• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

2200 dead on Egypt

Coin

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
PressTV - 2,200 killed in security forces' crackdown on Cairo sit-ins: Muslim Brotherhood
Photos from Egypt: Death, chaos and grief grip Cairo

Hundreds of Israelis stranded in Sinai - Israel News, Ynetnews

There is definitely no intention for democracy by this regime.
Do you people think Morsi should be released to save Egypt??

Rumors says that Israel is going against Egypt in case the situation collapse.
But the Syria seems a hot war zone too.
Obama seems to be still in dilemma regarding the Syria and the Egypt.

Good, Obama can stay in a dilemma. We dont need to go in there.

PressTV - 2,200 killed in security forces' crackdown on Cairo sit-ins: Muslim Brotherhood

Releasing Morsi will not save Egypt - Morsi is an Islamist version of Mubarak and unless you want Egypt to be a larger version of Iran, he should never be allowed back.

The US propping up Mubarak for decades and then not reacting in a timely way when Egyptian youth went to the streets is what has caused so much turmoil there.

Decades of playing nice with some of the most despicable actors in the world is coming back to haunt the west.

Releasing Morsi will not save Egypt - Morsi is an Islamist version of Mubarak

Decades of playing nice with some of the most despicable actors in the world is coming back to haunt the west.
-------------
Very true.
Realpolitik comes home to roost.
I don't have any good solutions....just stand back and stay out of the line of fire, I guess.
Too bad for the innocent bystanders.

haha

it is not true

Obama will come out with a strong position on this after a clear winner has been declared.

I wonder if Mubarek would consider another go...

Well I think the WH never dreamed that the Arab Spring would bring more radical Muslims to power. Not really that much different than what happened in Iran. first rule of revolution is to get rid of the revolutionaries.

And the Arab Spring that Obama supported continues.
-----------------
Everyone supported the Arab Spring in theory.
Should Obama have propped up Mubarak?
What do you think that would have achieved?
You make the call President Apache.....what would you do?

And the Arab Spring that Obama supported continues.

who started it ?

junior moron ?

you need to know that your presidents have to agree with your foreign politics no matter what their political lean is

As for some other comments on DP, thank you for not playing politics. In all sincerity, it is too bad McCain and Graham were not able to broker a peace. They were more pro-Arab spring than Obama. Republicans in the late 1940's were famous for saying that politics ended at our shoreline. Today, not so much.
Releasing Morsi will not save Egypt - Morsi is an Islamist version of Mubarak and unless you want Egypt to be a larger version of Iran, he should never be allowed back.

The US propping up Mubarak for decades and then not reacting in a timely way when Egyptian youth went to the streets is what has caused so much turmoil there.

As for some other comments on DP, thank you for not playing politics. In all sincerity, it is too bad McCain and Graham were not able to broker a peace. They were more pro-Arab spring than Obama. Republicans in the late 1940's were famous for saying that politics ended at our shoreline. Today, not so much.
-----------

Heya, Linc.
How goes it in the mighty Midwest?
As to the middle-east, no one's able to broker any sort of peace.
Until people get sick of their loved ones bleeding and dying, no peace will come.

Why on earth should Obama do anything about Syria and Egypt other than what he's already done, which is criticize the violence and ask for peace? It galls me that any time anything happens anywhere on the planet, the first thing the world says is, "Why isn't President (fill in the blank) of the USA doing anything about this?"

Why on earth should Obama do anything about Syria and Egypt other than what he's already done, which is criticize the violence and ask for peace? It galls me that any time anything happens anywhere on the planet, the first thing the world says is, "Why isn't President (fill in the blank) of the USA doing anything about this?"

What was different about Libya?

-----------------
Everyone supported the Arab Spring in theory.
Should Obama have propped up Mubarak?
What do you think that would have achieved?
You make the call President Apache.....what would you do?

I sure in hell didn't support the Arab Spring.

I learned decades ago that western form of democracy doesn't work in the Muslim Middle East.

There were many who knew the only people who would benefit from the Arab Spring was either the Muslim Brotherhood or Al Qaeda or other radical Islamist extremest who are not in the best interest for the western world.

But the Middle East during the Obama administration became a complete basket case a year before the Arab Spring.

Obama is an incompetent statesman who has surrounded himself with second rate people. He had an incompetent Secretary of State and he may have had a competent Director at the helm of the CIA but he was a yes man.

A competent President would have never thrown President Mubarak, a long time ally who protected Israels southern flank under the bus.

A competent President would have looked at the only two options America and the western world had.

1.) In early 2011 the administration should have approached President Mubarak and convinced him that times have changed, it's time to step down and turn the power over too someone we can deal with and would be in the best interest of Egypt, America, the western world and Israel.

2.) Have the CIA overthrow the Mubarak government and replace it with a government that would be in the best interest of America and the western world.

All Obama accomplished was to show America's allies that America can't be trusted that they could be next to be thrown under the bus.

------------
I didn't like this post as much the second time.:)

------------
I didn't like this post as much the second time.:)

My machine hiccupped, impatient one. I deleted the duplicate within seconds! :lol:

What was different about Libya?

Obama was not the instigator in Libya. France, Spain and UK led the charge, and asked the USA, as an ally, to support them. Since they had supported us previously in unpopular military actions overseas, Obama wisely agreed. That is what was different about Libya.

2.) Have the CIA overthrow the Mubarak government and replace it with a government that would be in the best interest of America and the western world.

--------------------

Uh-huh.....CIA installed gov'ts are always so successful.
The local populace loves 'em.
What could possibly go wrong?

My machine hiccupped, impatient one. I deleted the duplicate within seconds! :lol:
---------------
Not quite quick enough.......I see all.;)

which world ?

l dont know such a world

Obama was not the instigator in Libya. France, Spain and UK led the charge, and asked the USA, as an ally, to support them. Since they had supported us previously in unpopular military actions overseas, Obama wisely agreed. That is what was different about Libya.

imperialism is such a thing

So obama went into Libya because other countries wanted him to huh, that's a good reason.:roll: Hopefully other countries won't tell him to go into Egypt anytime soon. Funny how nothing obama does is his fault or his decision, he's always a hapless victim.

Back
Top Bottom