• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

30 Democrats in Puerto Rico with 109 lobbyists for weekend despite shutdown

Meanwhile.....

Ok liberals, you proud of these optics? Still think that Democrats don't have responsibility in this shutdown lasting this long? The very base nature of politicians sunning their fat asses, and lining their pockets in PR, while back home there are issues that need their attention is bad enough, but when you throw in how liberals have hung crap like this around Republican's necks for years, and they don't care makes it just plain obvious...These people don't give a crap about American's....They only care about themselves.[/FONT][/COLOR]

What are they doing in that godforsaken hell hole that Trump failed to restore to normal? Didn't thousands upon thousands die like rats there?

He offered you people 1.8 million illegals given a pathway....And yes, the $25 billion was there, but it was a disingenuous offer by Democrats, as in last minute, or final deal, they slid in Chain migration, and Visa lottery immigration knowing full well that would blow up the deal....Don't give me this dishonest crap that they offered the $25 billion, when you know that is only part of the story....

So, regardless of that, he has indeed moved from $25 billion to $5.6 billion...That is a fact.

Yep, he could have had full funding for the whole damn wall, but Stephen Miller whispered in his ear and that was the end of that. Are you angry at Miller for taking your wall away? $25B could have given you the entire 2000 mile wall and it would have been made of glorious concrete. Now you'll get nothing.

How awful. They attended a benefit meant to raise funds for the arts in Puerto Rico...last time I checked was part of the US. Hopefully while big wigs attended they were spending big ass bucks to support the community. They could use it.

It was nice that they also offered $10 tix to the locals.:peace

And politicians being in the presence of lobbyists? Call 911!

I thought Democrats wanted to get the money out of politics.

What are they doing in that godforsaken hell hole that Trump failed to restore to normal?

Obviously no where near the devastated parts, but they are there doing what corrupt assholes do. Lining their pockets while sipping drinks at the beach, and America stays in turmoil....

Meanwhile.....

Ok liberals, you proud of these optics? Still think that Democrats don't have responsibility in this shutdown lasting this long? The very base nature of politicians sunning their fat asses, and lining their pockets in PR, while back home there are issues that need their attention is bad enough, but when you throw in how liberals have hung crap like this around Republican's necks for years, and they don't care makes it just plain obvious...These people don't give a crap about American's....They only care about themselves.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Well as long as the orange bully in the WH refuses to accept any deal, why would the democrats stay in Washington?

Yep, he could have had full funding for the whole damn wall, but Stephen Miller whispered in his ear and that was the end of that. Are you angry at Miller for taking your wall away? $25B could have given you the entire 2000 mile wall and it would have been made of glorious concrete. Now you'll get nothing.

You seem to think that you are in control....Psst....You're not.

Meanwhile.....

Jenine Periro of FOX News just apologized to Pelosi. Turns out that Pelosi was not in Puerto Rico.

Washington Examiner = lies

Well as long as the orange bully in the WH refuses to accept any deal, why would the democrats stay in Washington?

Asshole Democrats haven't offered any deal...But, they are quick to do dumb ass things like this PR money grab...

LOL...Say what? Make Pot legal and you'll give up some barrier fencing? Wow....Put the bong down dude...lol

Clearly you misunderstand why cannabis is illegal and how beneficial it would be to this country and economy.

You are uncompelling, political forum refugee.

J-mac, I'm trying to understand the reasons for your concern. You neglected to include the sentence in the article that said people who attended the play Hamilton paid with their own money, so there's that. No reason to express outrage and concern there. If you are Latino and you want to caucus with Latinos about issues that concern Latinos Puerto Rico would be a good choice as PR needs all the support it can get. So what is your point?

Now if you are opposed to lobbyists and corporate money in politics as I am then we may agree in part. But to single out one ethnic group as an example is wrong.

Jenine Periro of FOX News just apologized to Pelosi. Turns out that Pelosi was not in Puerto Rico.

Washington Examiner = lies

Nope, I hear she had a couple more massages left in that resort in Hawaii that she had to use or lose, Mr Conservative.

What deal have the Dems proposed?

You seem to think that you are in control....Psst....You're not.

That must be why construction has already started on the wall.

Clearly you misunderstand why cannabis is illegal and how beneficial it would be to this country and economy.

You are uncompelling, political forum refugee.

LOL....I probably know more about that than you do...Seeing as I am pretty sure I am older, and an old partaker from way back....If I am so "un compelling" why do you respond? Seems you are a rather dishonest fellow.

Meanwhile.....

The shutdown started when the country had both chambers of congress under control by republicans and a republican president. We also had the president agree to a resolution and then only back out because talk radio told him to. There is literally nothing that will make me blame any of this on them. When Trump wants to put his big boy pants on and fund the government then we can start discussions. Other than that, Trump and McConnell can go suck a dick.

J-mac, I'm trying to understand the reasons for your concern. You neglected to include the sentence in the article that said people who attended the play Hamilton paid with their own money, so there's that. No reason to express outrage and concern there. If you are Latino and you want to caucus with Latinos about issues that concern Latinos Puerto Rico would be a good choice as PR needs all the support it can get. So what is your point?

Now if you are opposed to lobbyists and corporate money in politics as I am then we may agree in part. But to single out one ethnic group as an example is wrong.

PR ain't getting crap out of this....There may be a couple of showboat events so they can say what they are doing, but we both know they are there lining their pockets....Don't even try it...

LOL...Say what? Make Pot legal and you'll give up some barrier fencing? Wow....Put the bong down dude...lol

The bong is not in hand. That's the problem. People only start negotiating for legalization when dry. Other times, it's something one knows will happen soon.

Only a person salvaging from paraphernalia enters into legalization negotiation. It's desperation.

Give someone a few weeks dry and they'll start offering to make being gay a crime, ban abortion and bring back segregation for legalization. That's an 'everyone under the bus' situation.

Yep, you have no problem sucking up to lobbyists as long as it's Democrats right? If this were Republican's doing this, you'd be in here beating them over the head with it, and you know it.

So do you beat Republicans over the head when they suck up to lobbyists? Hmmmm? I haven't noticed.

PR ain't getting crap out of this....There may be a couple of showboat events so they can say what they are doing, but we both know they are there lining their pockets....Don't even try it...

This was a total lobbyist schmoozefest and it typifies so much of what's really wrong about American politics. But, the Dems are shameless. They will LIE to your face and gaslight all day long. They will take lux vacations while gov't workers line up in the cold for free food.
And they will feel zero guilt or angst about it.

The shutdown started when the country had both chambers of congress under control by republicans and a republican president. We also had the president agree to a resolution and then only back out because talk radio told him to. There is literally nothing that will make me blame any of this on them. When Trump wants to put his big boy pants on and fund the government then we can start discussions. Other than that, Trump and McConnell can go suck a dick.

So, when Republican's had control of "both chambers" as you say, did they have 60 votes in the Senate? huh? no? Your argument is busted.

LOL...Man you are something else....How do you look at yourself straight in the mirror?

With "mirror face." That's the face that you make that you wish you'd present to the world and to cameras. But once people hold up a camera to me...poof...any memory of my facial expression when looking in the mirror earlier just disintegrates.

So do you beat Republicans over the head when they suck up to lobbyists? Hmmmm? I haven't noticed.

We ALL know that if Trump dared leave the WH for anything other than Presidential business, the Dems would be setting their hair on fire. But we're supposed to just let it ride when Pelosi takes of to Hawaii for a luxury vacation, and Dems take their families on an all-expense paid vacation to PR.

Back
Top Bottom