• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

3,000 Americans volunteer to fight invading Russian forces in Ukraine, says report

On one hand I can respect their desire to help. On the other having US citizens killed will push the country into another war

If they aren't actually sent by their country I don't see it. And what do you mean by "another war?" Seems to me it's already a war.

$5 not one of those 3,000 Americans is a leftist prog

If they aren't actually sent by their country I don't see it.
US citizens going to fight and die for democracy coming home in body bags can not go unanswere, especially when an administration has spent so much time trying to pawn themselves off as the champions of democracy.
And what do you mean by "another war?" Seems to me it's already a war.
As of now the US is not in direct conflict but once we send in “advisors“ with guns we are in the war no matter what you want to call it. It’s one thing to watch but a different to fight

US citizens going to fight and die for democracy coming home in body bags can not go unanswere, especially when an administration has spent so much time trying to pawn themselves off as the champions of democracy.

As of now the US is not in direct conflict but once we send in “advisors“ with guns we are in the war no matter what you want to call it. It’s one thing to watch but a different to fight
Who's sending them?

Who's sending them?
No one yet, but if we see a moderately large number of US citizens come home in body bags that has historically been the first step in our involvement. That is why I can understand people wishing to fight, and the US government doing all it can to discourage that.

Great. US forces escalating the tensions between the two massive nuclear arsenal countries.

No one yet, but if we see a moderately large number of US citizens come home in body bags that has historically been the first step in our involvement. That is why I can understand people wishing to fight, and the US government doing all it can to discourage that.
Are they doing that?

One situation which could occur, should Americans fight for Ukraine against the Russians, would be their capture by the Russians.

They will then become bargaining chips.

That would not be beneficial to either the US nor to Ukraine.

Regards, stay safe 'n well 'n remember the Big 5.

Last edited:
It would be like russki repubs to lie about vlad obeying the geneva convention.
You do realize the post you quoted says absolutely nothing about put in obeying the Geneva convention right.

Who am I kidding we both know your partisan glasses are so think you can't see much of anything through them.

Such as M.Traitor.Greene and the House GOPootins supporting another Vlad ethnic cleansing, along with those of Xi.
Do you think coming up with stupid little nicknames for the people you are as your enemy is a effective debate tativ for an adult.

Now if this was third grade it might be different.

You missed the part about your ilk, the russki repubs, lying about vlad obeying the geneva convention. That goes for Xi also.
Again can you really not read his post. It said nothing even remotely close to what you claimed.

I disagree; it's dangerous. If Putin perceives this as NATO involvement things could go tits-up very quickly and escalate further into an all-out global war.

Fear of Putin should never drive any decisions. Putin doesn't want a war with us. He cannot win. He can barely handle Ukraine.

Fear of Putin should never drive any decisions. Putin doesn't want a war with us. He cannot win. He can barely handle Ukraine.

I sure am glad you aren't in charge of anything fella.

But remember: you can always head on over to Ukraine and lend your expertise. Why havent you done that? Buh bye!

I sure am glad you aren't in charge of anything fella.

But remember: you can always head on over to Ukraine and lend your expertise. Why havent you done that? Buh bye!

Allowing Putin to do anything he wants unchecked doesn't lessen the liklihood of further conflict - it promotes it. I'm glad you aren't in charge of anything because it seems like you'd cower and beg Russia to spare us.

America should never make decisions out of fear of another country. We are not that kind of nation.

No. If American citizens make a personal choice to go to a war zone for the purpose of fighting, completely independent of any government operation or war, then that makes those entirely non-American policy deaths. If you go to Ukraine to fight and die, the American government is under no obligation to respond militarily or even diplomatically.

The tricky part as I see it isn’t in how the The United States government takes responsibility for Americans independently going to fight (they don’t), but in how to convince Putin that the United States government didn’t send them to fight to in the first place.

From WION (World Is One News)

Since the invasion began, Ukrainian officials have urged foreign volunteers to help fight Russian forces.

Heeding to this demand, around 3,000 Americans have volunteered to fight Russian forces in Ukraine, a media report said, citing a representative of Kyiv's embassy in Washington.

This comes as Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky announced on March 3, the formation of an "international legion" of 16,000 foreign volunteers, who were being asked to "join the defense of Ukraine, Europe and the world", reported VOA News.

*************************************************************************************************************

From The Regina Leader-Post

So many citizens of Canada have shown up in Ukraine to fight for the country’s new foreign legion, the organization has set up a separate Canadian battalion, says a Ukrainian government source.

The 550 would-be fighters that have arrived from Canada so far are part of a battalion based in Kyiv, said the representative of the International Legion for the Territorial Defence of Ukraine, who asked not to be identified for security reasons.

“International legion volunteers are usually kept together for logistics purposes as it is easier for communication, to avoid language barriers,” he said.

Meanwhile, a Ukrainian-Canadian activist helping in the recruitment of fighters in this country said hundreds more have volunteered to fight in Ukraine.

COMMENT:-
Since the US population is 8.726 times that of Canada's population, that means (according to the statisticians at The University of Numberology) that Canada should have sent around 26,180 volunteers if it wanted to match the US contribution in proportion to the two countries' population sizes - right?​
We've got to think of a way to attack Russia with conventional weapons. Strafe the Kremlin. I'm serious. This is bullshit.

On one hand I can respect their desire to help. On the other having US citizens killed will push the country into another war
We are free people living under god my friend, where each is guided by his own interests and judgments. Neither you, nor I, nor anyone can stop free people from fighting for whom they chose, so long as they adhere the common and international standards for military conduct.

The Ukraine has formed an international legion to address the standards of uniform military conduct. One would assume they will be fighting under a Ukrainian flag, not a US flag, tho they are still free to bare it, each according to his own will.

Russia could try and label them "illegal combatants", but that's going to be a tough sale under international laws so long as they wear military uniforms.

Russia could also chose to try to attack any nation that does not try to prohibit its' citizens from fighting in the international legion of the Ukraine, but hat just puts them at war with the entire free world, and while they maybe mad, they are not crazy.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom