• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

3% wealth tax on billionaires

I've answered every single question directed from you to me in this thread. Name a single instance where this isn't the case. You won't because you can't. Besides, this should be common knowledge for someone in this thread making the types of statements you've made.

I wouldn't have to look up the top 10 or 15.
I couldn't care less: this thread is about a parasite movement wanting to basically erode the wealth of people worth more than 50 Million dollars by increasing both the tax burden and forcing them to sell off assets since most of them won't have the income sufficient to pay massive income and other taxes on top of the wealth tax

I already assumed you would refuse to answer in the very post i asked the question. And you have not disappointed!

Make asanine statements and then hide from defending them! I'm well aware of your posting capabilities.

This is a lie.
you can call it a lie all you want but your entire schtick on DP is trying to justify why people more industrious than you are, should have more of their wealth taken by the government. I HAVE NEVER EVER seen you demand that the government stop spending

I couldn't care less

But you'll continue to make ignorant statements and run away from defending them. Why is that so important? Don't answer... you won't and it wouldn't matter.

this thread is about a parasite movement wanting to basically erode the wealth of people worth more than 50 Million dollars by increasing both the tax burden and forcing them to sell off assets since most of them won't have the income sufficient to pay massive income and other taxes on top of the wealth tax

And you've made zero attempt to debate anyone here other than to sling insults and attack straw. When someone challenges you... that's adios!

But you'll continue to make ignorant statements and run away from defending them. Why is that so important? Don't answer... you won't and it wouldn't matter.

And you've made zero attempt to debate anyone here other than to sling insults and attack straw. When someone challenges you... that's adios!
your arrogant nonsense is just that-opinions masquerading as "fact" Your posts are dishonest, and you try to steer people to argue in a very limited area where you can pretend you have some expertise. If your understanding of economics was anywhere near as developed as you pretend, you'd be one of the people being targeted by the parasites.

you can call it a lie all you want but your entire schtick on DP is trying to justify why people more industrious than you are

Again, this is just a lie. Your opinion of my belief system has no bearing on this discussion, nor does it even approach a position of reason. Nevertheless, i am not the topic of discussion as much as you'd like that to be.

I HAVE NEVER EVER seen you demand that the government stop spending

Because you rarely discuss these topics other than to launch a series of drive-by posts. Again... my posting record isn't up for debate, and apparently neither are you!

Why not run away given you're unwilling to discuss the topic? We get it... you believe everyone who isn't rich is a parasite and the government buys votes with taxpayer money. Cool! Now that we all know what you have to say, why are you still even here? Don't answer. It was rhetorical.

Again, this is just a lie. Your opinion of my belief system has no bearing on this discussion, nor does it even approach a position of reason. Nevertheless, i am not the topic of discussion as much as you'd like that to be.

Because you rarely discuss these topics other than to launch a series of drive-by posts. Again... my posting record isn't up for debate, and apparently neither are you!

Why not run away given you're unwilling to discuss the topic? We get it... you believe everyone who isn't rich is a parasite and the government buys votes with taxpayer money. Cool! Now that we all know what you have to say, why are you still even here? Don't answer. It was rhetorical.
gee dude, I oppose the wealth tax and I oppose a progressive income tax

your arrogant nonsense is just that-opinions masquerading as "fact"

Name one. You won't because you can't. This will be followed up with another round of pointless accusations that have ZERO to do with the topic.

If your understanding of economics was anywhere near as developed as you pretend, you'd be one of the people being targeted by the parasites.

I'm not the topic of this discussion.

Again: Name the companies worth north of $1 trillion that are not in the U.S.

gee dude, I oppose the wealth tax and I oppose a progressive income tax

Nobody cares. What you support and oppose isn't up for discussion.

It's quite funny to see any time anyone starts talking about extra taxes on the super rich that it's all about jelousy.
I'd like the extra tax to be spent on infrastructure and money for the health service so unless I'm expecting them to build a high speed train that terminates at my front door and just goes to where I work (which would be awesome but considering it's a 25 minute walk would be quite an odd high speed train line) I'm unsure how I personally gain from tax hikes.

the middle class is paying their lowest percentage of the FIT in decades.
So what? For a guy that whines about class warfare. You sure do use it as your go to.
If you want a fiscally responsible government..then you need to tax at a level commensurate with spending. In 2019..the government collected 16% of gdp in taxes while government spending was around 20%.
Historically we tax about 18% . We were at that level or darn close at 2015 ..then trump lowered taxes on mostly. The wealthy.
Spending by the way? About 19%.
So increase in deficit was more due to the tax decrease.

why should I? the parasite advocates rarely answer mine
Well...it would help your credibility on this issue..if you could answer a straightforward question..without going off into the weeds yelping about parasites...

Yup. And yet the wealthier today are far FAR wealthier than the wealthy then. Heck, the lower middle class live a life of comfort the wealthy then couldn't even dream of.

I'd go even farther than that and claim even a poor person in the US living on 10k per year would have a higher standard of living than a king in the middle ages.

