• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

27X World Champs?

LaMidRighter

Klattu Verata Nicto
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
So, okay, I know that the Yankees are having a rougher season than usual, but if they can either take the division or win a wild-card berth they are still a potent and dangerous team, and always a threat.
I guess the question of this thread would be, am I the only one who thinks this could be the year for the 27th penant to reach my lifelong favorite New York Yankees? And also, how will this affect 26X champs name(a little joke there champs)?

LaMidRighter said:
So, okay, I know that the Yankees are having a rougher season than usual, but if they can either take the division or win a wild-card berth they are still a potent and dangerous team, and always a threat.
I guess the question of this thread would be, am I the only one who thinks this could be the year for the 27th penant to reach my lifelong favorite New York Yankees? And also, how will this affect 26X champs name(a little joke there champs)?

The Yankees are fading. For the first time in seven years, it will not be Yankees first and Red Sox second, but rather will be Red Sox first and Yankees second (or perhaps third).

The BoSox are on a seven-game win streak and are now 4.5 games ahead of the Yanks, who are falling further and further behind in the Wild Card race as well.

Rather than the Yanks becoming 27X Champs, the BoSox will become 7X champs and take a 2-0 lead over the Yanks in the 21st century!

ludahai said:
The Yankees are fading. For the first time in seven years, it will not be Yankees first and Red Sox second, but rather will be Red Sox first and Yankees second (or perhaps third).
It's looking bad right now, I don't know, will reserve judgement until the playoffs begin.

The BoSox are on a seven-game win streak and are now 4.5 games ahead of the Yanks, who are falling further and further behind in the Wild Card race as well.
I wouldn't brag too much about the Sox, they have huge bullpin problems that will come back to haunt them.

Rather than the Yanks becoming 27X Champs, the BoSox will become 7X champs and take a 2-0 lead over the Yanks in the 21st century!
Doubtful, I don't think the Red Sox will even make the WS again much less win it, first off, there are still the Angels(Boo-Hiss) and the White Sox to deal with and even if those two can be defeated then there are still the Nationals and Cardinals threats if Boston somehow survives the playoffs. Of course, to be fair, I will say that unless the Yanks pull a major turnaround, we won't be in the WS either.

The indians have whooped the yankees butts the last couple of games, and today they're going to surpass them in the wild card race. It's not happening for the yanks this year, sorry. At least 26x world champs' name won't be out of date.

Back
Top Bottom