• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Will Trump Run for President in 2024?

• Total voters
I think after last night it's a given that Trump will run again

I think the first Yang tweet here is excellent, especially its last sentence.

Unless of course they prosecute him under 18 U.S.C. § 2071, which may bar him from holding office.
No it won't. I'm not going to take the time to locate sources for you but Andy McCarthy and others have been all over that topic today. I also saw a Huff Post article on it earlier today.

I think the first Yang tweet here is excellent, especially its last sentence.
Those millions of Americans are MAGA idiots. I could care less how they see it. They're blind. They're being led by the RW noise machine. Bring em on. Nobody cares.

I banked on DeSantis at 40 to 1 two years ago so it's never too early to bet on Desantis:

TO WIN REPUBLICAN NOMINEE FOR THE 2024 ELECTION
TNT - [2011217] RON DESANTIS +4000 $
25.00 / 1,000.00#146012053
8/16/2022 8:00:01 AM
11/21/2020 12:35:28 PMINTERNET

Rigt Now on Predicticit - DeSantis is the betting choice to win;

It looks promising: Click on screen shot
It looks like we'll be losing PredictIt early in 2023. Too bad. I follow it regularly. How will they address bets like yours, which come to fruition after their closure date?

No it won't. I'm not going to take the time to locate sources for you but Andy McCarthy and others have been all over that topic today. I also saw a Huff Post article on it earlier today.

I have seen arguments either way. It would ultimately have to be adjudicated by the Supreme Court. And if he is prosecuted and convicted, he could still end up serving a three year sentence in Federal Prison per count of willful concealment or destruction. That would not bar him from becoming President, but it certainly throws a monkey wrench in the gears.

Imo there is a big difference between him declaring he will run and him running. One wildcard factor that I'm not sure about is whether or not he believes running for president will shield him from prosecution.

I have seen arguments either way. It would ultimately have to be adjudicated by the Supreme Court. And if he is prosecuted and convicted, he could still end up serving a three year sentence in Federal Prison per count of willful concealment or destruction. That would not bar him from becoming President, but it certainly throws a monkey wrench in the gears.
I'd say the arguments are very much headed one way right now - straight to the Constitution and its 3 requirements.
If that was the end game, it wasn't a very good choice of an end game.

Imo there is a big difference between him declaring he will run and him running. One wildcard factor that I'm not sure about is whether or not he believes running for president will shield him from prosecution.
Running for president would not shield him from prosecution, but winning will, which is why we have to make sure he doesn't win.

Trump is too big of a head case not to run.

He loves the attention.

He is the classic shit disturbing shit head.

That's what Republicans like about him

He is selfish and sf centered.

And will lie steal or cheat to win

That's what Republicansove about him.

He is above the law and will con anybody out of money.

That's what Republicans love about him.

I'd say the arguments are very much headed one way right now - straight to the Constitution and its 3 requirements.
If that was the end game, it wasn't a very good choice of an end game

I heard yesterday that there is already a Supreme Court precedent. It wasn't the President it was for a Congressman but the court ruled that conditions to hold elected office could not be added to a Constitutional requirement through legislation. I think Garland knows the chances are this, especially with this SC, likely would not withstand a challenge. That is not his motivation. I don't even think it's even a consideration.

Yang is right.

Even if the FBI manages to find classified material from the Mar a Lago raid, they cannot do anything about it.

Recall that in August of 2016, the FBI found conclusively that Hillary had mishandled classified government documents.

The two situations are not the same.

at this point now the nation has 70 million (and declining) trumpers and foxicans .......why wouldn't he run......hopefully the DOJ and FBI know what they are about with this latest thing and Trump is neutered.....

that being said imo the madness of the average working class conservative with their support of Trump is unbelievably scary...... Fox just keeps pouring on the propaganda and imo they have all lost all common sense

Even if the FBI manages to find classified material from the Mar a Lago raid, they cannot do anything about it.

Recall that in August of 2016, the FBI found conclusively that Hillary had mishandled classified government documents
As I recall it the DOJ chose not to prosecute because although she had mishandled some documents there was no evidence of intent. She also complied with requests to hand over all requested materials. In this case it looks as if Trump inappropriately held on to these documents intentionally.

