :shock: I wonder what the cost of this apology tour will cost the American people?

j-mac

But, but....I thought these were our friends? :shock: I wonder what the cost of this apology tour will cost the American people?

j-mac

Fundamentally dishonest statement. Apology tour... almost makes me chuckle as much as the whole Black Liberation Theology thing.

To tap into Indias economic growth is an important step in securing a good chunk of America's economic power.

However, India remains volatile, there have been many high level terrorist attacks there. Let us not forget the Mumbai attacks.

I guess I'd say, why the fleet of Limousines? But anywho.

Onward partisan soldiers....

This must be the trip someone in another thread called the $2 billion dollard trip. Assuming the estimates I've seen online are correct, 200million a day for the PResident to get some curry seems a tiny bit, well, excessive, considering the current state of the economy.

To tap into Indias economic growth is an important step in securing a good chunk of America's economic power.

Translation: Go there hat in hand to beg for India to start lending America more money since the Chinese are backing off....

I can see it now.......Obama: "People of India, America sucks, America has always sucked, and we are sorry. Can we have some money now please?"

j-mac

Translation: Go there hat in hand to beg for India to start lending America more money since the Chinese are backing off....

I can see it now.......Obama: "People of India, America sucks, America has always sucked, and we are sorry. Can we have some money now please?"

j-mac

Blind partisanship at its best.

So where were you when Bush was begging for money from China?

Oh yeah, you were at Whistlestopper defending every single thing he did. I have a good memory still.

Blind partisanship at its best.

So where were you when Bush was begging for money from China?

Oh yeah, you were at Whistlestopper defending every single thing he did. I have a good memory still.

Yep, I was asleep then. I am awake now....So if it is all about me not railing on Bush for this, why then now are you giving Obama a pass for it? Hmmmm...A mirror is in order.

j-mac

Yep, I was asleep then. I am awake now....So if it is all about me not railing on Bush for this, why then now are you giving Obama a pass for it? Hmmmm...A mirror is in order.

j-mac

Funny you woke up when a Democrat was president. You must have a really ****ty alarm. That's what? 8 years sleeping? That's almost a decade. I guess saying you were asleep is better than admitting you are a partisan hack.

Assuming the estimates I've seen online are correct, 200million a day
I believe the white house has said those numbers over grossly over exaggerated. I can't tell you exactly what the cost is of course, just that the white house denies those numbers...

I believe the white house has said those numbers over grossly over exaggerated. I can't tell you exactly what the cost is of course, just that the white house denies those numbers...

The first article I read was from an Indian paper and I think what they are talking about is the amount of activity overall that will be generated not just what the White House will be spending.

What puzzles me is if there is such a big security threat that they need all these warships and firepower. Who is the idiot who released the information that he'd be flying in a helicopter to where he's going?

What puzzles me is if there is such a big security threat that they need all these warships and firepower. Who is the idiot who released the information that he'd be flying in a helicopter to where he's going?

Don't they take 3 different helicopters and you never know which one he is on.

Or maybe they want you to think he's in a helicopter...

Or maybe they want you to think he's in a helicopter...

He's actually going to be using the Obamamobile

obamamobile2.jpg

j-mac

:rofl :rofl

Back
Top Bottom