• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

3 Michigan men arrested for conspiracy to support ISIS

Grokmaster

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Another PRO-ISLAMIST TERROR "GIFT" from the same state that gave us HEZBOLLAH's ALLY in the US CONGRESS...Rashida Tlaib!!

Michigan must be so proud..they are electing to Congress the people in support of the terrorists who have, and seek to KILL US.

And now..THIS: (how is this not charged as TREASON)

Three Michigan residents were arrested Monday afternoon for conspiring to support ISIS, federal authorities said.

Muse Abdikadir Muse, 20, was arrested by law enforcement officers during security screening at the Gerald R. Ford Airport in Grand Rapids, Michigan, after checking in for the first of a series of flights to Mogadishu, Somalia. His 23-year-old brother, Mohamud Abdikadir Muse, and their 26-year-old brother-in-law, Mohamed Salat Haji, were arrested in the airport terminal soon after, according to a criminal complaint filed in the United States District Court for the Western District of Michigan.

All three men have been charged with engaging in a conspiracy to provide material support or resources to a designated foreign terrorist organization, which is punishable by up to 20 years in federal prison.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/3-michiga...port-isis-105504136--abc-news-topstories.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sentence for that crime is FAR TOO LENIENT...IMHO. And how is that not TREASON?

Another PRO-ISLAMIST TERROR "GIFT" from the same state that gave us HEZBOLLAH's ALLY in the US CONGRESS...Rashida Tlaib!!

Michigan must be so proud..they are electing to Congress the people in support of the terrorists who have, and seek to KILL US.

Three Michigan residents were arrested Monday afternoon for conspiring to support ISIS, federal authorities said.

Muse Abdikadir Muse, 20, was arrested by law enforcement officers during security screening at the Gerald R. Ford Airport in Grand Rapids, Michigan, after checking in for the first of a series of flights to Mogadishu, Somalia. His 23-year-old brother, Mohamud Abdikadir Muse, and their 26-year-old brother-in-law, Mohamed Salat Haji, were arrested in the airport terminal soon after, according to a criminal complaint filed in the United States District Court for the Western District of Michigan.

All three men have been charged with engaging in a conspiracy to provide material support or resources to a designated foreign terrorist organization, which is punishable by up to 20 years in federal prison.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/3-michiga...port-isis-105504136--abc-news-topstories.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sentence for that crime is FAR TOO LENIENT...IMHO. And how is that not TREASON?

Hi grok. Good to hear from ya' today. Keep up the good work.

I'm not sure I like these FBI terror traps.

It seems pretty clear these bozos were incompetent buffoons. The FBI just gave them space to rant and rope to hang themselves with.

Not much of a threat thwarted, unless you're trying to justify more of the same.

Edit: FFS, the FBI had to pay for their flights to lure them to the airport!

trump told me ISIS has been defeated???

Grokmaster himself told you that ISIS has been defeated, too.

They were defeated! Except for these guys, who probably got in the US because there's no wall.

I'm not sure I like these FBI terror traps.

It seems pretty clear these bozos were incompetent buffoons. The FBI just gave them space to rant and rope to hang themselves with.

Not much of a threat thwarted, unless you're trying to justify more of the same.

Edit: FFS, the FBI had to pay for their flights to lure them to the airport!

You didn't use the word, but "entrapment" comes down to whether or not the government led someone to commit a crime they would otherwise commit.

If someone's talking about wanting to go join ISIS to kill people, and law enforcement sees it, then responds, that's not some unfair set-up. What's unfair is cajoling someone who just wanted to buy a little weed into selling a pound when there's no evidence he ever expressed an interest. (Granted, they don't record themselves and may lie about what they did to get the guy). Even then, entrapment is probably the hardest defense to mount, so even if that happened a jury would likely say "well...he wanted to buy drugs...what's more drugs?"

trump told me ISIS has been defeated???

We call this "Shroedinger's DERP".

Reality does not merely become fixed by measurement (an interaction of particles), it is dependent on who is observing what when. A later observation of a live cat can in fact make the dead cat have been alive all the time, thereby rewriting the history in which you found it dead.

Tricky, I know. I'm not a physicist so don't ask me.

I do hope the agents that dealt with these guys are getting paid.....

You didn't use the word, but "entrapment" comes down to whether or not the government led someone to commit a crime they would otherwise commit.

If someone's talking about wanting to go join ISIS to kill people, and law enforcement sees it, then responds, that's not some unfair set-up. What's unfair is cajoling someone who just wanted to buy a little weed into selling a pound when there's no evidence he ever expressed an interest. (Granted, they don't record themselves and may lie about what they did to get the guy). Even then, entrapment is probably the hardest defense to mount, so even if that happened a jury would likely say "well...he wanted to buy drugs...what's more drugs?"

I get that, but to my eyes what they are reeling in here aren't actual threats.

With these tactics, they're only going to get the really dumb ones. The big talkers with no competence. There are very basic techniques to sniff out law enforcement, even federal agents.

These tactics aren't effective at reducing the risk of a terrorist attack. They just make it look like they are being effective.

I get that, but to my eyes what they are reeling in here aren't actual threats.

With these tactics, they're only going to get the really dumb ones. The big talkers with no competence. There are very basic techniques to sniff out law enforcement, even federal agents.

These tactics aren't effective at reducing the risk of a terrorist attack. They just make it look like they are being effective.

Part of it isn't about reducing terrorist risk, but rather deterring crime. They do this with drugs, etc.

I'd probably prefer it to be easier to prove entrapment, but most of the time these really are bad people who meant to do bad things, who were merely helped on their way. Now they know they're probably too stupid to succeed. Hopefully that means they give up. Or get caught next time.

Part of it isn't about reducing terrorist risk, but rather deterring crime. They do this with drugs, etc.

I'd probably prefer it to be easier to prove entrapment, but most of the time these really are bad people who meant to do bad things, who were merely helped on their way. Now they know they're probably too stupid to succeed. Hopefully that means they give up. Or get caught next time.

I have no real issue there, except it doesn't seem like a good use of their limited resources to snatch a trio of scrubs for talking tough on the Internet.

Please also notice their extensive criminal records that weren't mentioned anywhere.

They were on these guys since 2016? Great use of manpower, FBI!

I feel super safe now that THESE guys are headed to a Federal Pen for up to 20 years.

Should have just delivered them to Mogadishu and abandoned them there. That would have been closer to justice, and much more cost effective to boot.

Back
Top Bottom