It's quite funny to see any time anyone starts talking about extra taxes on the super rich that it's all about jelousy.
I'd like the extra tax to be spent on infrastructure and money for the health service so unless I'm expecting them to build a high speed train that terminates at my front door and just goes to where I work (which would be awesome but considering it's a 25 minute walk would be quite an odd high speed train line) I'm unsure how I personally gain from tax hikes.
Well here is the thing..if we spent that money on infrastructure and the health service..the rich would get richer...so would you...but in all likelihood I ..being in the 1% would benefit more monetarily than you would.
When you see the left discuss taxes..its usually about punishing the wealthy with little regard to real world economics( note the right wing does the same)

I'd go even farther than that and claim even a poor person in the US living on 10k per year would have a higher standard of living than a king in the middle ages.
Yeah. I doubt folks making 10k per year have a bevy of maids ..servants and concubines at their beck and call today..

do you support taxing some people at a higher amount than they make in terms of income?

Well here is the thing..if we spent that money on infrastructure and the health service..the rich would get richer...so would you...but in all likelihood I ..being in the 1% would benefit more monetarily than you would.
When you see the left discuss taxes..its usually about punishing the wealthy with little regard to real world economics( note the right wing does the same)

You talk about punishing the wealthy.
How is it a punishment to take away some of the money when they have so much they can't spend it all in 10 lifetimes of wanton headonism?

How exactly can one person spend $5B and is it a punishment if they only have $1B to spend?

You talk about punishing the wealthy.
How is it a punishment to take away some of the money when they have so much they can't spend it all in 10 lifetimes of wanton headonism?

How exactly can one person spend $5B and is it a punishment if they only have $1B to spend?
so you don't think taking away 4 Billion from someone is punishment? Do you think that the person you want to parasitize would be wrong in using that four billion to absolutely and completely economically destroy those who want to do that?

do you support taxing some people at a higher amount than they make in terms of income?

I love the way you twist arguments to utter absurdity and then claim victory.

The billionaires won't even notice a things with regards to how they live by tax changes other than having less money in the bank.

I love the way you twist arguments to utter absurdity and then claim victory.

The billionaires won't even notice a things with regards to how they live by tax changes other than having less money in the bank.
we aren't just talking billionaires even though the parasite advocates love doing that. People with 50-100 million in assets are hardly billionaires and most of them do not make enough income to pay all their current taxes and a wealth tax

how are the rich being rewarded when they pay twice the share of the income tax as their share of the income and all the death tax? Progressives labor under the faith based belief that the government alone is why the rich are rich
Stop acting like the rich pay too much, they pay a lower % on their income than they have since the 1920's. We know what happened after that don't we? The rich have been rewarded and they have used that reward to amass unprecedented fortunes that are constricting GDP growth and depressing wages.

What this report finds: Income inequality in the United States is suppressing growth in aggregate demand (spending by households, businesses, and governments) by shifting an ever larger share of income to rich households that save rather than spend. This rise in inequality has been overwhelmingly driven by the failure of pay for typical American workers to keep pace with economywide productivity growth. EPI estimates that rising inequality has slowed growth in aggregate demand by 2 to 4 percentage points of GDP annually in recent years.

https://www.epi.org/publication/secular-stagnation/

so you don't think taking away 4 Billion from someone is punishment? Do you think that the person you want to parasitize would be wrong in using that four billion to absolutely and completely economically destroy those who want to do that?

No, I don't think taking $4B away from someone and leaving them $1B is a punishment.
The money will be spent in the community helping people to afford the products his or her company makes and again $1B is hardly the height of poverty.
Yes, they may not be able to afford to pay for their staff go and work in their new house on Mars I'm totally welling up here at the horror of it all.

What a horrible human being I am for being just so gosh darn tough of the poor ultra rich.

Stop acting like the rich pay too much, they pay a lower % on their income than they have since the 1920's. We know what happened after that don't we? The rich have been rewarded and they have use that reward to amass unprecedented fortunes that are constricting GDP growth and depressing wages.

What this report finds: Income inequality in the United States is suppressing growth in aggregate demand (spending by households, businesses, and governments) by shifting an ever larger share of income to rich households that save rather than spend. This rise in inequality has been overwhelmingly driven by the failure of pay for typical American workers to keep pace with economywide productivity growth. EPI estimates that rising inequality has slowed growth in aggregate demand by 2 to 4 percentage points of GDP annually in recent years.

https://www.epi.org/publication/secular-stagnation/
oozing dishonesty-they pay a higher share now. and of course industrious and prosperous people will increase their wealth over those who are lazy, untalented, or perhaps just unlucky

No, I don't think taking $4B away from someone and leaving them $1B is a punishment.
The money will be spent in the community helping people to afford the products his or her company makes and again $1B is hardly the height of poverty.
Yes, they may not be able to afford to pay for their staff go and work in their new house on Mars I'm totally welling up here at the horror of it all.

What a horrible human being I am for being just so gosh darn tough of the poor ultra rich.

As I said, that is disgusting but it is typical with the wealth vandal mentality

why shouldn't that person use his wealth to say buy the company you work for and fire you?

we aren't just talking billionaires even though the parasite advocates love doing that. People with 50-100 million in assets are hardly billionaires and most of them do not make enough income to pay all their current taxes and a wealth tax

Wow, you really are worried about the super rich.

Back
Top Bottom