• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

2200 dead on Egypt

Obama was not the instigator in Libya. France, Spain and UK led the charge, and asked the USA, as an ally, to support them. Since they had supported us previously in unpopular military actions overseas, Obama wisely agreed. That is what was different about Libya.

The frogs turned to Obama when they ran out of bombs.

We're having some nice cool weather. Corn forecast for this year was surprisingly low recently. New regulations for high school football dehydrating. Can't decide whether to teach again or stay retired and trust the Illinois pension. RepubLoons may be lurking in 2014.
-----------

Heya, Linc.
How goes it in the mighty Midwest?
As to the middle-east, no one's able to broker any sort of peace.
Until people get sick of their loved ones bleeding and dying, no peace will come.

So obama went into Libya because other countries wanted him to huh, that's a good reason.:roll: Hopefully other countries won't tell him to go into Egypt anytime soon. Funny how nothing obama does is his fault or his decision, he's always a hapless victim.

You asked a question. I answered it. I'm not going to be baited into defending my rationale or a drawn-out argument because, as is all too frequent with you, you twist an initially benign question into a confrontational attack. If this continues to be a habit of yours, I will simply stop responding to you. It will not be a loss to either of us, since you obviously are not really interested in my answers anyway. :)

Why on earth should Obama do anything about Syria and Egypt other than what he's already done, which is criticize the violence and ask for peace? It galls me that any time anything happens anywhere on the planet, the first thing the world says is, "Why isn't President (fill in the blank) of the USA doing anything about this?"
There were many "why", "why", "why" US was supporting rebels during Arab spring.
it was something which did not come naturally.
The president did not just criticized and asked for peace.
When you enter on a conflict between 2 sides, you should take the responsibility and courage to make the things better or turn them just as they were.
Libya, (it was a bad move imo) was a successful mission because it went as it was planned for the democracy or ....
Syria was abandoned and people get killed daily. However there were sent continuous supplies to the rebels.
Egypt looks like is going on same way.

what should the president do?
if he can't control these situations, he should stop sending money and weapons to the rebels, because these expenses are giving no feedback, only more and more murdered people, beside the fact that those supplies never went to the right place. US is spending way too much moneys lately on outside and have forgotten the main problems inside, imo.

He can't create a mess and than just leave because he have no more will and the vision as it was before he came.

Which of the many fragmented wings of the GOP wanted more action in the ME, about the same, a little less, none at all, or haven't got a clue like the government shutdown. Christie/Newt 2016
So obama went into Libya because other countries wanted him to huh, that's a good reason.:roll: Hopefully other countries won't tell him to go into Egypt anytime soon. Funny how nothing obama does is his fault or his decision, he's always a hapless victim.

There were many "why", "why", "why" US was supporting rebels during Arab spring.
When you enter on a conflict between 2 sides, you should take the responsibility and courage to make the things better or turn them just as they were.
Libya, (it was a bad move imo) was a successful mission because it went as it was planned for the democracy or ....
Syria was abandoned and people get killed daily. However there were sent continuous supplies to the rebels.

if he can't control these situations, he should stop sending money and weapons to the rebels, because these expenses are giving no feedback, only more and more murdered people, beside the fact that those supplies never went to the right place. US is spending way too much moneys lately on outside and have forgotten the main problems inside, imo.

He can't create a mess and than just leave because he have no more will and the vision as it was before he came.

Was Obama the only western leader that, after watching Cairo, etc., burn as people marched for democracy, eventually ask the Egyptian government to end the violence, and consider giving democracy a chance? No, he most certainly was not. The leaders of nearly every western democracy said basically the same, just as they are united in asking Assad to step down in Syria, because he has shown the most flagrant disregard by slaughtering thousands of his own people. Why is it always America who is expected to clean up civil wars and riots in countries halfway around the world? Why isn't it France's job, or Spain's, or Germany, or the UK... or Russia, for crying out loud, who has been arming Assad with the very weapons he used to murder tens of thousands of Syrians??

America never sent weapons, arms or money to the rebels in Egypt or Tunisia, and have only recently decided, along with all other western powers, to send humanitarian aide to Syrian rebels. I don't know where you get your news, but your understanding of the facts about America's involvement in these spontaneous insurgent revolutions is frankly non-existent.

That's what pisses me off. No matter what the reason why a country finds itself in chaos, with its people demanding regime change, the world turns to America and says, "Somehow this must be your fault. Fix it." Well, hell no. They created the chaos; let THEM fix it. :2mad:

Last edited:
PressTV - 2,200 killed in security forces' crackdown on Cairo sit-ins: Muslim Brotherhood
Photos from Egypt: Death, chaos and grief grip Cairo

Hundreds of Israelis stranded in Sinai - Israel News, Ynetnews

There is definitely no intention for democracy by this regime.
Do you people think Morsi should be released to save Egypt??

Rumors says that Israel is going against Egypt in case the situation collapse.
But the Syria seems a hot war zone too.
Obama seems to be still in dilemma regarding the Syria and the Egypt.

Why do you think that Democracy would save Egypt?

There are a lot of things that go into making a stable, safe society. Governing form is only one, and democracy can be a license to murder.