Tell that to the folks who are all worked up over biden being president.
Do you mean the 2/3rds of the country that don't approve of the job Biden is doing as President?

What happens in the 2022 midterms is key to what happens in 2024.
I respectfully disagree, covid changed things in months. 9/11 changes things in days. God forbid an awful tragedy happens, but ANYTHING can happen between 2022 and 2024. For all we know housing will crash, or for all we know inflation will get under control, or for all we know North Korea will lose their minds. Things can change on a dime.

Well, it's Trump who is worked up about it. Constantly teasing when he'll announce. Personally, I don't think he will run. The loss would devastate his overblown ego which he just can't handle. Not to mention he's just too old. (And yes, I think Biden is too old also)

And then there are the legal issues. He'll be dealing with all this crap for the next 5 years.
Trump can tease all he wants. Doesnt mean you have to listen to him or take him seriously.

He will likely run. He will then be faced with some sort of criminal prosecution, which will fail. If he wins the GOP nomination, he will die before the election - or alternatively, if he survives to Election Day, if he wins, he will pass away before inauguration. Immediately upon the announcement of his death, the media will instantly set the narrative that there definitively is no evidence of foul play and any talk of foul play is misinformation and disinformation.

Trump will never be allowed in the White House again.
I think you are right. In effect, Trump should be happy the liberal establishment JUST stole the election from him and didn't assassinate him earlier. The next time he certainly won't be so lucky.

Voted other, mainly because I have no idea what will happen by 2024 but I do suspect a great deal of momentum can be won/lost based on who controls the next Congress.

Odds are the next Congress will be Republican ran, and if so and they decide to go all 'deep state' conspiracy theory lunacy by ripping into the DOJ and FBI then the onus will be on Independents to put up with that shit or not headed into 2024.

Way too many factors to make a guess today.

Trump can tease all he wants. Doesnt mean you have to listen to him or take him seriously.
We all have to take him seriously and do everything in our collective power to insure he never sets foot in the WH again. The future of America depends on that.

I respectfully disagree, covid changed things in months. 9/11 changes things in days. God forbid an awful tragedy happens, but ANYTHING can happen between 2022 and 2024. For all we know housing will crash, or for all we know inflation will get under control, or for all we know North Korea will lose their minds. Things can change on a dime.
At the moment the liberal establishment is most threatened by Trump so their machine is focussing all the hate on him. But make no mistake, the minute Trump bows out the next republican favorite becomes target #1 and all the hate for Trump screeches to a halt and the next threat #1 gets all the hate, talk of impeachment even before he is elected, the target of another few hoaxes, and probably will be assassinated.

It looks like we'll be losing PredictIt early in 2023. Too bad. I follow it regularly. How will they address bets like yours, which come to fruition after their closure date?
What info do you have about 'us losing predictit'. That's scary for me! If that happens I imagine all moneys not scored as of that time would be returned

At the moment the liberal establishment is most threatened by Trump so their machine is focussing all the hate on him. But make no mistake, the minute Trump bows out the next republican favorite becomes target #1 and all the hate for Trump screeches to a halt and the next threat #1 gets all the hate, talk of impeachment even before he is elected, the target of another few hoaxes, and probably will be assassinated.
The same thing can be said the other way around. Biden is target #1, and if he doesn't run, the next threat is target #1. Its no different. When Michael Jordan left the Bulls, Scottie Pippin became the biggest threat.

Running for president would not shield him from prosecution, but winning will, which is why we have to make sure he doesn't win.
I disagree with your position, but not your conclusion. If in fact he was elected, and then shot someone on 5th Avenue, do you think he would avoid prosecution? I believe that your position originates from a DoJ guideline with no constitutional basis. No constitutional basis doesn't mean it is unconstitutional, only that the guideline is not protected constitutionally.

The same thing can be said the other way around. Biden is target #1, and if he doesn't run, the next threat is target #1. Its no different. When Michael Jordan left the Bulls, Scottie Pippin became the biggest threat.
Biden is only a threat to his own party and is about to be thrown under the bus. The next few in line will also do more damage to the party than good. It's not the elected politicians of the left that are the threat, it's the leftist establishment that is the biggest threat.

Back
Top Bottom