• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

3 Liberal talkers... 2 unhinged attackers and 1 liar.

These kinds of people on both sides are what's wrong with the media.

These kinds of people on both sides are what's wrong with the media.

No no no. It is just liberals. Liberals are evil and mouth breathers. It must be. If the media is not all liberal, conservatives will have no one to blame and might actually have to, gasp, take responsibility for their actions!

No no no. It is just liberals. Liberals are evil and mouth breathers. It must be. If the media is not all liberal, conservatives will have no one to blame and might actually have to, gasp, take responsibility for their actions!

Except... the majority of the media is all Liberal...

When a main-stream group doesn't conform to this standard... Well, you know the rest.

Except... the majority of the media is all Liberal...

When a main-stream group doesn't conform to this standard... Well, you know the rest.

Really? Care to prove that assertion?

Why is it that the Republicans/Conservatives/Tea Party, they're one in the same, always play the victim card. Always the same, the lib media won't let us win elections, the lib talk radio, I didn't even know there was one, are saying bad things about us, Obama and the lib senate won't let us have our way. Always the poor victim. Every body's always picking on me. Think back to McCain and Romney and you'll have your answers.

Really? Care to prove that assertion?

Well, we can start with the fact that the Democratic party received about ten times more monetary contributions (From the three big mainstream media groups: NBC, CBS, ABC) than the Republican party in 2008. Maybe if it there wasn't such a massive difference, I could accept the argument that the Democrats are more "generous". Not in this case.

No one denies MSNBC/NBC is biased.

Here's a helpful graph from Wikipedia.

File:percent of Media Citations by Ideology.svg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It may appear that the media has swung right in the early 2000's, however, there is no denying that it's taken a completely different stance since Obama's rise in 2008.

I'm sure you want me to dig up hundreds of graphs to support my cause, but I simply don't have the time. (At the moment.)

Well, we can start with the fact that the Democratic party received about ten times more monetary contributions (From the three big mainstream media groups: NBC, CBS, ABC) than the Republican party in 2008. Maybe if it there wasn't such a massive difference, I could accept the argument that the Democrats are more "generous". Not in this case.

No one denies MSNBC/NBC is biased.

Here's a helpful graph from Wikipedia.

File:percent of Media Citations by Ideology.svg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It may appear that the media has swung right in the early 2000's, however, there is no denying that it's taken a completely different stance since Obama's rise in 2008.

I'm sure you want me to dig up hundreds of graphs to support my cause, but I simply don't have the time. (At the moment.)

I don't think you realize what your source shows you. It shows that most media is not liberal, by concentration. Not only does it not prove your claim that "the majority of the media is all Liberal", it disproves it.

I don't think you realize what your source shows you. It shows that most media is not liberal, by concentration. Not only does it not prove your claim that "the majority of the media is all Liberal", it disproves it.

If he said a large plurality of the media is liberal, would that work for you?

Why is it that the Republicans/Conservatives/Tea Party, they're one in the same, always play the victim card. Always the same, the lib media won't let us win elections, the lib talk radio, I didn't even know there was one, are saying bad things about us, Obama and the lib senate won't let us have our way. Always the poor victim. Every body's always picking on me. Think back to McCain and Romney and you'll have your answers.

Identify critic.

Label him a "liberal".

Claim his position is a liberal one.

Repeat until your target audience believes you.

Target audience dismisses criticism as liberal nonsense.

Eventually enough points of view end up labeled "liberal" through this process that it appears a "bias" exists where none actually is.

It is highly likely that reality itself is "liberally biased". So reporting on reality "is" as well.

So, by only about 3-4%, there are more Centrist + Conservative citations in the media (2008). The fact that these two were nearly equal in 2008 is not telling to you?

Back
Top Bottom