No matter what the reason why a country finds itself in chaos, with its people demanding regime change, the world turns to America and says, "Fix it." Well, hell no. They created the chaos; let THEM fix it. :2mad:
---------------

Next, we'll be hearing about ".....our vital interests in the region..."
I'm edging closer to the non-interventionists.
Butt out.
Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

---------------

Next, we'll be hearing about ".....our vital interests in the region..."
I'm edging closer to the non-interventionists.
Butt out.
Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Exactly. When it comes to America, no decision will ever be the right decision. Not that we haven't made our share of cringe-worthy bad decisions, but the constant blame-mongering fueled by lies grows tiresome.

New regulations for high school football dehydrating. Can't decide whether to teach again or stay retired and trust the Illinois pension. RepubLoons may be lurking in 2014.
------------

Never understood the wisdom of running the kids to death--very nearly--in afternoon heat/humidity.
Maybe early AM workouts?
Just guessing, but I think your heart is in teaching...follow your heart.
Loons are everywhere, Repubs have the REALLY high-quality loons, though.
Hey, I'm retiring in 5 months, 16 days, 3 hours and 49 minutes.....WOO-HOO!!

http://www.debatepolitics.com/middle-east/115155-great-middle-east-project.html

67120163d1324403388-great-middle-east-project-rtyuuuu.jpg

Obama-facepalm.jpg

Ran across these quotes from Actual Federal Employee Evaluations from a 2004 e-mail: 1) This employee should go far, and the sooner he starts, the better. 2) When she opens her mouth, it seems that it is only to change feet. 3) Since my last report, this employee has reached rock bottom and has now started to dig. 4) He brings a lot of joy when he leaves the room.

------------

Never understood the wisdom of running the kids to death--very nearly--in afternoon heat/humidity.
Maybe early AM workouts?
Just guessing, but I think your heart is in teaching...follow your heart.
Loons are everywhere, Repubs have the REALLY high-quality loons, though.
Hey, I'm retiring in 5 months, 16 days, 3 hours and 49 minutes.....WOO-HOO!!

4) He brings a lot of joy when he leaves the room.
------------
Ouch....this sounds suspiciously like one of my ex-wives.....stupid beech.:lol:

Was Obama the only western leader that, after watching Cairo, etc., burn as people marched for democracy, eventually ask the Egyptian government to end the violence, and consider giving democracy a chance? No, he most certainly was not. The leaders of nearly every western democracy said basically the same, just as they are united in asking Assad to step down in Syria, because he has shown the most flagrant disregard by slaughtering thousands of his own people. Why is it always America who is expected to clean up civil wars and riots in countries halfway around the world? Why isn't it France's job, or Spain's, or Germany, or the UK... or Russia, for crying out loud, who has been arming Assad with the very weapons he used to murder tens of thousands of Syrians??

America never sent weapons, arms or money to the rebels in Egypt or Tunisia, and have only recently decided, along with all other western powers, to send humanitarian aide to Syrian rebels. I don't know where you get your news, but your understanding of the facts about America's involvement in these spontaneous insurgent revolutions is frankly non-existent.

That's what pisses me off. No matter what the reason why a country finds itself in chaos, with its people demanding regime change, the world turns to America and says, "Somehow this must be your fault. Fix it." Well, hell no. They created the chaos; let THEM fix it. :2mad:
it did it through turkey

why is it hard to accept it ?

nobody says "come save me"

they usually say " go home yankee" ,diana

She must have been depriving a village somewhere of an idiot. I'm sure she routinely argued with signposts.
------------
Ouch....this sounds suspiciously like one of my ex-wives.....stupid beech.:lol:

She must have been depriving a village somewhere of an idiot. I'm sure she routinely argued with signposts.
--------------------
Very true about the village.
She didn't really argue with road signs, she just ignored the signs as she careened down the road in a drunken stupor.....good times!!!

Exactly. When it comes to America, no decision will ever be the right decision. Not that we haven't made our share of cringe-worthy bad decisions, but the constant blame-mongering fueled by lies grows tiresome.
-----------------
I share your disgust, slowfinger.

And the Arab Spring that Obama supported continues.

It's just the same old pattern- overthrow a dictator, have one election and then deal with an Islamist theocracy. It's been the same since the Shah of Iran led to the Ayatollah Khomeini. Just watch, the US will soon be nostalgic for Saddam Hussein.
Nothing to do with Obama, just that Americans are evangelists of democracy and democracy just f***s things up in a lot of the world.
Watch and see. If you cultivate an attitude of detachment, it's all like a comedy with no laugh track.

Obama will come out with a strong position on this after a clear winner has been declared.

I wonder if Mubarek would consider another go...

The smart thing to do. Conservative dolts like Bush and Reagan would invade and spent $3T to install an extremist regime, or declare the jihadists freedom fighter and give them stinger missiles.

Yeah, because the Arab Spring is a bad thing because democracy didn't happen overnight.

If you only knew how shallow and ignorant you sound.

Yeah, because the Arab Spring is a bad thing because democracy didn't happen overnight.

If you only knew how shallow and ignorant you sound.

Obama is always talking about sexual assaults. How many American and western women have been raped in Egypt since Obama threw Mubarak under the bus ?

How many Egyptians have been killed ?

:roll:

You mean - the present situation continues to be ongoing - same as usual - in the nations which brought us the Bible's many dramas?

:roll:

You mean - the present situation continues to be ongoing - same as usual - in the nations which brought us the Bible's many dramas?

the saddest thing is that posters on DP were mad about the apparent Muslim brotherhood taking over Egypt and now the people are trying to kick them out the same DP posters use this as an excuse to attack your president. The guy can not win.

Back
Top Bottom