• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

3,000 Americans volunteer to fight invading Russian forces in Ukraine, says report

Cool story but FYI the rest of the world sees the Dems as a bunch of communist whack jobs
When you say something like that, I really have to wonder if you are actually aware that "the rest of the world" does NOT consist SOLELY of "Republican" (whatever that means) supporters who live in the United States of America, but more than six blocks from your house.

When you say something like that, I really have to wonder if you are actually aware that "the rest of the world" does NOT consist SOLELY of "Republican" (whatever that means) supporters who live in the United States of America, but more than six blocks from your house.

Dude wake up to reality, the whole world is laughing at you, surely you don’t live in a bubble over in the USA

Cool story but FYI the rest of the world sees the Dems as a bunch of communist whack jobs

Probably your understanding of the world's political spectrum would be advanced if you memorized

If you divide the world's political spectrum into seven general categories "Far Left", "Left", "Left Center", "Center", "Right Center". "Right", and "Far Right" then divide each of those categories into " - ", "neutral", and "+" so that your scale now runs from "Far Far Left -" [equaling 1] to "Far Far Right +" [equaling 21]. For simplicity, think of the divisions as

1. “Far Left” (1, 2, &3),
  2. “Left” (4, 5, & 6),
  3. “Left Center” (7, 8, & 9),
  4. “Center” (10, 11, & 12),
  5. “Right Center” (13, 14, & 15),
  6. “Right” (16, 17, & 18) and
  7. “Far Right” (19, 20, & 21).
When you use that scale then:

• Canada’s “New Democratic Party” probably comes in around an “8”, “9”, or “10” (sort of “[Moderate to Conservative] Left Center”); and
  • Canada’s “Liberal Party” probably comes in around a “10”, “11” or “12” (sort of “[Center to Conservative] Center”); and
  • the "Libertarians" probably coming in around "12" to "13" (on the "Center" - "Right Right" border); and
  • Canada’s “Conservative Party” probably comes in around a “13” or “14” (sort of “[Progressive to Moderate] Right Center”); and
  • the Democrats probably come in around "14" to "15" (sort of “[Moderate to Conservative] Right Center"); and
  • the Republicans probably come in around "16" to "17" (sort of “[Progressive to Center] Right"); and with
  • the T.E.A. Party probably coming in around "17" to "18" (sort of “[Center to Conservative] Right".
The vast majority of world politics is probably in the "7" ("Progressive Center Left") to "15" ("Conservative Center Right) range.

[NOTE – “Kleptocracies” and “One-Man-Band” governments don’t really have “politics” as we generally consider them to be.]
Or, to put it in a way that more than a minority of America's High School graduates can understand (due to their lack of functional literacy)

POLITICAL SPECTRUM GRAPHIC.JPG

Better to fight Putin over there than over here.

There's zero chance of Russia attacking the US.
I can't think of a single way that would go anything but disastrously for them.
Even a limited attack would be suicidal.

There is never a ZERO chance of anything. Now if you wanted to say that there was a 0.00000001% chance of Russia attacking the US I might take issue with you for being an order or two too optimistic.

I read the other day that of the 3,000 interested US citizens wanting to fight for Ukraine, only 100 were accepted. You can't be too young, too old, or have no military training. That number may have been further reduced once they discovered that they have to get to Poland on their own dime.

I read the other day that of the 3,000 interested US citizens wanting to fight for Ukraine, only 100 were accepted. You can't be too young, too old, or have no military training. That number may have been further reduced once they discovered that they have to get to Poland on their own dime.
It takes a lot of money to supply up and leave whatever job you have for a few weeks. Reports that units are requiring people to sign up for set amounts of time as well; that has turned some people off I guess.

What's so tough about getting to Poland? You can drive there in your SUV - just take Highway 29 off of I-95 at Gray.

Or any NATO country for that matter. I also suspect that behind the scenes, China might be putting some pressure on Putin to pull out. The instability this is causing globally is not in China's interests

Or any NATO country for that matter. I also suspect that behind the scenes, China might be putting some pressure on Putin to pull out. The instability this is causing globally is not in China's interests

They also more than likely don't want to dragged into a larger conflict they can't win.

They also more than likely don't want to dragged into a larger conflict they can't win.
there is a hint about 'larger conflicts' these days.

No one wins. Lots of losers, but no one wins

Drive there, with today's gas prices!?
Oh damn! I forgot about that I guess that you'll just have to take the bus. Greyhound only charges $183 for a ride from Seattle WA to Bangor ME. Your brand new Chevy Silverado (21 mpg - highway) will burn around $599.68 worth of ($3.85/gal) gas if you drove yourself.

Oh damn! I forgot about that I guess that you'll just have to take the bus. Greyhound only charges $183 for a ride from Seattle WA to Bangor ME. Your brand new Chevy Silverado (21 mpg - highway) will burn around $599.68 worth of ($3.85/gal) gas if you drove yourself.
My Chevy was made over a decade before my dad was born... think I'll take a greyhound. And NY to Kiev is only 40% further than Bangor to Seattle, so for like $250 a bus ticket, that's a heck of a deal! And think of the friends you'd make along the way!

My Chevy was made over a decade before my dad was born... think I'll take a greyhound. And NY to Kiev is only 40% further than Bangor to Seattle, so for like $250 a bus ticket, that's a heck of a deal! And think of the friends you'd make along the way!
Hogwash. It's only 339.7 road miles from New York City to Poland. and another 479.9 road miles from Warsaw to Kyiv. while it's 3,271.9 road miles from Seattle to Bangor.

Indeed, you get to meet a lot of new interesting people while relaxing in your aircraft quality reclining seat on our modern, air conditioned, bus and watching the wonders of America go by when you leave the driving to us.

Back
Top Bottom