• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

24 May: Georgia + 11 other primaries to watch in Alabama, Arkansas, Minnesota and Texas (LIVE Thread)

I think we have a better shot at our Senate race than we do at the governorship.

Yesterday the Republican voters clearly said that they wanted to leave 2020 in the past. By doing so, they just gave themselves a better chance at defending the governorship and secretary of state.

But Herschel Walker is an inexperienced outsider with a lot of baggage, and he's not the incumbent.

I can see the logic in your argument, and you may indeed be right. Whereas Kemp seems to be running a 'calming', 'come to our senses', status-quo type campaign, Abram's seem to be still in 'revolution' mode. And the indies & moderates may be saying,

"Enough, already! We want peace!"

I can indeed see that occurring.

But the Abram's 'Yin' to Kemp's 'Yang', might be her GOTV operation along with the hope bestowed upon her demographics, demographics that heretofore may have relegated themselves to the inevitability of Republic establishment control of statewide office.

I wrote more on this in my post #50, above, if you're interested.

I think we have a better shot at our Senate race than we do at the governorship.

Yesterday the Republican voters clearly said that they wanted to leave 2020 in the past. By doing so, they just gave themselves a better chance at defending the governorship and secretary of state.

But Herschel Walker is an inexperienced outsider with a lot of baggage, and he's not the incumbent.
I agree with all of this, especially the second paragraph.
I have some good friends who live in Atlanta and I stayed with them for a few days in the last 6 months (Atlanta is a pretty city). They are conservatives and their families have LONG histories in Atlanta. They weren't hoping for Walker to win the primary but they were quite confident GA's love of Walker would easily lead to a primary win and they also think that love will make for a very good chance for Walker in November.
As I mentioned, I like the way last night provides a settled down environment for GA elections. I think that will help it now return to a more traditional GA, politically and regarding elections. I do expect the Senate race will be a closer race than the governor race.
Here is how the betting market sees that Senate race and there is a much wider gap in the governor race. Now that the primary is over, we'll soon see much more polling on the November matchup.

Screenshot 2022-05-25 133800.png

I can see the logic in your argument, and you may indeed be right. Whereas Kemp seems to be running a 'calming', 'come to our senses', status-quo type campaign, Abram's seem to be still in 'revolution' mode. And the indies & moderates may be saying,

"Enough, already! We want peace!"

I can indeed see that occurring.
Me too and I think last night gave us a big clue of that.

Sorry guys, but if Stacey Abrams couldn't win in 2018 - which was a strong Democratic year due to #MeToo - she stands no chance this year - which is shaping up as a strong Republican year.

My guess is:

54% Brian Kemp (R-incumbent Governor)
45% Stacey Abrams (D)
1% for other candidates

That would be an 8%-swing to Kemp from 2018, when he won by 1%. Abrams could also lose by double-digits if there's a huge R wave in November.

Back
Top Bottom