• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

2JAN19 Press Conference 1400 EST

Rexedgar

Yo-Semite!
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Anyone watching the briefing?

He's talking foreign policy, a subject he knows very little about.

Katy Tur just came back on and opined that Trump clearly showed that he had been holed up in the White House with no one to talk to for way too long.

He was all over the map!

I just watched some of it...hilarious as usual. Hard to really believe that's a U.S. president talking.

Basically another Trump talking out of his ass, rambling around, lying, etc., about things he knows nothing about. I was trying to keep track of the lies but so many, so fast, and with such gusto, I don't even care at this point.

Did you know he basically fired Mattis?
He's solely responsible for current gas prices.
He's pulling out of syria because he saw some wounded vets.
And other stuff, you know, also because he doesn't know why we're there he said (ISIS?)

But as usual, it would take the character limit to describe it all in gory detail. Just another Trump Dump.

Katy Tur just came back on and opined that Trump clearly showed that he had been holed up in the White House with no one to talk to for way too long.

He was all over the map!

Katy Tur said that? Has Justin Beeber spoken on this yet?

Credit where credit is due; Happy New Year!

Guess you’re not a belieber? :shock:

I just watched some of it...hilarious as usual. Hard to really believe that's a U.S. president talking.

Basically another Trump talking out of his ass, rambling around, lying, etc., about things he knows nothing about. I was trying to keep track of the lies but so many, so fast, and with such gusto, I don't even care at this point.

Did you know he basically fired Mattis?
He's solely responsible for current gas prices.
He's pulling out of syria because he saw some wounded vets.
And other stuff, you know, also because he doesn't know why we're there he said (ISIS?)

But as usual, it would take the character limit to describe it all in gory detail. Just another Trump Dump.

Trump also clearly does not know how Government Appropriations and Spending Accounting practices work either. He is arguing that claims that he has not spent the $1.3B in funding for Border Barrier he got in the last CR are false because "we have not paid the contractors yet". ABSURD......Debits against department budgets are accounted for when they are committed to the contractor, not when the contractor is paid....you IDIOT Donald! If the funds have not been spent they have not been committed to a contractor.

If the committed funds are not eventually "paid" to the contractor, the Department budget is credited back.

My God, could you imagine if it worked some other way. A department of government could just keep committing the same $1.3B over and over again to different contractors.

Last edited:
Trump: "Russia used to be the Soviet Union. Afghanistan made it Russia. Because they went bankrupt fighting in Afghanistan. Russia."

Who needs real history books?!?

Anyone watching the briefing?

No. It'll be much the same only with the increasing lunacy we've all come to expect.

There will be more Wall and Wheels psycho-babble.

Included will be Trump's incredible work with North Korea.

There will be a few moments of Trump-hate for Hillary, Nancy and Chuck. Following that there will be the standard leftist are scum references and a moment or two about "Fake News".

Spaced in between short moments of intelligible speech Trump will announce the he created the modern chrysanthemum; how he has ordered the Army Corps of Engineers to re-route hurricanes toward to Mexico until they pay for the Wall.

Trump will also propose major cities change their main street names to "Trump Street" and thus save millions on signs by buying in volume. Also Trump will casually mention that he has the ability to give himself a blowjob and that the color "blue" will be banned from government usage and possibly from government vocabulary.

Finally, Trump will inform the nation that in 2019 he will ask Congress to approve funding for the creation of a federal Christian Police Force to end the rampant discrimination of Christians in America. Franklin Graham will head the CPF.

Also, there will be references to witch hunts, no collusion, Mueller, cordovan shoe polish, the disgraceful waste of using too much salt and a pledge of allegiance before all sporting events, except golf.

Last edited:
The Obama’s wall story didn’t workout so well, so it’s off the the Vatican and their wall!

Trump also clearly does not know how Government Appropriations and Spending Accounting practices work either. He is arguing that claims that he has not spent the $1.3B in funding for Border Barrier he got in the last CR are false because "we have not paid the contractors yet". ABSURD......Debits against department budgets are accounted for when they are committed to the contractor, not when the contractor is paid....you IDIOT Donald! If the funds have not been spent they have not been committed to a contractor.

If the committed funds are not eventually "paid" to the contractor, the Department budget is credited back.

My God, could you imagine if it worked some other way. A department of government could just keep committing the same $1.3B over and over again to different contractors.

Trump demonstrated all anyone needed to know about his business "acumen" when he said putting solar panels on his wall was a good idea.

The Obama’s wall story didn’t workout so well, so it’s off the the Vatican and their wall!

That actually makes some sense as Trump is touting 9th century technology, and there is a real example!

If listening to him kills brain cells, you can read the best parts here:

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1080539327766106112

Trump said European leaders have told him they don't know how they've gotten away with taking advantage of the U.S. so long.

I hope one of the reporters in the room demanded names.

Although we know he would have to make them up, because you'd have to be an idiot to believe this happened.

Trump says he was all alone in his "big house" over the holidays -- "except for all of the guys out on the lawn with machine guns." He says that he's never seen so many machine guns, and they didn't even wave at him. He adds, "All alone with the machine-gunners."

What the holy hell?

"If the Supreme Court rules that President Obama was wrong, which they should! Because by the way if he was right, then I've been given tremendous power. Can you imagine me having that power? Wouldn't that be scary?"

smilie2.jpg

Last edited:
Trump: "Russia used to be the Soviet Union. Afghanistan made it Russia. Because they went bankrupt fighting in Afghanistan. Russia."

Christ, I thought you were just making that up. But nope, he actually said that.

He's probably smarter than the idiot in the White House.

Trump says he was all alone in his "big house" over the holidays -- "except for all of the guys out on the lawn with machine guns." He says that he's never seen so many machine guns, and they didn't even wave at him. He adds, "All alone with the machine-gunners."

What the holy hell?

You didn't know that the secret service carries automatic weapons?

Yeah, the history bits were especially hilarious, I forgot about that.

He was off on lack of parity again too, claiming that when another nation with a fraction of our GDP puts up money, because it's not as much as The U.S., it's therefore pathetic. He's got issues with proportionality.
Remember when he was cornered into actually kicking out Russian's in retaliation, and he freaked out at the U.S> being "out ahead" on punishing Russia, and he told them to do it the same as other nations? Then his people did it the same PROPORTION as other nations, which resulted in the U.S. kicking out way more than any individual European country, and flipped out? Good times.

You didn't know that the secret service carries automatic weapons?

He said machine guns, he didn't say automatic weapons. Nice try.
And he wasn't talking about the legal term "machine gun" either. He's a clueless moron, admit it.

Back
Top Bottom