• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

3 Mississippi cops charged with murder for the 2019 death of George Robinson

JANFU

Land by the Gulf Stream
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
3 Mississippi cops charged with murder for the 2019 death of George Robinson | TheHill

A Mississippi grand jury on Thursday indicted three law enforcement officers on charges of second-degree murder in the death of 62-year-old George Robinson last year.

According to the Hinds County grand jury indictment, three officers with the Jackson Police Department (JPD) removed Robinson from his vehicle, slammed him onto the pavement, and repeatedly hit his head and chest, the Clarion-Ledger reported.

The state medical examiner found that Robinson died of a subdural hemorrhage caused by blunt force trauma to the head, according to coroner Sharon Grisham-Stewart.

Now I know little of the case.

But it is clear there are changes within the legal system when investigating LEO's.

Thing is, many people will not wait decades for changes to police, in particular powerful unions & contracts, and independent investigations of police shooting, means all Officer involved shootings

3 Mississippi cops charged with murder for the 2019 death of George Robinson | TheHill

But it is clear there are changes within the legal system when investigating LEO's.

Thing is, many people will not wait decades for changes to police, in particular powerful unions & contracts, and independent investigations of police shooting, means all Officer involved shootings

Well thank you for continuing to muck rake from the comfy confines of your home in Canada. It's so awesome that you spend every day posting about a country you don't live in. Y

Well thank you for continuing to muck rake from the comfy confines of your home in Canada. It's so awesome that you spend every day posting about a country you don't live in. Y

Good, it's about time that cops aren't allowed to cover up crimes like this.

:lamo

Wow, so you will not be posting one more thread in the European section of our forum?

You do know there is freedom of opinion? I respect your right to making nonsense posts in Europe, so someone else making a valid view about a North American story is more than reasonable IMO.

:lamo

Wow, so you will not be posting one more thread in the European section of our forum?

You do know there is freedom of opinion? I respect your right to making nonsense posts in Europe, so someone else making a valid view about a North American story is more than reasonable IMO.

I never said that Janfu shouldn't post about a country that he doesn't live in. But nearly his entire posting history consists of posting about America. I rarely post in the Europe sub forum anymore.

I know less than little about this case but in principle I believe every homicide should be investigated. Its a good practice.
That being said and given the current hostile climate toward police, I would not blame the police if they did not engage any criminals and allowed them all of them escape apprehension.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

irony meter.JPG

sorry, couldn't find a hypocrisy meter image so quickly.:mrgreen:

I never said that Janfu shouldn't post about a country that he doesn't live in. But nearly his entire posting history consists of posting about America.
Unless Canada has been clandestinely moved to Asia overnight, he lives in America :lamo:lamo
I rarely post in the Europe sub forum anymore.
And, seeing how you constantly showed to know precious little about Europe in general and its countries in particular, that is indeed an improvement.

Salient point being though that he shows to know more about the US (yeah, that's America as well) than you appear to. The latter often happening to "the nationals" when they are unable to see past the front yard fence of their ideological bubble, in your case the bubble of WS and adoration of fascists.

I know less than little about this case but in principle I believe every homicide should be investigated. Its a good practice.
That being said and given the current hostile climate toward police, I would not blame the police if they did not engage any criminals and allowed them all of them escape apprehension.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Or, they could go back to just apprehending them, instead of beating them to death.

I never said that Janfu shouldn't post about a country that he doesn't live in. But nearly his entire posting history consists of posting about America. I rarely post in the Europe sub forum anymore.

Oh simmer down, TAC, y'all know you're our entertainment...living next door to you lunatics has to come with some perks... :lol:

And what the **** does your moronic comment have to do with reality and the facts?

From this timeline and there may be more information, it doesn't look like there's much of a case against the cops.
What does that time line have to do with the fact that the man died of a subdural hemorrhage?

Why do you feel you are the standard for proper posting?

What's the point anyway? Does his posting victimize you? Or did you have to say something to try to move the focus off cops who murdered another black guy?

The Grand Jury indited the cops, so we'll get to see exactly how much of a case the prosecution has. Since it's Mississippi, they'll probably get probation for murder two.

They'll probably walk because they've been over-charged.

What does that time line have to do with the fact that the man died of a subdural hemorrhage?

It isn't 2nd degree murder. At best, it's negligent homicide.

They'll probably walk because they've been over-charged.

We'll see. All white jury, three white cops, they're probably not worried about doing time.

From this timeline and there may be more information, it doesn't look like there's much of a case against the cops.

Jackson police release timeline of George Robinson's arrest and death

And of course the police never lie. Take for example that older gentleman who happened to trip as the cops walked by him and strike his head on the concrete. I noticed the police were so concerned they immediately stopped to help the old guy. That's what their report said.

We'll see. All white jury, three white cops, they're probably not worried about doing time.

All white jury?...lol! Where do you get that idea?

Hinds County is 69% black. Good luck getting an all white jury. :lamo

And of course the police never lie. Take for example that older gentleman who happened to trip as the cops walked by him and strike his head on the concrete. I noticed the police were so concerned they immediately stopped to help the old guy. That's what their report said.

That's irrelevant. What is relevant, is that the prosecutor has to prove his case, beyond a reasonable doubt. The cops aren't guilty just because you want them to be.

Unless you can refute the information I posted, it's pretty much fact.

That's irrelevant. What is relevant, is that the prosecutor has to prove his case, beyond a reasonable doubt. The cops aren't guilty just because you want them to be.

Unless you can refute the information I posted, it's pretty much fact.

What's a fact? Oh, those things the R's regularly dismiss as fake news.

All white jury?...lol! Where do you get that idea?

Hinds County is 69% black. Good luck getting an all white jury. :lamo

You would think that with your astute statistics, that that wouldn't be likely. You do know that we're still talking about Mississippi?

Back
Top Bottom